+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

laineyq

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Has anyone been asked for RCMP fingerprints? I was asked to submit my fingerprints and i went to RCMP the next day, apparently RCMP has not submitted the results yet and it’s past the deadline already. Please advise

Mano Ahmed

Mar 6, 2019
Hey Guys, I am new here!! Ill just update my Application status here, and will keep updating regularly!

-Application received by CIC on 12th April 2018

-Sponser Approves on 31st May 2018

-Medical requested 1st June 2018

-Application transferred to LVO on 5th July 2018

-LVO started processing application on 13th July 2018

-Received Pre-Arrival Service Email on 8th Feb 2019.

-Status change on ECAS from ‘In Process’ to ‘Decision Made’ on about 22nd Feb 2019.

I have applied through a consultancy so I do not have access to any thing other than ECAS. I noticed the status change while my regular CIC online sevices check, and there has been no email sent to the consultancy about it yet. Even in the notes theres no mention of Decision Made yet, the last thing in the notes was about medicals being recieved . However it is the first time I saw the status change from In Process to DM!

I managed to get my brother in law call CIC hotline from Canada to hear what the automated answering machine would say against my application number and this is what he heard :

- The application status: Reviewing background check.

- Application was received April 12th 2018

- Do not need additional documents.

- Passed medical exam.

- Do not need fingerprints.

- Will contact once processing is complete.

So this is what the CIC hotline says that they are reviewing background check but ECAS shows Decision Made.... anyone knows whats going on?

I an Worried About my background check since i forgot to mention schengen visa refusals
A years back, i dont know if i have enough time to send an email explining my mistake before i am told i misrepresented on my application. However I have been granted Canadian TRV after my schengen refusal and i forgot to mention visa refusals on TRV application too! I also have visited Canada twice since!

Any advice?

Ss645

Mar 9, 2019
Hii guys
I have one question
My friend is applying for her husband under spousal sponsorship as a permanent resident and her husband is presently in government job in india.. do he need NOC from his department or not?
Waiting for reply
Thnx in advance

marshel90

Mar 8, 2019
Hi all,

I submitted my Inland Spousal Sponsorship application this week. My application was received on March 7, 2019. I was just wondering how much time approx it takes to receive an AOR, sponsor approval confirmation and then the open work permit.

Thanks,
Marshel

T0ny

Mar 11, 2019
Hi Everyone,

New to this with a wife and 10 month old child waiting to join me here in Canada. I submitted a paper application for outland PR and was receive Aug 21, 18. Its dated Oct 3 for submitted. My progress bar says there's 5 month left. But it doesn't look like they even touched their file. Everytime says "we are in the process.... will send message.... we do not need.... will send message..." Even the reviewing your application is the same. I'm not really good with abbreviations so please try to minimize the use of them. Thank you all in advance

imran555

Mar 11, 2019
My application was received on 27 December 2017, medical passed on May 9 2018. My wife has passed eligibility,but, LVO says that my background check is in process. Can anyone tell what kind of BGC is conducted in spousal sponsorship cases? and how much time it would require to be completed?

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
My application was received on 27 December 2017, medical passed on May 9 2018. My wife has passed eligibility,but, LVO says that my background check is in process. Can anyone tell what kind of BGC is conducted in spousal sponsorship cases? and how much time it would require to be completed?
You are way pass your deadline. Is ur case complicated ? You should do official inquiry

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Nobody can describe the exact procedures in BGC process but it is very involved among different Canadian agencies and third party organizations. The process will take whatever it takes and there is no limit of amount of time needed in order to make clearance of you. From your process time, it looks like your case is a complex case and you probably should call IRCC to follow up.

Canadabanana

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Please help..

I sent my application complete one month ago complete.

But i made 2 mistakes:

1. I got an expendable folder and mailed my application inside, then after mailing my application.. i found in the general guide on the website: ”Dont staple, dont send plastic papers, dont send binders, etc..

2. I found also on the general guide written to take out the barcode pages and place them underneath the checklist.. i didnt do that. I kept the bar cod pages with their applications.

Do you think my application would be returned because of that :( :( :( :( :(
I am turning crazy and so nervous. And i dont find similar posts and so stressing for me.
If you could share ur experience/ advice.
I kept my barcode pages with their applications too, oops. Just got first AOR though so not a complete dealbreaker!

Reactions: Boolbool

CanadaIsNo1

Jul 18, 2018
You will soon receive results (decision made)....Did you by any chance link your application to an online account? If yes you will be able to know the decision before you get passport from VAC
Hi, thanks for the reply! No, I haven't link application to online account yet. I'll try it this weekend.

Tlexxie

Nov 4, 2018

Hello Guys,
I am a little bit confused, I will appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this please. I sent my application on January 15 and it was received and signed for on 18th of January.
I called CIC today to know what is going on as i have not received aor yet and was told my file was received on March 4th, is this possible?
I thought the date delivered by courier is usually the received date at CIC? well now i have to wait for 2 months again before aor. Has this happened to anybody before?

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
In the basic guide for spousal sponsorship it is said: You can become a sponsor if you are able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability.
Are child benefits considered to be a kind of social assistance? Can I become a sponsor if I get child benefits?