+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canada<3India

Dec 22, 2019
You really need to take a breath and do some research.

Work permits and spousal PR sponsorships are separate (unless she's already in Canada). Unless she has a visitor's visa, she can't come to Canada. She doesn't qualify for a dependent visa.

IELTS is only needed if she's applying for a student visa or express entry.

Decide what you want to do and then research that. Be aware that spousal PR typically takes a year.
*inhale* *exhale* thank you.

Probably not going to be able to travel together.

She can apply for a TRV but with a Canadian spouse, chances of approval are very low.

She doesn't qualify for a work permit or any sort of "dependent" permit from outside of Canada.

Outland apps don't qualify for OWPs.

She won't be able to work in April.

IELTS aren't needed.
This wisdom is just what I need right now, thank you.

I found this information from 'scylla' a VIP member on this website. On the forum: My understanding of INLAND vs OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship. She said:

" An inland application can be denied if she's outside of Canada for too long (the premise of an inland application is that she's physically living in Canada together with you). There is also always some risk (although extremely extremely small for her) that she could run into issues re-entering Canada which would result in the inland application being abandoned. Again, unlikely this will happen.
No open work permit is available with outland. She will be authorized to work only once PR has been approved and she has come to Canada and officially become a PR."

What would you recommend so that she can visit Canada and simultaneously have the outland PR application being processed?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

I found this information from 'scylla' a VIP member on this website. On the forum: My understanding of INLAND vs OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship. She said:

" An inland application can be denied if she's outside of Canada for too long (the premise of an inland application is that she's physically living in Canada together with you). There is also always some risk (although extremely extremely small for her) that she could run into issues re-entering Canada which would result in the inland application being abandoned. Again, unlikely this will happen.
No open work permit is available with outland. She will be authorized to work only once PR has been approved and she has come to Canada and officially become a PR."

What would you recommend so that she can visit Canada and simultaneously have the outland PR application being processed?
She needs a tourist visa for that to work. Which is likely to be denied as you are married to her.

Reactions: Canada<3India

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi

Does any one know how long it will take now to get first AOR for inland application ? is there any tracking spreadsheet for inland spousal sponsorship?

Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi

Does any one know how long it will take now to get first AOR for inland application ? is there any tracking spreadsheet for inland spousal sponsorship?

Thanks
Seems like two to three months is the AOR for inland. Links for tracking sheets are in the threads for each month's submissions generally.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I have replied to the comment that if some one can use just a NIKAH certificate. As per Canadian immigration law it should be recognised by govt in that country where the NIKAH was done.
And yet, many are still refused. Without the rest of the ceremonies, i.e. Rukhsati, it is not viewed as a genuine marriage.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Honestly, there is little chance of that happening. The majority of TRVs are refused when the applicant is married to a Canadian citizen or PR. She can certianly apply, making sure she is submitting super strong home country ties.

Reactions: Canada<3India

Canada<3India

Dec 22, 2019
Honestly, there is little chance of that happening. The majority of TRVs are refused when the applicant is married to a Canadian citizen or PR. She can certianly apply, making sure she is submitting super strong home country ties.
She needs a tourist visa for that to work. Which is likely to be denied as you are married to her.
Again this insight you are providing is so valuable.
Yes, even this summer she applied for tourist visa twice and she was denied each time on the grounds of them not sure if she would return to India.

Is it better that I wait to apply until I return in April or should I get started with the process while I am in India?

Ok, so it sounds like we should expect for her to remain outside of Canada until the outland PR application is complete, correct?
As it seems she will not be able to enter Canada until that is complete.

And it also sounds like she won't be able to enter into Canada to apply for the inland PR application.

Unless there is another option that you have seen in your experience?

Canada<3India

Dec 22, 2019
Yes, even this summer she applied for tourist visa twice and she was denied each time on the grounds of them not sure if she would return to India.

Is it better that I wait to apply until I return in April or should I get started with the process while I am in India?

Ok, so it sounds like we should expect for her to remain outside of Canada until the outland PR application is complete, correct?

And it also sounds like she won't be able to enter into Canada to apply for the inland PR application.

Also for PART B SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS Question 5:
YES or NO to 'working in Canada'
I would say YES as I am self-empoyed but currently on vacation/leave due to the offseason of my work. Spring-Fall in the health and tourism industry.
i have documents to show my supporting financial documents.

Please advise.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

With 2 refused TRVs on top of being married to you, pretty much no chance of TRV approval.

Apply now. Waiting won't get you anything except a delay.

Reactions: Belarusian

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Hi everyone, just want to ask about your opinion and advices on these. I’m a Canadian citizen who recently got married in the philippines. It was a secret marriage, both of our parents didn’t know about it. What are the important id’s I will have to update? Is there any chance that I could keep my last name as our parent’s doesn’t have any idea that we had our civil wedding.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone, just want to ask about your opinion and advices on these. I’m a Canadian citizen who recently got married in the philippines. It was a secret marriage, both of our parents didn’t know about it. What are the important id’s I will have to update? Is there any chance that I could keep my last name as our parent’s doesn’t have any idea that we had our civil wedding.
There is no requirement in Canada that you change your name upon marrying.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
That’s a relief! So the only thing I have to do is when I file my taxes to let them know my marital status?
You didn't note your residency status and where your spouse is living.

I think most other things are basically things like private health insurance benefits or if you have anything at work or similar, banking stuff if needed, obviously may be best to have a will. If there's anything provincially I also wouldn't know.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
GOOD NEWS FRIENDS!

My spouse application got approved today :). Took total 106 days from start to finish! Timeline in signature below.

Goodluck to all those waiting in process.

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
You didn't note your residency status and where your spouse is living.

I think most other things are basically things like private health insurance benefits or if you have anything at work or similar, banking stuff if needed, obviously may be best to have a will. If there's anything provincially I also wouldn't know.
Ooops forgot to mention that. I lived in Alberta and he’s from the Philippines. So basically I could just leave everything as it is for now? Except for my tax.