Spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey,I am permanent resident of Canada. I got married on November 2019 in india.I came back to canada on February 2020 .I have applied for spousal sponsorship for my husband on 15 march 2020 and it got received on 19 march 2020..But as on april 30 I haven't received my AOR yet.
Expect it to take several months.

Reactions: russ6970

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
:rolleyes:Representative: I am sponsering my wife and using my address in canada as a mailing address, therefore, she needs to fill up this form.
Section D has 2 signatures :( should both be signed?

Section D is the declaration section, where you sign to confirm that all of the information you entered is true, correct and complete. Read the statements carefully, then sign and date the form. If your spouse or common-law partner is included in this request, he or she must also sign and date the form.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
:rolleyes:Representative: I am sponsering my wife and using my address in canada as a mailing address, therefore, she needs to fill up this form.
Section D has 2 signatures :( should both be signed?

Section D is the declaration section, where you sign to confirm that all of the information you entered is true, correct and complete. Read the statements carefully, then sign and date the form. If your spouse or common-law partner is included in this request, he or she must also sign and date the form.
Only the one where it says signature of applicant.

Explorer43

May 3, 2020
Hello Guys,

Our sponsorship application (inland) is currently under processing. From last 5 months, my wife has been trying to get job but with no luck.
My question here is can she move to another province since she is getting offer from there. Since it is a inland application, do we have to reside together? Coz I have a business here so I can't leave just right away. And My wife is getting very god job offer from another province.

So please suggest what should we do? Can she move now? Or will this affect her PR application.

I look forward to receiving the response. Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Guys,

Our sponsorship application (inland) is currently under processing. From last 5 months, my wife has been trying to get job but with no luck.
My question here is can she move to another province since she is getting offer from there. Since it is a inland application, do we have to reside together? Coz I have a business here so I can't leave just right away. And My wife is getting very god job offer from another province.

So please suggest what should we do? Can she move now? Or will this affect her PR application.

I look forward to receiving the response. Thanks in advance.
No, she can't move somewhere else. You are required to live together for the whole process.

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
Hi all

Hope you are doing good and safe.

I am PR staying in India and did my soft landing a year ago. I got married in March 2020 and my wife is holding TRV (Visit Visa) of Canada. I am planning to move to Canada once the travel restrcitions due to Covid 19 are relaxed in India.

CIC has relaxed guidelines for family class due to COVID. I would like to understand whether my wife can accompain me to Canada on her TRV in current situation.

Also, can i apply spouse PR from India?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all

Hope you are doing good and safe.

I am PR staying in India and did my soft landing a year ago. I got married in March 2020 and my wife is holding TRV (Visit Visa) of Canada. I am planning to move to Canada once the travel restrcitions due to Covid 19 are relaxed in India.

CIC has relaxed guidelines for family class due to COVID. I would like to understand whether my wife can accompain me to Canada on her TRV in current situation.

Also, can i apply spouse PR from India?
I don't know what you've been reading but there have been no changes to Family Class guidelines. The requirements to sponsor a spouse remain the same.

Your wife can try but there have been issues regarding spouses travelling under the current restrictions; many have been unable to. There are several ongoing threads regarding this topic that you should join.

No, you can't apply from India. You are required to be in Canada when you submit the app and throughout the entire process.

Diegof09

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
So I'm getting married in September (if Coronavirus lets us) I'm a dual citizen Canada-Mexico. My girlfriend is mexican and lives in Tijuana, I live in Saskatoon, but I'm in Mexico at the moment, probably going back as soon as my work starts up again. We just got engaged but we don't want to wait a long to get married.

I've read some information here and on CIC website. Some of the questions I have are:

1- If we get married in September can she come with me to Canada and then apply for PR from Canada? I know that while we are waiting we can also apply for an OPW, does it take long for the OPW? I know for PR it can take up to a year.

2- If we were to get married legally and then I go back to Canada, if we start the application process, while she is in Mexico we wouldn't be able to apply for an OWP?

3- If that's the case, our financial situation isn't bad, but it would help a lot if she could work while she gets the PR, so what's the best advice? Have a long PR waiting time but being able to work? Or shorter PR process but not being able to work?

Also any help in revalidation of university degree and such? She's a physiologist! And I live in Saskatoon

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
So I'm getting married in September (if Coronavirus lets us) I'm a dual citizen Canada-Mexico. My girlfriend is mexican and lives in Tijuana, I live in Saskatoon, but I'm in Mexico at the moment, probably going back as soon as my work starts up again. We just got engaged but we don't want to wait a long to get married.

I've read some information here and on CIC website. Some of the questions I have are:

1- If we get married in September can she come with me to Canada and then apply for PR from Canada? I know that while we are waiting we can also apply for an OPW, does it take long for the OPW? I know for PR it can take up to a year.

2- If we were to get married legally and then I go back to Canada, if we start the application process, while she is in Mexico we wouldn't be able to apply for an OWP?

3- If that's the case, our financial situation isn't bad, but it would help a lot if she could work while she gets the PR, so what's the best advice? Have a long PR waiting time but being able to work? Or shorter PR process but not being able to work?

Also any help in revalidation of university degree and such? She's a physiologist! And I live in Saskatoon
Check update OPW https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/open-work-permit-pilot-extension.html
You should check this year they're going to extend OPW or not.

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
I don't know what you've been reading but there have been no changes to Family Class guidelines. The requirements to sponsor a spouse remain the same.

Your wife can try but there have been issues regarding spouses travelling under the current restrictions; many have been unable to. There are several ongoing threads regarding this topic that you should join.

No, you can't apply from India. You are required to be in Canada when you submit the app and throughout the entire process.
Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

1. Yes, she could come to Canada as a visitor and apply for PR. OWP takes around 4-5 months right now.

2. No OWP with an outland app.

3. Entirely your personal decision. Mexico is a slow VO normally and it can be expected that there will still be delays due to the pandemic, so don't expect an outland app to actually be faster.

She's going to need to do the research on her education/training validation for Sask.