june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
hi every one
hope u r doing ok
just want to ask a quick question
my hubby got an email reply from the visa office
and they said his file is under active review
so what's the meaning of this active review?
any one with a clue please share me
leon and other members need your help badly
thanks in advance
jma

beetle

Mar 9, 2011
Hi All,

I have one question and do really appreciate anyone's responses.
My processing case office is London, and am waiting for PP request/visa. Unfortunately I have to travel away to Vietnam from 1st May-end of August.
So in the case they send me a request, is it possible to ask them a favor of passport submission in another CIC, i.e. in Vietnam, instead of London?
Thank you greatly for any help!!!

lordayj

Apr 29, 2011
hi,i wanna sponsor my wife who is from iran but we dont have pictures of our wedding and we had a simple ceremony in iran,we have been in relationship for 2 years and we have a lot of pictures,my question is:does it make any problem for us?,does it have bad effect on immigration officer decision?

jma

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
june 2011
VISA ISSUED...
june,2011
LANDED..........
june,2011
any one with any idea in the above question
please share me
thanks in advance

ankhm

Mar 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2011
File Transfer...
21-04-2011
Med's Done....
14-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2011
LANDED..........
09-09-2011
jiyamano said:
thanks Charlie, for ur response. maybe i will wait 1 more week then i shall email them.

Cheers, :(

Hello jiyamano,

Though I tried to reply to your PM, I am not allowed to send PMs at this moment (I don't know why; maybe I'm too new here?). So this is my another try to get back to you. :)

My application was forwarded to Tokyo on April 21. I haven't received any notification saying that Tokyo has received my documents. I'm assuming my application is on its way to Japan. Also, I haven't heard of any cases where Tokyo issues AOR.

As I checked a Canada immigration online forum written in Japanese, one person whose application arrived at Tokyo on December 06 got PPR on March 30, and this person says her e-cas only shows "in process." Another person whose app arrived at Tokyo on November 29 got PPR on April 06 via e-mail, and her e-cas says "Application Received" only.

So I believe the Tokyo office is processing files and making progress slowly but steadily, and the e-cas does not necessarily reflect our latest current status. I totally understand that you get nervous about not hearing from the VO. As CharlieD10 said, "there can't be much more time left to wait." ;) Fingers crossed for you!

ankhm

fayzaan

Apr 30, 2011
Calgary, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2011
Med's Request
14-07-2012
Med's Done....
19-07-2012
Passport Req..
22-02-2013
I have a question,

I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife who is in Pakistan.

I went over the region specific form (general asia)

And it states that I must provide "Original birth certificates for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner, together with
certified translations into English or French".

Now what if my wife for some reason does not have a birth certificate? would a "B Form" work? people told me that if person doesn't have a birth certificate then they just use a B form instead...so I just want to confirm if they will accept a B Form as a birth certificate.

And does this also mean that I, the spouse who is a Canadian Citizen already, need to also supply my birth certificate? or are they just referring it in case spouse is also applying for sponsorship.

boomerang11

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2011 (CPC-M received on 15 March 2011); MICC Received Undertaking - 27 April 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ Received 27 May 2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Initial Assessment via e-mail - 8 June 2011
File Transfer...
Buffalo Acknowledged PR Application - 21 April 2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-11
LANDED..........
03-09-11
Question about husband sponsoring me to live in Quebec...

We started our applications from the US where my husband is a permanent resident and I am a citizen. As we completed the applications we noticed wording stating that my husband had to be living in Quebec when I received my PR visa. We both called Immigration Quebec and received two different answers about this issue. ???

I'd like to know:

Is this true? If so, is there a length of time he must be there before I arrive?

Can we wait to hear if I'm accepted ( I receive my PR approval notice) before he heads up there? I mean, he could leave soon, but we'd be holding down two households for months. That's kind of a lot to ask. Is that what they're asking? What if I'm not accepted and he's already moved up there?

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd appreciate anything anyone can share.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If a Canadian citizen who lives in another country sponsors their spouse, they usually just have to show plans to move to Canada once their spouse gets their PR. Maybe this is an extra requirement from Quebec. If it is, then your husband would have to move when you get the passport request at the latest. You could go with him as a visitor and send your passport in once you have crossed the border. However, it is not Quebec who issues your PR visa, it would be the visa office in Buffalo. Contact Buffalo and ask them.

boomerang11

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2011 (CPC-M received on 15 March 2011); MICC Received Undertaking - 27 April 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ Received 27 May 2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Initial Assessment via e-mail - 8 June 2011
File Transfer...
Buffalo Acknowledged PR Application - 21 April 2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-11
LANDED..........
03-09-11
Leon said:
If a Canadian citizen who lives in another country sponsors their spouse, they usually just have to show plans to move to Canada once their spouse gets their PR. Maybe this is an extra requirement from Quebec. If it is, then your husband would have to move when you get the passport request at the latest. You could go with him as a visitor and send your passport in once you have crossed the border. However, it is not Quebec who issues your PR visa, it would be the visa office in Buffalo. Contact Buffalo and ask them.
Thanks, Leon.

Yes we've definitely shown plans. Is that all that is necessary? We sent in the form showing he intends to reside there with his Sponsorship Appl. and job offers, as well. We just weren't sure if/when he should go up there ahead of me, since we have no advance info on when/if I might receive PR approval. Just wondered if anyone had caught anything in writing on the website.

Thanks for your help...I will call Buffalo.

jiyamano

May 31, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
ankhm said:
Hello jiyamano,

Though I tried to reply to your PM, I am not allowed to send PMs at this moment (I don't know why; maybe I'm too new here?). So this is my another try to get back to you. :)

My application was forwarded to Tokyo on April 21. I haven't received any notification saying that Tokyo has received my documents. I'm assuming my application is on its way to Japan. Also, I haven't heard of any cases where Tokyo issues AOR.

As I checked a Canada immigration online forum written in Japanese, one person whose application arrived at Tokyo on December 06 got PPR on March 30, and this person says her e-cas only shows "in process." Another person whose app arrived at Tokyo on November 29 got PPR on April 06 via e-mail, and her e-cas says "Application Received" only.

So I believe the Tokyo office is processing files and making progress slowly but steadily, and the e-cas does not necessarily reflect our latest current status. I totally understand that you get nervous about not hearing from the VO. As CharlieD10 said, "there can't be much more time left to wait." ;) Fingers crossed for you!

ankhm
Hello ankhm,

Thanks for your reply. I just saw it today. yeah may be they are working steadily on the applications. Most applications take around around 4-5 months aprox. according to the cases. Oh well, I think i should just wait week more and then email them to inquire further info about my application.

Good luck and Cheers,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boomerang11 said:
Thanks, Leon.

Yes we've definitely shown plans. Is that all that is necessary? We sent in the form showing he intends to reside there with his Sponsorship Appl. and job offers, as well. We just weren't sure if/when he should go up there ahead of me, since we have no advance info on when/if I might receive PR approval. Just wondered if anyone had caught anything in writing on the website.

Thanks for your help...I will call Buffalo.
Actually, this may be a new rule change, see
http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2011/2011-04-02/html/reg3-eng.html#reg said:
(2) Subsection 130(2) of the Regulations is replaced by the following:

Sponsor not residing in Canada

(2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor a foreign national who makes an application referred to in subsection (1) and is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children, if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the foreign national becomes a permanent resident.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Actually, this may be a new rule change, see
No, the text of that paragraph did not change. It is the following paragraph re "five years" that is proposed to be added. This is not law yet.

But for the OP on this topic, the requirements remain the same.

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
guys who gets approval frm cpc-m & applying at delhi for their spouse visa in this may month plz update it at
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-applicants-of-new-delhi-may2011-t70592.0.html;msg744832#msg744832
good luck

O

ojaboo

Okay SOOO...
I am just starting to fill out these family class forms...been married 3 years my husband was in the army and got his release papers to leave his country (egypt) so now we have this process to go. was kinda disheartening to see application process out of Cairo is 12 months. (LAME)
Anyway I see multiple Xs that to sponsor a spouse no minimum income required, so does that mean that i dont have to fill out those financial evaluations, etc.... forms.
ALSO do I have to write NOT APPLICABLE on every single little question that isn't apllicable.
lol i know its not rocket science BUT bear with me.
haha thanks
L

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ojaboo said:
Anyway I see multiple Xs that to sponsor a spouse no minimum income required, so does that mean that i dont have to fill out those financial evaluations, etc.... forms.
ALSO do I have to write NOT APPLICABLE on every single little question that isn't apllicable.
lol i know its not rocket science BUT bear with me.
You do have to give your income because they ask for it. Even though they don't have a strict minimum income requirements for spouses, they can still refuse if they don't think you two can support yourselves in Canada.

Also, you do have to write not applicable on every single little question that isn't or you can just write N/A :)