+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi Seniors,

Can someone advice on how to change the VO for COPR.

A decision was made on my wife's application and we received pre-arrival services two weeks ago. The Singpore VO also confirmed to us that our application was approved via email. However, they said that currently they are not sending out PPRs due to COVID and hoping to start very soon.

Now my wife is planing to come to Canada next week on her existing TRV. As it is highly possible that she'll get the PPR only after coming here, what should we do in order to change the VO? is that even possible?

Your assistance is highly appreciated!

Bourne24

Nov 12, 2018
Question to seniors on this forum. Judging by the below article, is it safe to assume that IRCC will approve the TRVs for spouse of PRs and Citizens if they dont have a strong reason to visit Canada( only reason could be to be with their partners in these harsh times). As they have mentioned that immediate family members need not have a essential purpose to travel.

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/ircc-to-process-temporary-visas-and-etas-for-immediate-family-0614632.html#gs.7skl8k

Kindly suggest what to do here. As this article doesnt clearly state they will approve it, but as they are only processing TRVs for immediate family members it gives a strong indication they might.

Reactions: rrss13

Beatkedd

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney& Mexico
This order is set to expire by end of this month. Hard to believe that for 20 days ircc will offer a "free-for-all" trv disregarding their draconian trv criteria.
Yeah and say we do an application right now today for a trv it would take more than 20 days for them to process it likely ... so they better extend this . We personally have already been denied trv in the past twice as we could not prove my spouse would leave at the end of his stay . 16 months processing for PR. It is morally wrong what the Canadian government is doing to our family and other in this situation

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi guys
I need some clarification about vo and case processing center. This is an inland application.
Who send the pre arrival ? The vo or the cpc ? I see a lot of people that know when their files been transfer in vo . In our case all communication received was from cpc mississauga ( medical and all other stuff ) . Is it different outland vs inland ? It look like in outland medical background and other is made by the vo but in my case no it was all mississauga.... is the pre arrival is a sign that our files is now in the montreal Vo ?

Please help me understand this part. We are now at 27 months and we receive pre arrival 3 weeks ago no news since then. And I'm wondering where we are at

Thanks a lot

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi Seniors,

Can someone advice on how to change the VO for COPR.

A decision was made on my wife's application and we received pre-arrival services two weeks ago. The Singpore VO also confirmed to us that our application was approved via email. However, they said that currently they are not sending out PPRs due to COVID and hoping to start very soon.

Now my wife is planing to come to Canada next week on her existing TRV. As it is highly possible that she'll get the PPR only after coming here, what should we do in order to change the VO? is that even possible?

Your assistance is highly appreciated!
You can send a web form telling that you would like to change your VO to your current country of resident.

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
You can send a web form telling that you would like to change your VO to your current country of resident.
thanks so much for your response.

Not sure if you or anyone can answer this, but given the current situation would you advice to for us to wait till they issue the PPR in the respective country (which we don't know how long it will take) or just get on the flight next week and inform IRCC to change the VO.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
thanks so much for your response.

Not sure if you or anyone can answer this, but given the current situation would you advice to for us to wait till they issue the PPR in the respective country (which we don't know how long it will take) or just get on the flight next week and inform IRCC to change the VO.
Alot is unpredictable in this current situation. If you have a valid reason for coming I dont see why not.

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hi everyone,
Has anyone recently applied for outland spousal sponsorship? I need to know the best way to send across the documents to Nova Scotia and how soon do they provide acknowledgement of the application.
Thank you!
I submitted my wife’s sponsorship and they received it March 2nd in Nova Scotia but I still haven’t even got my AOR and haven’t received anything except the post office signature that they received it. Still waiting 3
Months later...

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Has anyone received AOR since you submitted your application for spousal sponsorship in the last 3 months? I submitted in March and haven’t heard anything and I’m wondering if anyone received anything

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Please tell me,do they always send aor2? it may be that they started the process, but the status in ecas "application received"?

SHPAH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
This is a disaster. I submitted everything to our immigration counsel and they sent it to the Nova Scotia office. They can’t even get the office to answer their emails to get updates for 3 months

Beatkedd

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney& Mexico
Has anyone received AOR since you submitted your application for spousal sponsorship in the last 3 months? I submitted in March and haven’t heard anything and I’m wondering if anyone received anything
im a January 2019 applicant .We first applied September and three months later they returned the application because we were missing 1 translation . We resubmitted then two months later got AOR . I can only imagine with the pandemic it is going much slower and from what I have been told they are only working online application so don’t do paper applications people . Don’t make the same mistake I did , online processes faster!

Last edited:

Beatkedd

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney& Mexico
Please tell me,do they always send aor2? it may be that they started the process, but the status in ecas "application received"?
AOR2 is when your file transfers for the second time . You need to get AOR first and no application received isn’t the same as AOR. You will get your UCI and app number

bian07

May 19, 2017
im a January 2018 applicant .We first applied September and three months later they returned the application because we were missing 1 translation . We resubmitted then two months later got AOR . I can only imagine with the pandemic it is going much slower and from what I have been told they are only working online application so don’t do paper applications people . Don’t make the same mistake I did , online processes faster!
The issue is that you can't apply for sponsorship online lol

Reactions: corolla110

Beatkedd

Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney& Mexico
The issue is that you can't apply for sponsorship online lol
well I guess we are all screwed then lol . I thought you could . I was talking to the embassy yesterday and immigration office and was told they are working from home and not working any paper applications at this time only online and essential services. Not sure what the essential services are as they don’t clarify