+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
I got an update yesterday and pre arrival email so I am assuming they are still working.
VO/VAC don`t make this work (work with file)! this is done at the embassy in a special department. and VAC is only a courier service, there was a question about it (although perhaps he also mixed up these concepts)

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
VO/VAC don`t make this work (work with file)! this is done at the embassy in a special department. and VAC is only a courier service, there was a question about it (although perhaps he also mixed up these concepts)
Ooops yep, I think I mixed up sorry..I meant the embassy as such but I see they do

Reactions: Belarusian

Ellaridge

Feb 15, 2020
Hi, I’m on an IEC open world permit and so close to sending off my pr application for commen law sponsorship. I have just downloaded the open work permit application to be sent on paper. It advises I need to extend my health insurance as I am a participant of the IEC. Just want to confirm I do need the insurance as I’m not applying for another IEC it’s the open work permit for family sponsorship, also I will continue to work on implied status and I do receive benefit from my employer. There is another document it requested from my employer, either LMIA or something to prove my job is exempt. After reading a lot on the cic website it seems I may not need either of theses, is anyone able to confirm?

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
ON the checkList , police certificate, there are 2 check boxes, which one should I click if my wife lived in that country all her life ? I am sponsering her.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ON the checkList , police certificate, there are 2 check boxes, which one should I click if my wife lived in that country all her life ? I am sponsering her.
I think you can tick both, as they both apply to her, or tick the country she currently lives. Then you write the name of the country

Laraib Fahad

May 8, 2020
Hi

1. Your jumping the gun, you won't hear/get anything for about 3 months after the application was received.
My application was received by LVO in Dec 2019 in jan they asked for police clearance i sent it feb how long it will take now? Its more thn 3 months now

Jiniya

Apr 14, 2020
My spousal PR application has taken a long time. My husband received sponsorship approval letter so I was hopeful to see it complete by this Spring, but then Corona came.

Late in the Summer my work permit will expire, and I'm worried CIC is too slow to complete my case before then. I really don't want to lose my job - is there any way extend my permit until the PR application is complete?

Jannat1

Jul 27, 2018
I have a question bugging my mind. I know there are many here who are experienced and can help

My Story:
I am a Canadian PR and I reconnected with my old friend who lives back home. We started our relationship in January & decided in February 2020 to get married in June. I was to travel to spend time with him in April, have our pre-wedding ceremony and go back home in June for the final wedding ceremony. Because of Covid 19, plans started to change. I am worried now because it looks as if the airlines may not likely come into full operation for a long while and we don't know when all of these will be over or back to near-normal.
1. I am thinking of flying home just once (when airlines are flying) and having the 2 ceremonies in one trip to reduce my exposure to the virus. I am however worried that when i want to apply for spousal visa for him, i wont have evidence showing I have visited or seen him more than once. (I haven't been back home since i left couple of years ago and we weren't dating then).
Has anyone been in this dilemma or am i just overthinking things? I sure will have evidence of our call logs, video & audio, correspondences etc but not a boarding pass/ticket showing i have visited him twice. Is this going to be a deal breaker

Sorry for the long post.

PoojaAnya

Apr 28, 2020
Since my husband has been out of status the person that is helping is told us to also make an explanation letter on why he didn't apply to be back in status

My husband actually did apply to stay in Canada and the person at the time that was helping him get back in status told us just to book a flight back back and that's how we get back in status

Fast forward to now all we had to do was apply go online for that how do I Write in explanation about that

fluerpower

Mar 15, 2020
Visitor status would be dates printed on her visitor record if she has one, or stamp (entry to date she is supposed to leave) if her passport was stamped, or from when she entered Canada to 6 months if her passport was not stamped
Thanks for the answer and sorry for the late reply. When we input the date, because it's in the past, the document won't validate. What would be the workaround for this?

If anyone could answer this, I'd appreciate it.

Wife's currently here on implied status visitor extension. I was suggested to input her original Visitor Record end date on Generic App form - Personal Details - section 10, but it's not letting me validate the form because of the end date being in the past. Not sure what the workaround would be for this.

Last edited:

sekhon6862

May 7, 2020
Hi,im October 2019 applicant. App. Received- 15 Oct. 2019
No AOR 1
SA-17 Nov. 2019
BR-27 Nov. 2019
MR-29 Nov.2019
Medical done on 10 dec
Medical passed on 24 DEC. 2019,this is the last update.
In ECAS shows (File received),
In GC key 57 percent file completed and 5 months left.

Till now no file transfers. i ordered GCMS on 12 march 2020, no reply yet.
Tried to contact MP but his office is closed due to covid-19.
Everyone got file transferred even they applied after me, i don’t understand whats goin on?please help me.