Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thanks for the answer and sorry for the late reply. When we input the date, because it's in the past, the document won't validate. What would be the workaround for this?

If anyone could answer this, I'd appreciate it.

Wife's currently here on implied status visitor extension. I was suggested to input her original Visitor Record end date on Generic App form - Personal Details - section 10, but it's not letting me validate the form because of the end date being in the past. Not sure what the workaround would be for this.
It wont let you validate if you selected visitor. You need to select other, and then on the next box write what the actual status is (whether its out of status, requires restoration; implied status, applied to extend etc.

When you select Other, it allows you to put the past dates or leave the dates blank

You can find more infor on the guide

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have a question bugging my mind. I know there are many here who are experienced and can help

My Story:
I am a Canadian PR and I reconnected with my old friend who lives back home. We started our relationship in January & decided in February 2020 to get married in June. I was to travel to spend time with him in April, have our pre-wedding ceremony and go back home in June for the final wedding ceremony. Because of Covid 19, plans started to change. I am worried now because it looks as if the airlines may not likely come into full operation for a long while and we don't know when all of these will be over or back to near-normal.
1. I am thinking of flying home just once (when airlines are flying) and having the 2 ceremonies in one trip to reduce my exposure to the virus. I am however worried that when i want to apply for spousal visa for him, i wont have evidence showing I have visited or seen him more than once. (I haven't been back home since i left couple of years ago and we weren't dating then).
Has anyone been in this dilemma or am i just overthinking things? I sure will have evidence of our call logs, video & audio, correspondences etc but not a boarding pass/ticket showing i have visited him twice. Is this going to be a deal breaker

Sorry for the long post.
Getting married on the first visit is a red flag. You should try to have more visits before marrying.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Since my husband has been out of status the person that is helping is told us to also make an explanation letter on why he didn't apply to be back in status

My husband actually did apply to stay in Canada and the person at the time that was helping him get back in status told us just to book a flight back back and that's how we get back in status

Fast forward to now all we had to do was apply go online for that how do I Write in explanation about that

You can write an explanation if you want. What you've written here doesn't make sense.

fluerpower

Mar 15, 2020
It wont let you validate if you selected visitor. You need to select other, and then on the next box write what the actual status is (whether its out of status, requires restoration; implied status, applied to extend etc.

When you select Other, it allows you to put the past dates or leave the dates blank

Fantastic. Thank you so much!

bian07

May 19, 2017

I just realized I accidentally selected visitor and not other or implied status for my application, what's gonna happen? I attached a letter of explanation regarding my status and provided proof that I applied for a visitor record, will that get me in trouble with the application now though? would a small accident like that count as misrepresentation?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I just realized I accidentally selected visitor and not other or implied status for my application, what's gonna happen? I attached a letter of explanation regarding my status and provided proof that I applied for a visitor record, will that get me in trouble with the application now though? would a small accident like that count as misrepresentation?
No. You are ridiculously overthinking.

Laraib Fahad

May 8, 2020
In GC key it's showing that my file has turned to 100% but still eligibility and background check is left can someone help me out in it that what does it mean?

Jiniya

Apr 14, 2020
In GC key it's showing that my file has turned to 100% but still eligibility and background check is left can someone help me out in it that what does it mean?
It means that 12 months have past. It's only tied to average time, not your actual case progress :(

(I'm 100% too)

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hello

I am going to submit Outland application for my spouse

Is it compulsory to submit Invitation Card for marriage and engagement ?
I don't see anything like this in Checklist.

Thank you

Laraib Fahad

May 8, 2020
Hello

I am going to submit Outland application for my spouse

Is it compulsory to submit Invitation Card for marriage and engagement ?
I don't see anything like this in Checklist.

Thank you
Submit as much proofs as u can from wedding card to your honeymoon pics... Tickets if u ppl went out of town or out of country... Bills of shopping... Pics of pre wedding dinner and post wedding dinner... Lunch and dinner pics and bills.... Other outing pics and proofs as well...

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Unfortunately I don't have invitation card since It was simple marriage with limited guest.
Do you think there would be problem if I don't submit invitation cards ?

I do have all pics for engagement, marriage , outings and honeymoon ; but it is saying that I have to submit maximum 20 pics , I don't know I can include all with only 20 pics.

I went for my honeymoon after 7 months of our marriage but I have booking receipts for honeymoon and pics too. Should I explain why honeymoon was late ?

Thank you soo much for your valuable suggestions

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Skp1310

Laraib Fahad

May 8, 2020
Unfortunately I don't have invitation card since It was simple marriage with limited guest.
Do you think there would be problem if I don't submit invitation cards ?

I do have all pics for engagement, marriage , outings and honeymoon ; but it is saying that I have to submit maximum 20 pics , I don't know I can include all with only 20 pics.

I went for my honeymoon after 7 months of our marriage but I have booking receipts for honeymoon and pics too. Should I explain why honeymoon was late ?

Thank you soo much for your valuable suggestions
Can't you ppl just print 1 card isn't it possible for u?
Yes in those 20 pics divide pics in a way that shows that u ppl are in a real relationship...
Yea with honeymoon bookings etc show it that why u went late for ur honeymoon...
Np

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Its not possible now because there is a lockdown in my spouse's country.

Thank you I will arrange pics according to that.

I have questions regarding my Notice of assessment.

Now I am not working because I got lay off due to Covid. In the checklist it says I have to submit NOA if I am working.
I am still going to submit notice of assessment just to show proof that I was working
I don't have NOA for 2019 , I haven't submitted tax file. Should I wait until I get NOA for 2019 or I can submit NOA 2018 ?
If I wait for NOA 2019 then there is very low income because I was out of Canada for 6 months in 2019. Income was approx $6000

Do you think low income for 2019 would be a problem ?