Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Neftiida,

Change your passport and go back as a visitor like nothing happened and apply for PR inland, however it's a risk as we don't know either they know ab your overstay or not... But from what I've heard it works as they do not keep record of people leaving Canada, only ab those entering Canada.

Good luck!

Mohamed053185

Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 28, 2010
Med's Done....
June 28, 2010
Lativan

Yes, just fill out the application for PR, they will process it as usual, my husband and I got married May 16, 2010, and his vistor visa expired on May 22, 2010.He stayed in canada with no status and we filed for PR inland. We had applied to extend his vistor visa, but he got denied. I called the immigration office in Vegerville and they said he did not have to leave Canada until he gets his answer on his PR. He got his AIP and OWP on April 21, 2011.So good luck to you !! :D

weerth

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2011
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
LANDED..........
21-05-2013
Hey friends,

Forgive me if this is an old question but I couldnt find the answer.

While I´m waiting for my PR process, do I have to leave Canada after 6 months? Im under a multiple entries tourist visa and although I know that, in theory, I can leave and come back with no problem, I´m a little upset.
I read a lot here that, during the process, its not good to leave Canada because if the guys from the customs dont let you enter, your process is automatically cancelled.

Can anybody help me?

THANKS!

neftiida

Jun 7, 2011
Mohamed053185 said:
Lativan

Yes, just fill out the application for PR, they will process it as usual, my husband and I got married May 16, 2010, and his vistor visa expired on May 22, 2010.He stayed in canada with no status and we filed for PR inland. We had applied to extend his vistor visa, but he got denied. I called the immigration office in Vegerville and they said he did not have to leave Canada until he gets his answer on his PR. He got his AIP and OWP on April 21, 2011.So good luck to you !! :D
Thank you! :)

neftiida

Jun 7, 2011
Latvian said:
Neftiida,

Change your passport and go back as a visitor like nothing happened and apply for PR inland, however it's a risk as we don't know either they know ab your overstay or not... But from what I've heard it works as they do not keep record of people leaving Canada, only ab those entering Canada.

Good luck!
Thank you :)

sraja

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
Doc's Request.
14th Aug
Plz Reply !!!

hello everyone !

I have just joined in. I have some queries as im totally new to this immigration process n stuff. My husband just moved to canada , he is a permanent resident in montreal , quebec.
He plans to sponsor me n my 10 months old baby within 6 months. He is looking for a job these days. I have heard dat the rules have changed n immigration process times have also.
can someone plz tell me how long will it take for us to join him if he applies end of this year i.e dec 2011. I'm from Pakistan.

thanku !

miga-quatchi

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Apr 11
Doc's Request.
08 Jun 11 (AAF sent)
AOR Received.
07 Jun 11 (w/ PPR)
File Transfer...
20 May 11
Med's Request
09 Jun 11 (CEM rcvd)
Med's Done....
24 Mar 11
Passport Req..
08 Jun 11 (PP sent)
VISA ISSUED...
25 Jul (Aug4 recvd)
LANDED..........
13 Aug 11
Re: Plz Reply !!!

sraja said:
hello everyone !

I have just joined in. I have some queries as im totally new to this immigration process n stuff. My husband just moved to canada , he is a permanent resident in montreal , quebec.
He plans to sponsor me n my 10 months old baby within 6 months. He is looking for a job these days. I have heard dat the rules have changed n immigration process times have also.
can someone plz tell me how long will it take for us to join him if he applies end of this year i.e dec 2011. I'm from Pakistan.

thanku !
look on in this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Plz Reply !!!

sraja said:
hello everyone !

thanku !
Did your husband include you and the baby as non-accompanying dependents in his original application for PR?

Emily2301

May 15, 2011
Hi everyone!

I posted on May 15th (page 77 I think) to get some advice. I was concerned that I would have troubles getting back into Canada as a visitor and I wanted to give you (especially rjessome who answered a lot of my questions) an update!

After speaking to a friend who works for the Border Services and who spoke to someone from CIC we determined that is should be ok for me to leave (based on my travel history, not being from a high risk country, proof of funds, and return ticket). Of course there is always a risk but it seemed to be minimal. We did decide that I should only leave for 14 days so it wouldn't impact my common-law status, I really hope it won't.

When I returned I was prepared to answer a lot of questions and to show all my "proof". Fortunately everything was super easy: I was only asked what the purpose of my visit was (visiting my boyfriend), and where I was going...then I received a stamp in my passport. I wasn't even sent to immigration this time!! Yay!! :) Of course I will be nervous again when I travel in September but right now I'm happy that everything worked out well.

I appreciate all the advice! I will be back to read lots of information about the spousal application, and I'm so thankful that there are lots of great people here that are being so helpful and supportive, this process can be quite overwhelming!

ksgill2

Apr 5, 2011
Application Sent - may28/10
started processing : aug 2010
app send to local office in scarbrough on : 30 march 2011

Dont know what to do, its been a long time now.

boomerang11

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2011 (CPC-M received on 15 March 2011); MICC Received Undertaking - 27 April 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ Received 27 May 2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Initial Assessment via e-mail - 8 June 2011
File Transfer...
Buffalo Acknowledged PR Application - 21 April 2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-11
LANDED..........
03-09-11
ksgill2 said:
Application Sent - may28/10
started processing : aug 2010
app send to local office in scarbrough on : 30 march 2011

Dont know what to do, its been a long time now.
Oh dear, that is a long time. :eek: You might consider requesting CAIPS notes from CIC or VO. I don't exactly know how to order them, but I heard on another thread that they do contain notes on all movements (transactions) into your file. This might help you figure out what happened between August 2010 and March 2011.

Can anyone out there help with how to order these?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
This is an Inland application, he needs to order FOSS notes, not CAIPS.

Also, Scarborough is one of the busiest Inland processing offices, he has quite a wait in front of him still, especially if his file was transferred without AIP.

R

robertson.smith

Marry to cousin is legal or not and any problem with my PR visa

Dear sir,

I would like to apply Canada PR and I would like to claim 5 points for my wife education and she is my cousin. I married her before 2 years ago. so is there any problem regarding my PR visa. because i married to cousin and our marriage is just 2 years old. is there any chances for personal interview with canadian visa officer.

Please guide me.

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this process- just getting together my documents for an outland application to sponsor my spouse who is an Irish citizen. My spouse had been in Canada on a 1 yr under-35 work visa. He applied for an extension which was denied and it was at this point that we decided to get married in a small civil ceremony. Shortly after that, he left for the UK where he had been offered a job. However, before he left, we started filling out a number of the forms (for an outland application as he would be soon out of the country).
I had a question regarding the Sponsorship Agreement Form (IMM1344B)- we had filled out this form together when he was here, so both our signatures are dated the same day. However on the immigration guide on the CIC website, it says that I have to fill the form out, and then send it to my sponsor where he would fill it out and return to me. Does it matter that we filled it out before he left and that both signatures are dated the same day? Any help would by much appreciated!