Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017
GOOD NEWS. Just got PPR!! Woohoooooo!
Timeline is in my signature.

Question, it's asking me to prepare my documents. One being, send 2 photos of myself following their guidelines. What if I already sent photos with my application?
You are still require to send the photographs with your passport with signatures, your name and date of birth on the back of the photographs.

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hello everyone,

I would like to know if IRCC finds any documents missing or any signatures missing do they send back the PR application immediately or it would take couple of months?

Thank You,
Ritvik

samantha.bonin

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2018
AOR Received.
September 29, 2018
File Transfer...
October 26, 2018
Med's Request
October 2, 2018
Med's Done....
October 16, 2018
Passport Req..
December 14, 2018
You are still require to send the photographs with your passport with signatures, your name and date of birth on the back of the photographs.
Even if I sent it with my original application? Makes no sense :eek:

samantha.bonin

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2018
AOR Received.
September 29, 2018
File Transfer...
October 26, 2018
Med's Request
October 2, 2018
Med's Done....
October 16, 2018
Passport Req..
December 14, 2018

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding spousal sponsorship.

For the principal applicant's open work permit, is it something that I can apply along with PR application? or is it something that I can only apply upon receiving AOR for the PR?

If it is something that I can apply along with PR, is the applicant allowed to work in Canada after applying for the PR/Work Permit?

Thanks,

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys,

Just a quick question regarding spousal sponsorship.

For the principal applicant's open work permit, is it something that I can apply along with PR application? or is it something that I can only apply upon receiving AOR for the PR?

If it is something that I can apply along with PR, is the applicant allowed to work in Canada after applying for the PR/Work Permit?

Thanks,
You should apply with the PR as that's the simplest and easiest way. Make sure to pay the full $255 fee (many people only pay $155 and get the work permit application returned due to that).

Once the applicant receives the work permit (usually 3-4 months after applying), they are of course allowed to work. You cannot work after just applying, you have to wait until you actually get the permit.

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hi. I have a question. My wife and I are planning to travel to within Canada, while her PR and extension app is in the process, can she travel within Canada after her visa expires on Dec 21 with (implied) status?

ibo_jayu

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Received 23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-03-2015
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Request
8-7-2015
Med's Done....
16-7-2015. TLU 28-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submission 22-9.2015. Passport recd 25-09-2015
LANDED..........
Hello All,

I have a query about following question in Form 5532 - Relationship information.

Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship? If yes give details.
Name, Related to applicant/Sponsor, Relationship, Date they met the sponsor/applicant?

We are going to give details about our parents and sibling... the date they met means if I am writing about my mother so the date when she met my husband should be there.... is that correct?

-----------------

The second question is about Sponsor's Employment history.
When I write about the current employer... in the dates column, FROM will be the month i started but TO should be the current month as it does not accept 'till date' or 'present'

Request group to guid us on the above.

Thanks

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hello All,

I have a query about following question in Form 5532 - Relationship information.

Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship? If yes give details.
Name, Related to applicant/Sponsor, Relationship, Date they met the sponsor/applicant?

We are going to give details about our parents and sibling... the date they met means if I am writing about my mother so the date when she met my husband should be there.... is that correct?

-----------------

The second question is about Sponsor's Employment history.
When I write about the current employer... in the dates column, FROM will be the month i started but TO should be the current month as it does not accept 'till date' or 'present'

Request group to guid us on the above.

Thanks
1. Yes

2. I just checked ours - as that's not a form that needs to be validated, it did let us write things like N/A in the date boxes. For that specific one, is it possible the word "present" is just too long? I see that we put in "Now" there and it accepted it. You could also print it empty and put that word in by hand (I know we also put N/A in some other forms by hand in places where it wouldn't accept it).

I tried putting in the word "present". It stops at "presen" so it is too long. It gives an error saying that you should put numerical values in there, but it doesn't erase the word from it. You should still be able to print it without issues. Just pick a shorter word to put in.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi. I have a question. My wife and I are planning to travel to within Canada, while her PR and extension app is in the process, can she travel within Canada after her visa expires on Dec 21 with (implied) status?
Yes, she can travel within Canada.

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Yes, she can travel within Canada.
Someone said if we are travelling by air, she might be detained at the airport. If that is the case when they ask why you overstayed, can we say her in-land PR app and extension app are in process? I just want to be 100% sure that if we fly to Toronto, we won't have issues at the airport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Someone said if we are travelling by air, she might be detained at the airport. If that is the case when they ask why you overstayed, can we say her in-land PR app and extension app are in process? I just want to be 100% sure that if we fly to Toronto, we won't have issues at the airport.
"Someone" is a moron. There are no immigration controls when travelling domestically. The airline will not check her status.

Also, if she applied for the extension prior to her current status expiring, she has Implied Status and has not overstayed.

Reactions: kcward7

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
"Someone" is a moron. There are no immigration controls when travelling domestically. The airline will not check her status.

Also, if she applied for the extension prior to her current status expiring, she has Implied Status and has not overstayed.
at the check-ins when you go they will type her passport # to verify it's her ticket, would not anything pop up to say that she is over her stay? I'm assuming the system would not know about the implied status or would it? Our trip is in Jan and her expiry date is Dec 21. I mean I will do my homework and take with me the proof of application submitted and received date just in case.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
at the check-ins when you go they will type her passport # to verify it's her ticket, would not anything pop up to say that she is over her stay? I'm assuming the system would not know about the implied status or would it? Our trip is in Jan and her expiry date is Dec 21. I mean I will do my homework and take with me the proof of application submitted and received date just in case.
Again, there are no immigration controls when flying domestically and the airline will not and cannot check her status. Zero need to take the application proof.

Reactions: kcward7