+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
I understand that I can not sponsor from outside Canada. I was asking if I need to be in Canada for the WHOLE DURATION of my spouse sponsorship application or I can be there during the filing of application and travel afterwards ?

Thanks

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
I understand that I can not sponsor from outside Canada. I was asking if I need to be in Canada for the WHOLE DURATION of my spouse sponsorship application or I can be there during the filing of application and travel afterwards ?

Thanks
Who can become a sponsor
You can become a sponsor if you are:
  • at least 18 years old
  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
    • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
You need to be in Canada during the course of the whole process. Small Vacations for a week or two are fine.

AceAceAce

Apr 16, 2019
Hello, we received medical surveillance form IMM 0535 today. Is this PPR soon? I believed this will be handed to the border officer at port of entry in Canada. I'm just wondering what is next after this. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys I hope your all doing well.
I have some questions, did any get ppr after procedural fairness letter?
Sure - some people have certainly been successful. It really depends on why you received the procedural fairness letter.

afsheen khan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Sure - some people have certainly been successful. It really depends on why you received the procedural fairness letter.
My husband was previously married, his married is dissolved but the immigration officer concerned that his divorce is not valid that’s why we got procedural fairness letter

afsheen khan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
But the thing which bothers me is that there is no time frame in the letter like 30 days or less there is nothing at all. I tired my best and sent them reply under 30 days but im so worried whether they will except it or what will happen im scared of 5 years Ban

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband was previously married, his married is dissolved but the immigration officer concerned that his divorce is not valid that’s why we got procedural fairness letter
In that case it all depends on how effectively you have been able to prove that the marriage was legally dissolved before he got married to you.

FF89

Jul 11, 2019
Hi guys, amazing discussions going on around here. Quite informative! However, I’m a newbie here and a Canadian PR residing abroad (work reasons).

I want to initiate outland spousal PR, however, just want some info on a few things:-
1. How early can I/my spouse initiate the application after I land in Canada? Can I do it immediately? (I have already done my initial landing in Aug 2018)
2. What are the factors that IRCC takes into account to determine sponsor eligibility?
When I move there, I won’t have any job/sources of income and will rely solely on my savings that I shall bring with me to Canada. How much funds would be sufficient?

Thanks in advance for your responses.