+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Ellaridge

Feb 15, 2020
Hi, I’m on an IEC open world permit and so close to sending off my pr application for commen law sponsorship. I have just downloaded the open work permit application to be sent on paper. It advises I need to extend my health insurance as I am a participant of the IEC. Just want to confirm I do need the insurance as I’m not applying for another IEC it’s the open work permit for family sponsorship, also I will continue to work on implied status and I do receive benefit from my employer. There is another document it requested from my employer, either LMIA or something to prove my job is exempt. After reading a lot on the cic website it seems I may not need either of theses, is anyone able to confirm?

Ellaridge

Feb 15, 2020
Just one more question for now, if the same document are required for my pr application and my work permit do I just send in one copy or 2 as they are being sent together, for example it seems I need a common law declaration for both application?

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Hi all. We just recieved the pre arrival services letter today. We had been denied in 2018 and won the appeal so will not require another interview. Our application shows it is processing background check now. How much longer will this take? Thank you in advance

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi all. We just recieved the pre arrival services letter today. We had been denied in 2018 and won the appeal so will not require another interview. Our application shows it is processing background check now. How much longer will this take? Thank you in advance
Nobody knows the exact answer. many (including me) still waiting PPR long time after receiving Pre-A and DM in Ecas

At2

May 6, 2020
My application was delivered on April 03, 2020 under Spousal visa to Nova Scotia, no acknowledgement letter yet. I tried to search the database for the application but nothing shows up. I contacted IRCC through webform, and was told they can't confirm if application was received.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

My application was delivered on April 03, 2020 under Spousal visa to Nova Scotia, no acknowledgement letter yet. I tried to search the database for the application but nothing shows up. I contacted IRCC through webform, and was told they can't confirm if application was received.
1. Your jumping the gun, you won't hear/get anything for about 3 months after the application was received.

At2

May 6, 2020
Hi

1. Your jumping the gun, you won't hear/get anything for about 3 months after the application was received.
I was on multiple forums, specifically on FB group where people are saying they got their AOR within a month. Waiting game I guess

AVI1313

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2019
LANDED..........
16-09-2019
I was on multiple forums, specifically on FB group where people are saying they got their AOR within a month. Waiting game I guess
this situation of receiving AOR within 1 month was before COVID, now 3 months is an estimate

Osmel86

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Cuba
Does anyone know if the V.O in Mexico is working? I wonder if even they are still working with a reduced personal...thanks

Sukh001

Jan 26, 2020
Any one plz tells me that wha is the next process . Because my medical done last year. applicant' eligibility passed this march file was referred last month.

Laraib Fahad

May 8, 2020
My husband submitted the file to Canada visa office on 8th March 2019
received it on the same date
biometrics sent in may 2019
done biometrics in may 2019
medical done 2nd june 2019
file tranferred to LVO dec 2019
Started processing dec 2019
January 2020 they sent an email that they want a new police clearance certificate
sent police clearance certificate in feb 2020
after that i didn't heard from them... Please of anyone can guide me that are they processing the files or not? Because I have seen that LVO is temporarily closed... If anyone can guide me please?