Spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Even if we are just waiting for ppr he can't stay long outside Canada?
As I already said, must live in Canada throughout the ENTIRE sponsorship process. The process doesn't finish until the applicant lands as a PR.

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hello Seniors,

Please provide your assistance for the following 2 issues/concerns.

1. Use of Representative Form (IMM 5476 ) and Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (IMM 5475)
This may be a stupid question but i just want to confirm. We are not appointing a representative and the sponsor and the PA have given their respective individual emails and mailing addresses to receive notices from CIC.

Do we still need to fill the above mentioned forms?

2. Update forms after the PA has already signed them
We have already typed all the forms and my wife (PA) has already couriered the singed forms to me. However, we just noticed that there are certain minor amendments which have to be made in the forms. The changes that need to be made are on the pages where the signatures are not required.
Can I still make the changes only on the specific pages and print them again or do I need to ask my wife to re-print the updated forms, sign them again and courier them to me?

Your assistance is highly appreciated!!

Gallagher

Nov 24, 2018
Hello Seniors,

Please provide your assistance for the following 2 issues/concerns.

1. Use of Representative Form (IMM 5476 ) and Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (IMM 5475)
This may be a stupid question but i just want to confirm. We are not appointing a representative and the sponsor and the PA have given their respective individual emails and mailing addresses to receive notices from CIC.

Do we still need to fill the above mentioned forms?

2. Update forms after the PA has already signed them
We have already typed all the forms and my wife (PA) has already couriered the singed forms to me. However, we just noticed that there are certain minor amendments which have to be made in the forms. The changes that need to be made are on the pages where the signatures are not required.
Can I still make the changes only on the specific pages and print them again or do I need to ask my wife to re-print the updated forms, sign them again and courier them to me?

Your assistance is highly appreciated!!

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
UPDATE FOR QUEBEC APPLICANTS!

The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

- July 10, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- August 16, 2019 for other family members.
This thing is a joke between Quebec and IRCC. The Quebec website state that they will communicate with IRCC about the status of applications but only to see IRCC sent correspondent requesting CSQ that i dont even receive yet.

johntparty

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
May 21 - Application received
July 10 - AOR
July 18 - Linked application
July 23 - Biometric Requested
July 24 - SA
July 24 - Medical Requested
July 25 - Biometric and Medical Given
July 28 - Medical Passed
July 29 - File transfered to Ankara Office
August 06 - AOR2 ('started your process' on ECAS)

No update since then. Any similar timeline?

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

Gallagher

Nov 24, 2018
This thing is a joke between Quebec and IRCC. The Quebec website state that they will communicate with IRCC about the status of applications but only to see IRCC sent correspondent requesting CSQ that i dont even receive yet.
Just wondering if sIRCC sent by an attachment when you log on.

Gallagher

Nov 24, 2018
May 21 - Application received
July 10 - AOR
July 18 - Linked application
July 23 - Biometric Requested
July 24 - SA
July 24 - Medical Requested
July 25 - Biometric and Medical Given
July 28 - Medical Passed
July 29 - File transfered to Ankara Office
August 06 - AOR2 ('started your process' on ECAS)

No update since then. Any similar timeline?
Challenge is our rep has changed our password and even tho we have requested we have not received so cannot recall details as we looked at update about 3 months ago. I do recall it taking about 9 months before any updates were recorded and before password was changed. I keep checking with rep and they assure me they keep checking. Has anyone on this website if there has been a slowdown on processing?

moneeca

Nov 5, 2019
Hi guys :)

We submitted the documents (inland) on Aug 20 and my boyfriend (the sponsor) got his AOR at the beginning of October, no reply from IRCC ever since. But how long does SA normally take? Is our waiting period normal? Should we keep waiting or call them instead?

Thanks!

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hi guys :)

We submitted the documents (inland) on Aug 20 and my boyfriend (the sponsor) got his AOR at the beginning of October, no reply from IRCC ever since. But how long does SA normally take? Is our waiting period normal? Should we keep waiting or call them instead?

Thanks!
Your wait time is normal. You should have SA by end of November latest