+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Moican

Jun 1, 2018
any applicant from United Arab Emirates?
Hi.

I am an applicant from United Arab Emirates. Spouse Sponsorship.

Hello everybody

My Iraqi spouse has a UAE residency permit as a housewife under my name as her husband, in the applications where we must mention her status in UAE the options say Permenant Residence, Visitor, Student, or Other(which I would need to specify). She does not have a permenant residence, it is only a limited time residency that is dependent on my residency.

What should I choose as her status in UAE?
Permenant residence or other and then explain?

Your past experiences are highly helpful.

Thank you!!

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Hello everybody

My Iraqi spouse has a UAE residency permit as a housewife under my name as her husband, in the applications where we must mention her status in UAE the options say Permenant Residence, Visitor, Student, or Other(which I would need to specify). She does not have a permenant residence, it is only a limited time residency that is dependent on my residency.

What should I choose as her status in UAE?
Permenant residence or other and then explain?

Your past experiences are highly helpful.

Thank you!!
I lived in the UAE for the majority of my life and when applying for spousal sponsorship, if i recall correctly i put Other and stated "Temporary Resident" and for the time i was being sponsored by work agency i put Worker.

Reactions: Moican

Rravindran

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
AOR Received.
19-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
25-08-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Guys ....Pr holder in Canada...would like to sponsor my wife ...is it worthwhile to apply on your own or an agency will be the best option.
If agency, any recommendations!!

Kindly advise.

Moican

Jun 1, 2018
I lived in the UAE for the majority of my life and when applying for spousal sponsorship, if i recall correctly i put Other and stated "Temporary Resident" and for the time i was being sponsored by work agency i put Worker.
Temporary Residence or Residence Permit? I’m really lost

Harshkp

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Guys ....Pr holder in Canada...would like to sponsor my wife ...is it worthwhile to apply on your own or an agency will be the best option.
If agency, any recommendations!!

Kindly advise.
All the information you need is on cic's website. if you have the time and patience to read and understand all the details then you don't really need any agent or agency. And you can all ways ask questions here and people will be more then happy to help you, guide you based on their experience / knowledge.
Again this my opinion based on my experience. finial decision is always yours. :)

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Temporary Residence or Residence Permit? I’m really lost
I think it was Residence Permit. But I think both are the same, I think it is written on the Residence Permit thing in the passport. Just write whatever is in that. Also, you will be sending in a copy of it, so I think it really doesn't matter what its called.....the passport copy will be self-explanatory for them as they will cross reference the date.

Reactions: Moican

Amritanjali

Oct 22, 2018
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Yes
Guys, can you help me. In Canadian by birth but living in India for 30 years. I now want to move back. My husband of 10 years is indian. How can we apply? We both plan to settle there but how do we show proof of our plan.
Where can all the firms be downloaded from? And what documents should we attach?
We have no immediate family or business in Canada.
Please help.

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
Guys, can you help me. In Canadian by birth but living in India for 30 years. I now want to move back. My husband of 10 years is indian. How can we apply? We both plan to settle there but how do we show proof of our plan.
Where can all the firms be downloaded from? And what documents should we attach?
We have no immediate family or business in Canada.
Please help.
Hey @Amritanjali
Please ask your husband to go to this link and click on "Find out if you can apply". He will need to answer some basic questions and it will tell him what type of visa he will be able to apply for (it is most probably going to be the "Family Class Sponsorship - Spouse"). If he follows the link, it will also take him to a page where he will be able to download the forms including a Document Checklist. He just needs to read through patiently and he will find out what is required in order for him to apply. This could a great way to start and you always have this forum for help. :)

Dev1327

Oct 22, 2018
Hello,
I am Canadian citizen. I submitted my husband file for spouse sponsorship on July 9 th. Haven’t received AOR number yet.
Can anyone let me know how long it take ?
Or someone in the same situation?

Natasia

Sep 6, 2018
Hello
Applied for conjugal partner sponsorship since April 2018
My GCKey is not linking since then. I’m afraid they’ll need something and I’m not aware. Do they send me an email to link it? If so I never received an email regarding that
Latest email was that my file got transferred to LVO since end of August.

Do I put sponser (myself) info
Or
Sponsored person (partner) info

When trying to link the application?

Any suggestions will help for tired trying.
Thank you

Moican

Jun 1, 2018
I think it was Residence Permit. But I think both are the same, I think it is written on the Residence Permit thing in the passport. Just write whatever is in that. Also, you will be sending in a copy of it, so I think it really doesn't matter what its called.....the passport copy will be self-explanatory for them as they will cross reference the date.
Thank you so much!

Reactions: niamahmoud

PrateekVatsyana

Jun 10, 2016
Dear All
In my case my spouse’s residential address in passport is her parental house where she used to live before marriage

Her current address is my address..
So now to get PCC for her for current address what is the process for same

Passport office is askig for a proof that stays at my current address either adhar card / bank account etc

We do not have anything on same as such

Can some one please tell me process
I will be greatful

Reactions: 1506

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
Dear All
In my case my spouse’s residential address in passport is her parental house where she used to live before marriage

Her current address is my address..
So now to get PCC for her for current address what is the process for same

Passport office is askig for a proof that stays at my current address either adhar card / bank account etc

We do not have anything on same as such

Can some one please tell me process
I will be greatful
Which country and/or state/province/city does your spouse live in?