+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kimodz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Hi all,
I'm preparing an application for an inland sponsorship and i have some questions:
- I'm on a post graduation open work permit until august 2020 my wife is sponsoring me in Canada should I apply for extension of wok permit or it's not worth it? if yes which method is the best online or mail? and how can link both application?
- Can I have an idea about the process in general?
Thanks fellas

uno111

Nov 13, 2019
You can do that.

The work permit takes 3-4 months after applying. Honestly, for a genuine couple, it would generally be far more preferable to wait together than to be apart for up to a year.
Thank you for such swift reply and your willingness to help. I feel really grateful that there are answers.

Just to explain. Many people from my country do try to scam the system, this explains my paranoia. If it will be seen that our relationship is not “genuine” then we will do the inland route; however, I will very much wish for my partner to be able to work and surrounded by family while waiting and preparing to uproot their life with me. I have been through the waiting for my own PR, and I know having a job still was the major reason I could stay calm (not really, at various points I was asking if it had been rejected for the most stupid reasons, and my wait was only 8 months). A lifetime together will negate 2 years of secrecy and a year being part, but that’s us, not like IRCC can know any of that.

Our scenario is probably common: we come to Canada to get married, I have PR (very recent, not even resident for a month yet), while after marrying my partner return to the home country to apply for outland PR spousal sponsorship. Funding, eligibility, all satisfied. I just want to be sure that IRCC won’t reject PR on the ground of “not a genuine relationship” when we have Canadian marriage certificate.

Anyone who has been in the same spot, I hope to know your experiences. Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for such swift reply and your willingness to help. I feel really grateful that there are answers.

Just to explain. Many people from my country do try to scam the system, this explains my paranoia. If it will be seen that our relationship is not “genuine” then we will do the inland route; however, I will very much wish for my partner to be able to work and surrounded by family while waiting and preparing to uproot their life with me. I have been through the waiting for my own PR, and I know having a job still was the major reason I could stay calm (not really, at various points I was asking if it had been rejected for the most stupid reasons, and my wait was only 8 months). A lifetime together will negate 2 years of secrecy and a year being part, but that’s us, not like IRCC can know any of that.

Our scenario is probably common: we come to Canada to get married, I have PR (very recent, not even resident for a month yet), while after marrying my partner return to the home country to apply for outland PR spousal sponsorship. Funding, eligibility, all satisfied. I just want to be sure that IRCC won’t reject PR on the ground of “not a genuine relationship” when we have Canadian marriage certificate.

Anyone who has been in the same spot, I hope to know your experiences. Thank you.
Whether IRCC determines it to be a genuine relationship or not depends on the proofs that you have.

In my opinion, leaving after marrying looks more like a Marriage of Convenience than staying. As I said, a genuine couple wants to be together, so voluntarily separating for up to a year, particularly while you have already been long distance for quite some time, is strange.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys, if the sponsor status changes from pr to citizen, does it affect an ongoing spousal sponsorship application ( considering the fact that the sponsor status was stated as pr In the beginning of the application) ?
Please does Anyone have an idea on this ?

veilaaa

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
I am a PA from the Philippines, my birth was registered late. In our case we need to submit some proof of identities such as Birth medical record, old passport, permanent elementary/ secondary records and baptismal. But I have a problem, the hospital where I was born said that they are not issuing medical records mote than 15 years and I am 22 years old now. To make it short I have nothing to get such as birth medical record. What will I do?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
I am a PA from the Philippines, my birth was registered late. In our case we need to submit some proof of identities such as Birth medical record, old passport, permanent elementary/ secondary records and baptismal. But I have a problem, the hospital where I was born said that they are not issuing medical records mote than 15 years and I am 22 years old now. To make it short I have nothing to get such as birth medical record. What will I do?
it may make sense to write a detailed letter with an explanation. also ask for an official letter from the hospital refusing to issue a card with an official stamp.

mayuri25

Sep 4, 2018
Hi All,

I am going to get married in the month of January.Can you give me idea weather I should go for Inland or Out land sponsorship.
I prefer Inland Sponsorship but not sure of the risk in that as my spouse in not currently residing in Canada and is staying in India. Will it be ok if I raise his temporary/Visitor visa before marriage ?, so that after marriage he can visit me and I can raise his Inland sponsorship along with work permit. To make the visitor visa approval chances more I am planning not to put my name in that rather portraying it as a tourist application. Again I am worried will this cause any issue afterwards with my inland spouse sponsorship visa. I am worried as hell and do not want to be separated

AKS@1987

Star Member
Nov 4, 2016
HI ALL,
just got email from IRCC with application number stating they have received application.for spousal sponsor.

What is the next step...

Reactions: JBucky

Kamalpreet123

Oct 12, 2019
i got this refusal letter below, is there anyone got this reason ??? What should i do ??
Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

JBucky

Star Member
Jan 27, 2018
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 29,2018
Doc's Request.
July 3,2018
AOR Received.
October 18,2018
File Transfer...
18-10-2018
Med's Request
October 25,2018
Med's Done....
October 26,2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 27,2019
VISA ISSUED...
December 3,2019
LANDED..........
December 15,2019
HI ALL,
just got email from IRCC with application number stating they have received application.for spousal sponsor.

What is the next step...
Waiting waiting and more waiting

twll

May 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
File Transfer...
25-04-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
19-04-2019
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
03-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Hi friends,
We are January applicants just checked status through online tool. A message added on the 2rd line “we started to process XXX’s application on Nov 27.” Medical and bio done on April. Anyone have same situation and how long it’s take to DM when we see this msg?

best regards