+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
In short, yes, but you will both need proper quarantine plans on arrival. The usual caveats apply that decision is up to CBSA at border to admit your spouse under TRV as she arrives with (somewhat evident) plan to remain. Also documentation that she is your immediate family member (i.e. marriage certificates etc).
Thank you for your response. Are there any instance where CBSA has denied entry of spouse (holding TRV)? I have marriage certificate to prove relationship.

Should I ask my wife to travel independently to Canada (whenever they allow entry of visitors)? Once when she is in Canada, then I can apply for Spousal sponsorship.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your response. Are there any instance where CBSA has denied entry of spouse (holding TRV)? I have marriage certificate to prove relationship.

Should I ask my wife to travel independently to Canada (whenever they allow entry of visitors)? Once when she is in Canada, then I can apply for Spousal sponsorship.
My understanding is that there are cases of refusing entry, but not frequent. Others may have more experience. It would seem the main thing is she plans to comply with terms of entry, esp not working, and to leave when status rights out. (She can request an extension later, that's not an issue). But not advisable to show up with all her worldly possessions.

I do not believe there is any advantage in travelling separately - normally. The only wrinkle is that you're not evidently settled in canada already, and arriving together may look like moving together at same time. But this may be over-thinking. "Helping you settle in" is a valid reason to visit you, too.

There are plenty of threads here discussing arriving with dual intent / how people arrived for inland where others have experience.

She can visit you regardless with TRV as immediate family members are exempt from the covid-related 'essential' requirements (or phrased differently, family visits are deemed essential).

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
My understanding is that there are cases of refusing entry, but not frequent. Others may have more experience. It would seem the main thing is she plans to comply with terms of entry, esp not working, and to leave when status rights out. (She can request an extension later, that's not an issue). But not advisable to show up with all her worldly possessions.

I do not believe there is any advantage in travelling separately - normally. The only wrinkle is that you're not evidently settled in canada already, and arriving together may look like moving together at same time. But this may be over-thinking. "Helping you settle in" is a valid reason to visit you, too.

There are plenty of threads here discussing arriving with dual intent / how people arrived for inland where others have experience.

She can visit you regardless with TRV as immediate family members are exempt from the covid-related 'essential' requirements (or phrased differently, family visits are deemed essential).
Thank you for your response.
I didn't get on "worldly possessions". In current Covid situation, I would like to travel along with her. I hope I am not doing any mistake in travelling together. My intentions are clear to settle down along with my spouse and sponsor her PR.

Are you aware of threads discussing such instances? I would search as well.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Can you post the url to this info please?
Ist PARA:-
"Since the beginning of the pandemic, there have been a number of employees who continued to work in our offices to maintain our critical operations, and for this, we owe them a debt of gratitude. We want to thank all those who were involved in immediately implementing all the necessary safety measures to ensure their health and safety while in the workplace. Last week, they were joined by select employees from Sydney and Vancouver who resumed key business activities. Additional employees from the National Capital Region will return to their worksite this week. "
https://www.cic.gc.ca/emp/msg/20200713-eng.asp

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your response.
I didn't get on "worldly possessions". In current Covid situation, I would like to travel along with her. I hope I am not doing any mistake in travelling together. My intentions are clear to settle down along with my spouse and sponsor her PR.
I mean if she shows up with all clothing she owns, ten bags, all pots and pans, a kitchen hutch, etc., it will be obvious she has no intention of ever returning/leaving Canada. She has a visa to visit Canada, not stay forever.

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
From cic website
In general, we heard that employees are
happy to be back in the office and are comfortable and confident with the new temporary signage and measures put in place in their worksites. The machine is getting back into motion and paper applications are successfully being scanned and entered into our system, allowing for more and more applications to be processed remotely every day.

THIS is really GREAT NEWS guys!!!!!!!!

lucky1990

Nov 8, 2018
Ist PARA:-
"Since the beginning of the pandemic, there have been a number of employees who continued to work in our offices to maintain our critical operations, and for this, we owe them a debt of gratitude. We want to thank all those who were involved in immediately implementing all the necessary safety measures to ensure their health and safety while in the workplace. Last week, they were joined by select employees from Sydney and Vancouver who resumed key business activities. Additional employees from the National Capital Region will return to their worksite this week. "
Students give them MORE $$$$$$$$$$$ but they should not forget us . Hope they realize soon

deepika_bohra

Mar 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
19-12-2020
Passport Req..
19-07-2021
I have applied for Outland Spousal Sponsorship in April 2020.
I have no received any response yet. Can I link my profile online? I'm afraid if my documents have even reached the right department. Can anyone pleaseshare any tracker we have here? Thank you

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD NEWS as per my experience :-
GCKEYS website reads:
This online service will be unavailable from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday July 21, 2020, in order to perform system maintenance.
THIS happens ONLY when they update few things 4 us :);) I can expect some AORs now from SYDNEY

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD NEWS as per my experience :-
GCKEYS website reads:
This online service will be unavailable from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday July 21, 2020, in order to perform system maintenance.
THIS happens ONLY when they update few things 4 us :);) I can expect some AORs now from SYDNEY
Not true, they do this type of system maintenance weekly. They usually say if will be for this five hour period, but I think it is usually offline for less than that.

It does not mean anything (good or bad) for files, it's just their standard operating schedule.