+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sama ame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I am applying for spousal visa. I am trying to find a certified translator but unable to do so. Is it ok to not include personal chat if I can't find a translator? Our chat is very personal and I feel uncomfortable someone else reading it. I have included screenshots of our daily video & voice calls.
I think whatever chat you have in English, just add screenshot if you want to avoid translation

Sama ame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
@canuck_in_uk
I need advice please.....I sponsored my spouse who has landed 1 year ago, my spouse worked but has stopped working and wants to apply for employment insurance (EI).....I remember as the sponsor I signed IRCC sponsor agreement to support my spouse after landing will not get or ask for government financial assistance or social assistance during the 3 years after landing as PR....and I don't want my spouse to apply for EI as this will breach my sponsor agreement and don't want any IRCC problems as the sponsor.....but my spouse disagrees and wants to apply for EI......please advice will IRCC consider EI as government financial or social assistance as my spouse just landed and the 3 years has not elapsed......and will spouse receiving EI create any problems
I dont think that EI is an issue.
From every pay cheques your husband is contributing for it.its totally different than social assistance.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
@Farahnaz11 How many days does it take for dhl to deliver the photos from Egypt to canada ?
From Afghanistan to Canada it was around 1 week that time but now due to covid it could take longer I believe

olkovko

Mar 29, 2020
I hope someone can help me with my question. I, Canadian, was returned to my parents country at the age of 12 and lived there ever since. Grew up, attended school and got married. Now I want to return to Canada, my home, with my husband. The problem is I can’t sponsor him. I make $1000 USD A YEAR in this country and I don’t want to move to Canada ahead of him. My plan was to come and get any job for the both of us and then start the process of getting our diplomas recognized and etc. Could I still be considered a sponsor? If not, how do I bring him with me?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I hope someone can help me with my question. I, Canadian, was returned to my parents country at the age of 12 and lived there ever since. Grew up, attended school and got married. Now I want to return to Canada, my home, with my husband. The problem is I can’t sponsor him. I make $1000 USD A YEAR in this country and I don’t want to move to Canada ahead of him. My plan was to come and get any job for the both of us and then start the process of getting our diplomas recognized and etc. Could I still be considered a sponsor? If not, how do I bring him with me?
Editing post, as I originally thought you were a PR. You can sponsor your spouse from outside of Canada. However, you will have to show strong proof of intent to return to Canada, particularly given your long absence.

If he can come to Canada as a visitor, you can sponsor him inland. He can apply for an open work permit along with the inland app; the permit takes about 4 months to get.

Outside of applying inland with an OWP, you can't just get him a job in Canada. He needs a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA to apply for a work permit. The LMIA process is long, expensive and has strict requirements, so the vast majority of employers aren't even willing to try.

Last edited:

shaik4783

Dec 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

I got my PR in November 2019, i got my PR card and went back to my home country to get married. I came back to Canada in February and i am planning to apply for the spousal sponsorship. Can anyone guide me through the process of spousal sponsorship. I looked for the information online but i have a few questions that i need some clarification.

1. Can i apply for the spousal sponsorship even if i have don't have a job..?
2. I heard that i can apply for the sponsorship even if i don't have a job but have sufficient amount of money in the account as a proof of financial stability to show that i will not take the social assistance..if anyone has gone through the process please explain..

Thank you for reading.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Your plan is not going to work. You don't meet the Residency Obligation and unless you are close to 18 years old, chances of being able to retain your PR stats based on H&C grounds are quite low. If you are able to enter Canada from the US without being reported, you can't sponsor him until you once again meet the RO in 2 years. There is no guarantee that he will be able to come to Canada in that time.

You can't just get him a job in Canada. He needs a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA to apply for a work permit. The LMIA process is long, expensive and has strict requirements, so the vast majority of employers aren't even willing to try.
She mentioned she is Canadian. Does meeting RO apply to a Canadian citizen as well?

Siddiqua

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hi there! I need help! My spousal application status shows that they send me medical request on 12 of March but still I haven’t got any kind of email or mail or post to my address or email inbox. What should i do now? By which i can get my medical instructions? Please need help!!