Spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am applying to sponsor my spouse under family class, we got married in January 2020 and we’ve been engaged since March 2019.

I applied for my own PR in July 2019 but didn’t mention anything about my then fiancée in the application, would it be considered misrepresentation? Are fiancée considered dependents as per IRCC?

I landed in November 2019 and went back home in January 2020 to get married.

Just FYI, I applied under CEC and have been living in Canada since 2016.

P.S - We didn’t live together during the engagement period, I live in Canada, she lives back home.
Already answered in my first response.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You asked for my landing information which I provided but you didn’t respond after that. Was wondering what does my landing has to with the sponsorship?
If you had married before landing, your spouse would be excluded.

Fdroid

May 29, 2019
If you had married before landing, your spouse would be excluded.
We got married 2 months after my landing, just to confirm your answer I should be able to sponsor her without any problems even though I didn’t declare her as my fiancée on my own PR application?

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
There is one form that requires the principal applicant to actually put the date and write the name before validation. The. Once printed, the applicant must sign ! Should that date match the other dates of the application since I need to send this to my wife vis dhl to sign it !

Jiniya

Apr 14, 2020
Yeah, that's something you should have mentioned. The child can't be added to the app. Did you provide IRCC with proof of Canadian citizenship?
Sorry about the incomplete info. The child isn't needed in the application (at least I don't think the baby has any bearing on it), I just want to make sure all our info is accurate and up to date.

I guess I should do another web form with the little one's passport and birth certificate just in case.

Thanks so much for taking the time!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There is one form that requires the principal applicant to actually put the date and write the name before validation. The. Once printed, the applicant must sign ! Should that date match the other dates of the application since I need to send this to my wife vis dhl to sign it !
Dates don't have to match. They should be the actual dates that the forms are signed.

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
You can complete your files, and send by email, she print it out and sign, then mail them to you via DHL. You only need her signed pages. Only once pay.

Reactions: fazlook

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
You can complete your files, and send by email, she print it out and sign, then mail them to you via DHL. You only need her signed pages. Only once pay.
Yes but this specific form prints an actual date ! So her signed date is going to be different I guess ?

Mice

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
Yes but this specific form prints an actual date ! So her signed date is going to be different I guess ?
It's not a big deal. date is your choice. Don't put it a year ago or in future (the date after CPC receive/process your case). CPC just need to know you both signed before send to them.

alienstorm

Apr 19, 2020
Hi. Please tell me, how long did it take for you to change the status after "Medical results have been received"? Thx

1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 10, 2020.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on March 12, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.

educanvietnam

Apr 9, 2020
When I took my wife to do it, it took about 2 - 3 days for them to update my GC KEY that they have received the results. Since then, no further updates.

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Hi. Please tell me, how long did it take for you to change the status after "Medical results have been received"? Thx

2. We sent you medical instructions on March 12, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
I have the same status from.past 2 months

Reactions: alienstorm

OverIt

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020

Hey there, on Gckey or partner sign in, it might take from a few days to a couple of weeks. I’m just wondering - did you apply inland or Outland? Did you also receive an acknowledgement of receipt before the medical request?