+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ras752

Apr 25, 2020
I had a doubt in question 6 of IMM1344 form. My wife ( citizen of india) is currently lawfully living with me in canada so should my answer be " spouse living in canada" or "spouse living outside canada" ?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I had a doubt in question 6 of IMM1344 form. My wife ( citizen of india) is currently lawfully living with me in canada so should my answer be " spouse living in canada" or "spouse living outside canada" ?
You have said she lives in Canada with you. Not India

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
but she is currently on tourist visa.
Does she intend to leave anytime soon? OR does she intend to remain with you while the application is being processed? Does not matter if she has a tourist visa. If she lives with you and you are applying in Canada class or Family Class (Outland while living in Canada), then that's what it is...she is living with you in Canada

fluerpower

Mar 15, 2020
On the Generic Application Form (section 'Personal Details' row 10), it asks for her 'From' and 'To' dates for her visitor status. She's currently here on implied status for visitor record extension + will be here indefinitely under the inland PR application. What's the 'To' date that I should put there? Thanks!

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
On the Generic Application Form (section 'Personal Details' row 10), it asks for her 'From' and 'To' dates for her visitor status. She's currently here on implied status for visitor record extension + will be here indefinitely under the inland PR application. What's the 'To' date that I should put there? Thanks!
Visitor status would be dates printed on her visitor record if she has one, or stamp (entry to date she is supposed to leave) if her passport was stamped, or from when she entered Canada to 6 months if her passport was not stamped

Fdroid

May 29, 2019
I’ve already sent my outland spousal sponsorship application last week.

1. Wondering if it would create any issues in regards to the application if I(the sponsor) would move to a different province (not Quebec).

2. Do I need to inform IRCC if I end up moving eventually if there are no consequences to it?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

1. Wondering if it would create any issues in regards to the application if I(the sponsor) would move to a different province (not Quebec).

2. Do I need to inform IRCC if I end up moving eventually if there are no consequences to it?

Thanks
1. No.

2. Yes.

Reactions: Fdroid

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020

Thanks
1- Possible (in Quebec, you need to have CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec), but it is no financial requirement). Other province than Quebec, it is financial requirement. If you are ok with financial requirement, you will have no problem.
2- YES !(see 1-)

Fdroid

May 29, 2019
1- Possible (in Quebec, you need to have CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec), but it is no financial requirement). Other province than Quebec, it is financial requirement. If you are ok with financial requirement, you will have no problem.
2- YES !(see 1-)
What do you mean by financial requirement?

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
It is 2 different "paths" sponsorship for wife (or husband)
1- In Quebec, you did not need to show you can "support" (financially) your wife.
2- In all other Canadian provinces you must prove you can support (have a minimum income/revenue or have a good financial situation).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It is 2 different "paths" sponsorship for wife (or husband)
1- In Quebec, you did not need to show you can "support" (financially) your wife.
2- In all other Canadian provinces you must prove you can support (have a minimum income/revenue or have a good financial situation).
This isn't true. There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor a spouse regardless of province.

Harrib

Jun 6, 2019
Hey,I am permanent resident of Canada. I got married on November 2019 in india.I came back to canada on February 2020 .I have applied for spousal sponsorship for my husband on 15 march 2020 and it got received on 19 march 2020..But as on april 30 I haven't received my AOR yet.