File Transfer...
23-10-2019
Med's Request
11-10-2019
Med's Done....
15-10-2019
Interview........
No interview
Has anyone asked IRCC about arrival and coronavirus/lockdowns/flight cancelations?
I assume they will not punish us if we delay our arrival due to flights/bans which is out of our control. But has anyone got any news?
Take note of the cancellation of in-person appointments in Canada as a precautionary measure to stem the spread of #COVID19:

We’re cancelling all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until April 13, 2020. If you had a landing appointment already booked, it will be held by telephone at a new date.

We’re cancelling all refugee claimant appointments until April 13, 2020. If you had an appointment, we’ll contact you to let you know when your new appointment will be.

As previously mentioned, we are also cancelling all citizenship ceremonies and citizenship tests as of March 14 until further notice.

Keep checking this page for up-to-date information on special measures put in place by IRCC to help temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by #COVID19:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Take note of the cancellation of in-person appointments in Canada as a precautionary measure to stem the spread of #COVID19:

We’re cancelling all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until April 13, 2020. If you had a landing appointment already booked, it will be held by telephone at a new date.

We’re cancelling all refugee claimant appointments until April 13, 2020. If you had an appointment, we’ll contact you to let you know when your new appointment will be.

As previously mentioned, we are also cancelling all citizenship ceremonies and citizenship tests as of March 14 until further notice.

Keep checking this page for up-to-date information on special measures put in place by IRCC to help temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by #COVID19:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Do you know if they continue to process pending PR requests?

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Friends,
Read this today on IRCC site "We’re cancelling all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until April 13, 2020. If you had a landing appointment already booked, it will be held by telephone at a new date." but I do not understand what is the meaning of "in-person PR landing appointments". Can anyone please explain?

And, does this have any impact of new immigrants landing in Canada this week or next? My spouse has a flight to land in YYZ from India next Tuesday so little worried.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Friends,
Read this today on IRCC site "We’re cancelling all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until April 13, 2020. If you had a landing appointment already booked, it will be held by telephone at a new date." but I do not understand what is the meaning of "in-person PR landing appointments". Can anyone please explain?

And, does this have any impact of new immigrants landing in Canada this week or next? My spouse has a flight to land in YYZ from India next Tuesday so little worried.
People in Canada can make appointments to land at IRCC offices.

Right now, the information states that immediate family members of Canadian citizens are exempt from the travel restriction. It does not specify Canadian PRs, so it's possible your spouse may not be able to travel

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
People in Canada can make appointments to land at IRCC offices.

Right now, the information states that immediate family members of Canadian citizens are exempt from the travel restriction. It does not specify Canadian PRs, so it's possible your spouse may not be able to travel
This is a tweet from Trudeau’s official twitter handle

Foreign nationals from all countries - except the United States – will no longer be allowed to enter Canada. This does not include air crews, travellers heading to a third country, diplomats, immediate family members of Canadian citizens, or permanent residents.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This is a tweet from Trudeau’s official twitter handle

Foreign nationals from all countries - except the United States – will no longer be allowed to enter Canada. This does not include air crews, travellers heading to a third country, diplomats, immediate family members of Canadian citizens, or permanent residents.
And?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It states immediate family members of Canadian Pr can still fly into the country not just immediate family Members of a citizen like u stated.
No, it doesn't. Read again. There is a comma after "immediate family members of Canadian citizens", which separate the statement from "permanent residents". Until it is clarified to definitively include family members of PRs, nothing can be assumed.

See here for the actual official information: https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/new-measures-for-covid-19-response.html

The measure will come into force on Wednesday, March 18, at 12:00 p.m. (noon) EDT. It would not apply to air crews, travelers arriving in Canada in transit to a third country, Canadian Permanent Residents, diplomats, or immediate family members of Canadian citizens.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
No, it doesn't. Read again. There is a comma after "immediate family members of Canadian citizens", which separate the statement from "permanent residents". Until it is clarified to definitively include family members of PRs, nothing can be assumed.

See here for the actual official information: https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/new-measures-for-covid-19-response.html

The measure will come into force on Wednesday, March 18, at 12:00 p.m. (noon) EDT. It would not apply to air crews, travelers arriving in Canada in transit to a third country, Canadian Permanent Residents, diplomats, or immediate family members of Canadian citizens.
Okay my fault makes sense now

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Just sharing the information I have collected so far because my anxiety levels are at a PEAK with my spouse scheduled to land early next week.

1) A friend could get through to IRCC Contact person this morning (I could not) said: For now only citizens and people who are already permanent residents will be allowed. They will be updating their site with further instructions for CoPR holders sometime today. Seems this query has come a lot their way in the last 2 days and they are working on a approach.

2) I called the member of parliament office and the representative told me that since my spouse has COPR there is no issue with landing and entering Canada. The restriction is for non-Canadians i.e. visitors, work permit, student visa. COPR is a PR.

Quiet contrary answers, so keeping a close tab on what IRCC puts up or PM makes new statement making this more clear.

If anyone finds any AUTHENTIC information, please do share here.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Just sharing the information I have collected so far because my anxiety levels are at a PEAK with my spouse scheduled to land early next week.

1) A friend could get through to IRCC Contact person this morning (I could not) said: For now only citizens and people who are already permanent residents will be allowed. They will be updating their site with further instructions for CoPR holders sometime today. Seems this query has come a lot their way in the last 2 days and they are working on a approach.

2) I called the member of parliament office and the representative told me that since my spouse has COPR there is no issue with landing and entering Canada. The restriction is for non-Canadians i.e. visitors, work permit, student visa. COPR is a PR.

Quiet contrary answers, so keeping a close tab on what IRCC puts up or PM makes new statement making this more clear.

If anyone finds any AUTHENTIC information, please do share here.
MP office staff are NOT immigration staff. They give wrong information. Case in point, COPR holders who have not landed are foreign nationals, not PRs.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
MP office staff are NOT immigration staff. They give wrong information. Case in point, COPR holders who have not landed are foreign nationals, not PRs.
And is there a confirmed IRCC message stating that COPR holders are not considered as PR?