17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Friends,

I had mailed the application on Sep 22 and since I had requested a signed delivery I know they received it on Sep 26th. Now today I received first email from IRCC with subject "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about Fxxxxxxxxx Correspondence Id: 1-xxxxxxxxxxx" confirming the receipt of same. I have some questions on this email:

1) None of the links in that email works for me. I get 404 error. Is that what has happened for you too?
2) Is this AOR 1?
3) Do I create an online account with this application number they sent?
4) I already have a GICKey and account of mine since the time I did my PR. Shall I use that same login? Because for this spouse application I have given mine email ID which is same I used for my PR application.

Thanks.

Last edited:

johnalexkunji

Oct 31, 2019
My husband is in Canada PR holder
Yeah my passport, identity card and my bank accounts all are name with my husband
I changed everything
But i don't have bank joint account
I hope you have submitted all these proofs along with your application. I think they have some doubt on genuineness of your relationship that why they have called you for interview? might be the your age difference, nationality of yours n husband, sudden marriage etc. Nothing to worry if your relationship is genuine you can clear the interview. By the way i don't understand why they called you for an interview in Colombo Srilanka when you made inland application in Canada n when you are staying there in Canada.

Nagulen priya

May 7, 2019
I hope you have submitted all these proofs along with your application. I think they have some doubt on genuineness of your relationship that why they have called you for interview? might be the your age difference, nationality of yours n husband, sudden marriage etc. Nothing to worry if your relationship is genuine you can clear the interview. By the way i don't understand why they called you for an interview in Colombo Srilanka when you made inland application in Canada n when you are staying there in Canada.
thankyou so much for the information
I hope to face my interview....

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
When does ECAS normally get updated after sending additional documents? We were asked to send two newly filled out forms by mail and not online. They should have received them around the 21st of October and we haven't heard anything yet.
But the letter was confusing in general because it was written as if we had forgotten to include a document but then they didn't even ask for any additional documents and just asked us to fill out the two forms again. And then the letter also stated that if we meet all the requirements for processing to start we will be put in the queue for processing according to the date of the re-submission. This is what I don't understand. Are we put back in the pool with the October applicants? Shouldn't we still hear an update that they received what they asked for? And obviously I don't understand why we should have to wait for a new AOR.

I.Jahan

Jul 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hello all,

i have couple of questions here for spousal sponsorship.
1) Only IMM 0008 bar code pages needs to be put on the top of the application right ? or any other bar code farms also ?
2) When they say top of the application, does it mean top of the IMM0008 form or top of the entire application (like first page before the checklist) ?

Please guide.

Thanks;
Chandra
Hi, IMM 1344 also has barcode page. You have to place barcode pages right beneath the checklist.

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hey guys!
I have a question about my 2 dependent children who im sponsoring to Canada. Do they process both files at once? I only got PPR for one child and The eldest was asked for additonal document( biometrics fee receipt) twice which was already sent over a month ago.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys!
I have a question about my 2 dependent children who im sponsoring to Canada. Do they process both files at once? I only got PPR for one child and The eldest was asked for additonal document( biometrics fee receipt) twice which was already sent over a month ago.
They are considered separate, so if they are at different steps, that's fine.

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hello Seniors.

Would be great if someone could assist me with the following regarding translation for proof of communication.

My wife and I started dating 10 years ago when we were in highschool, so all our old texts, FB messages are in 'SMS language' (i.e short forms of words). Please note everything is in English.

Do you think i need to get this translated as well?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Seniors.

Would be great if someone could assist me with the following regarding translation for proof of communication.

My wife and I started dating 10 years ago when we were in highschool, so all our old texts, FB messages are in 'SMS language' (i.e short forms of words). Please note everything is in English.

Do you think i need to get this translated as well?
If they are not readable, don't include them. You are only allowed a max of 10 pages anyways.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
When does ECAS normally get updated after sending additional documents? We were asked to send two newly filled out forms by mail and not online. They should have received them around the 21st of October and we haven't heard anything yet.
But the letter was confusing in general because it was written as if we had forgotten to include a document but then they didn't even ask for any additional documents and just asked us to fill out the two forms again. And then the letter also stated that if we meet all the requirements for processing to start we will be put in the queue for processing according to the date of the re-submission. This is what I don't understand. Are we put back in the pool with the October applicants? Shouldn't we still hear an update that they received what they asked for? And obviously I don't understand why we should have to wait for a new AOR.
Perhaps you were asked to send a form that has been updated, for example this summer (IMM 1344)! Do not worry, I've seen on this forum such requests;)

Reactions: Luthien

I.Jahan

Jul 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hello experts,
This is the status of my GCkey.

Review of eligibility :
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Background check:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

Can anyone plz clarify what exactly these updates mean? Thanks

rjphoto

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi Leon,

I was hoping you could help me with my query. Thank you in advance.

I am currently working in Dubai, UAE and I was planning to move to Canada from here instead of my home country (Philippines). Will this be okay or I would have to go to the Philippines and take my flight from there?

I just got the pre-arrival services letter so we are anticipating that the move can happen soon, fingers crossed.

Below is the timeline for our application:
May 13, 2019 - submitted the application to Mississauga Office
June 5, 2019 - they received the application
July 25, 2019 - they started processing my husband's eligibility as a sponsor
July 31, 2019 - he got approved as a sponsor
July 31, 2019 - I received the medical and biometric instructions
August 4, 2019 - I did my medical and biometrics (in my current country of residence, Dubai)
August 8, 2019 - my medical results have been submitted/uploaded to the e-Medical system
August 14, 2019 - our application was sent to Visa Office in Manila for further processing
August 14, 2019 - they started processing my permanent residence application
October 31, 2019 - pre-arrival services letter received
Good day kabayan.

How’s your application doing?

I’m from qatar.
Application sent: July 14
AOR : Sept 13
Biometric done: Sept 16
Medical done: Sept 17
Medical passed: Sept 25

that’s it, until now i haven’t receive any updates.

veilaaa

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
UPDATE FOR QUEBEC APPLICANTS!

The Department is currently processing applications received up to:

- July 10, 2019 for a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child;
- August 16, 2019 for other family members.

veilaaa

Star Member
Oct 16, 2019
Hello Guys bago lang po ako ditto sa forum at magpapasa plang po ako ng application ko po..
Baka po pwedeng magtanong tungkol po dun s certified translation sa proof of communication po,saan po pedeng ipa certified yung mga social media conversation po..TIA po sa sasagot..
Ang ginawa ko lang dun sakin is trinanslate ko lang yung con
No, you can't apply from India. As a PR, you are required to live in Canada throughout the entire sponsorship process.

She can try for a TRV but chances are low.
Si this means that the sponsor cannot go outside canada? Even for a vacation?