+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Tkkfamily

Jan 3, 2020
Category........
FAM
If the father has a visa or is visa-exempt, he can try. If an interview is required, he would be required to leave Canada to do the interview.

If he needs a visa and does not have one, he will most likely not get one.

He could still be denied entry at the border if he has a visa or is visa exempt, but that is not the most likely scenario.
Thank you! But does he need to fly back to HK then re-enter (land) to Canada?

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
Has anyone asked IRCC about arrival and coronavirus/lockdowns/flight cancelations?
I assume they will not punish us if we delay our arrival due to flights/bans which is out of our control. But has anyone got any news?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/canada-expands-special-measures-to-include-visa-applicants-affected-by-coronavirus-outbreak-in-iran-and-south-korea-0313828.html#gs.zlgzkk
Has anyone asked IRCC about arrival and coronavirus/lockdowns/flight cancelations?
I assume they will not punish us if we delay our arrival due to flights/bans which is out of our control. But has anyone got any news?
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/canada-expands-special-measures-to-include-visa-applicants-affected-by-coronavirus-outbreak-in-iran-and-south-korea-0313828.html#gs.zlgzkk old news but i sure that IRCC all understand!

k.sha.

Feb 20, 2019
Hi Guys,

Thank you for this forum! It helps a lot. I am a first timer, will be sponsoring PR for my wife by end of the month, and have a few questions I am hoping you all will help me out with.

A little bit about us;
I am the sponsor who is a PR, working and living in Canada. My wife is an Indian citizen currently residing in the US on work visa. We had a small civil marriage Nov '19 with her and my family members present in the US. But, we did not have our "big Indian fat" wedding yet, as we plan to have that later this year when we travel to India.

Now, I am planning on getting her PR process done, in the meantime so post-Dec, she would have her PR done by then and can move here with me.

Questions about the process;

- It is my understanding that after I send her paper application to NS, there are a few stages that the entire process goes through (i.e. AOR, SA, etc.) and the entire process takes anywhere between 6-12 months. Once I send the application, will they let us know when to get her medical and biometrics done?

- Obviously, I cannot link the application with my GC KEY a/c right away after sending it. How will I know AOR1 is complete? Will they email?

- Also, after SA is complete, will they send her application to the US for further processing or will it be sent to Mississauga office?

Questions about documents;

- Since she doesn't live with me in Canada, and she's never been to Canada on visitor visa either, I can not add her name in my bank accounts to show proof of joint bank accounts. I do, however, occasionally visit her in the US and the last time I went there, we added my name on her bank account. Can I show her bank account statement documents to show proof that me and her are both named in the same bank account?

- We can gather 20+pictures, social media relationship declaration, our whatsapp call logs and chats, congratulatory messages, flight tickets to show my travelling etc What else would you recommend I add to strengthen this proof of genuine relationship criteria?

- She earns well in the States so we never really exchanged/transferred money to each other. What can I do here as I see in the checklist this being one of the proof that our relationship is genuine.

- I am also thinking of writing a word document explaining the fact why we have not had our big fat indian wedding yet and that we will have the wedding later this year. Do you think this is a good idea or should I just not bother with it?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me out with this.

Thanks in advance!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys,

Thank you for this forum! It helps a lot. I am a first timer, will be sponsoring PR for my wife by end of the month, and have a few questions I am hoping you all will help me out with.

A little bit about us;
I am the sponsor who is a PR, working and living in Canada. My wife is an Indian citizen currently residing in the US on work visa. We had a small civil marriage Nov '19 with her and my family members present in the US. But, we did not have our "big Indian fat" wedding yet, as we plan to have that later this year when we travel to India.

Now, I am planning on getting her PR process done, in the meantime so post-Dec, she would have her PR done by then and can move here with me.

- It is my understanding that after I send her paper application to NS, there are a few stages that the entire process goes through (i.e. AOR, SA, etc.) and the entire process takes anywhere between 6-12 months. Once I send the application, will they let us know when to get her medical and biometrics done?

- Obviously, I cannot link the application with my GC KEY a/c right away after sending it. How will I know AOR1 is complete? Will they email?

- Also, after SA is complete, will they send her application to the US for further processing or will it be sent to Mississauga office?

- Since she doesn't live with me in Canada, and she's never been to Canada on visitor visa either, I can not add her name in my bank accounts to show proof of joint bank accounts. I do, however, occasionally visit her in the US and the last time I went there, we added my name on her bank account. Can I show her bank account statement documents to show proof that me and her are both named in the same bank account?

- We can gather 20+pictures, social media relationship declaration, our whatsapp call logs and chats, congratulatory messages, flight tickets to show my travelling etc What else would you recommend I add to strengthen this proof of genuine relationship criteria?

- She earns well in the States so we never really exchanged/transferred money to each other. What can I do here as I see in the checklist this being one of the proof that our relationship is genuine.

- I am also thinking of writing a word document explaining the fact why we have not had our big fat indian wedding yet and that we will have the wedding later this year. Do you think this is a good idea or should I just not bother with it?

Thanks in advance!!
Note that a civil marriage for Indians is a big red flag. What is the relationship history?

Medical and biometrics will be requested later on.

AOR is generally sent by email.

The app will most likely be sent to New Delhi.

Yes, you can send the US account.

Follow. The. Checklist.

Financial proofs are just one option, not required.

As I said, it's a red flag, so yes, you should certainly explain. Or wait until after you have the proper wedding.

Prabhjotmona

Mar 26, 2018
Note that a civil marriage for Indians is a big red flag. What is the relationship history?

Medical and biometrics will be requested later on.

AOR is generally sent by email.

The app will most likely be sent to New Delhi.

Yes, you can send the US account.

Follow. The. Checklist.

Financial proofs are just one option, not required.

As I said, it's a red flag, so yes, you should certainly explain. Or wait until after you have the proper wedding.

as long as you have strong pro
Hi Guys,

A little bit about us;

Thanks in advance!!

have a marriage first in India make sure ur fam( mom dad and siblings) her fam ( mom dad and siblings) attend the marriage.. have lots of pics with people around you.. they dont like pics with just couples looking at each other. you both are Indian citizens get a marriage certificate for the first marriage fist and also register your marriage in India also, its not a big deal if you give her money, make sure dont send during the process, its a big no no.

fluerpower

Mar 15, 2020
Hi, guys. I've got a question in regards to my American wife staying in Canada. Late January, she crossed with me and was granted a Visitor's Record until mid-April. We're submitting our application for sponsorship (inland) along with an OWP this week or early next week. I'm a little confused because everywhere online is saying that she does NOT need to extend her Visitor's Record nor return to the US. Also, we have confirmed this info with the immigration officer when we crossed in Jan. However, when I spoke to an immigration call center rep, he told me that I'd need to extend her stay as well? Just a tad confused.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, guys. I've got a question in regards to my American wife staying in Canada. Late January, she crossed with me and was granted a Visitor's Record until mid-April. We're submitting our application for sponsorship (inland) along with an OWP this week or early next week. I'm a little confused because everywhere online is saying that she does NOT need to extend her Visitor's Record nor return to the US. Also, we have confirmed this info with the immigration officer when we crossed in Jan. However, when I spoke to an immigration call center rep, he told me that I'd need to extend her stay as well? Just a tad confused.
She doesn't have to apply for a visitor extension. However, it is generally advised to do so because if the PR and/or OWP app is returned after her current status expires, she would be out of status. If she also applies for a visitor extension just before her current status expires and the PW/OWP is returned, she would still have valid status.

fluerpower

Mar 15, 2020
She doesn't have to apply for a visitor extension. However, it is generally advised to do so because if the PR and/or OWP app is returned after her current status expires, she would be out of status. If she also applies for a visitor extension just before her current status expires and the PW/OWP is returned, she would still have valid status.

That makes a lot of sense. Glad I asked. Thanks so much.

To follow-up on this question, would she need to apply for a visitor visa extension or a temporary residency? In the online options:

What would you like to do in Canada? Would we pick 'Visit' or 'Move There'

How long are you planning to stay in Canada? 'More than 6 months' or 'Permanently'?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions. So much information overload.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
That makes a lot of sense. Glad I asked. Thanks so much.

To follow-up on this question, would she need to apply for a visitor visa extension or a temporary residency? In the online options:

What would you like to do in Canada? Would we pick 'Visit' or 'Move There'

How long are you planning to stay in Canada? 'More than 6 months' or 'Permanently'?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions. So much information overload.
Visitor status extension. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html

Visit.

More than 6 months. This is just for the visitor app, so do not select Permanently.