+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

abdel81

Dec 23, 2015
Hello guys,
My wife (principal applicant) received an interview notice. We are just worried about the questions they might ask her ! given that we provide all required and supporting docs....

Here is the letter she received:

INTERVIEW NOTICE
Date : 30/10/2018
Time : 11:00:00 AM
Place : Canadian Embassy, Immigration Section, 66 Mehdi Ben Barka
avenue, Rabat (Souissi)
Dear Sir/Madam ,
This is to advise you that this interview is required in order for us to assess your application for permanent
residence in Canada. You should attend at the date and time indicated, and provide us with the following
documents:
- A copy of this message;
- Your passport;
- Recent proofs of contact (letters, internet (e-mails, Skype, Facebook, etc.). IMPORTANT: Please
make sure to print out your proofs of contact. You will not be allowed to the interview room with
your PC or cellular phone.
- Proof of joint assets (bank accounts, properties, etc.); and
- other marriage photos, photos as a couple, with family, on travels;
IMPORTANT: Your guarantor must be available by telephone for 3 hours following the start of the
interview. Please provide a phone number where we are able to reach your guarantor.
Regards,
Immigration Services | Service d’immigration
rabat.immigration@international.gc.ca
66, Mehdi Ben Barka Avenue, Rabat Souissi
PO Box 2040 Rabat-Ryad, Maroc, 10000
Follow us on Facebook | Suivez nous sur Facebook
In English: @CanEmbMorocco | En français: @AmbCanMaroc
Canadian Embassy in Morocco | Ambassade du Canada au Maroc

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
Hi guys,

I'm struggling to find an answer or help, on the check list form on sponsoring outside canada, we have to proof of funds and on separate piece of paper to explain how. Where can I find an example for this letter or where can I get something to
Where on the Document Checklist did you find this? Please let me know. I only see the Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283) form.

Hi All,

I have seen my status in Ecas changed to Decision Made from In process few hrs back!
Anyone can pls highlight on one more doubt, Does back ground check starts after decision made or after bgc they update the Decision made!

Thanks
Hopefully the medical was already completed? Good luck

Hello guys,
My wife (principal applicant) received an interview notice. We are just worried about the questions they might ask her ! given that we provide all required and supporting docs....

INTERVIEW NOTICE
avenue, Rabat (Souissi)
Dear Sir/Madam ,
This is to advise you that this interview is required in order for us to assess your application for permanent
residence in Canada. You should attend at the date and time indicated, and provide us with the following
documents:
- Your passport;
- Recent proofs of contact (letters, internet (e-mails, Skype, Facebook, etc.). IMPORTANT: Please
make sure to print out your proofs of contact. You will not be allowed to the interview room with
IMPORTANT: Your guarantor must be available by telephone for 3 hours following the start of the
interview. Please provide a phone number where we are able to reach your guarantor.
Regards,
Ask her to go through all the forms and supporting documents you have submitted so far so that she knows everything off the top of her head. I believe they will be asking questions related to what you have already submitted, plus questions on your relationship. As long as she is confident and truthful, everything should be fine. Good luck

newbee2391

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hey Guys,
Please help. My husband and I got married April 2018 in India. I have now gathered all necessary documents for his outland application and About to send it out.

But looking at some of the INLAND Application forums, I am thinking differently. I am wondering if I should apply for his visitor visa instead and once he comes here to apply for his OWP and inland sponsorship application.

My whole idea behind thinking differently is because he could be with me sooner if his visitor visa gets approved rather than waiting a year apart while his OUTLAND application is in process.

Please advice.

TIA

Teddy01

Star Member
May 29, 2018
Where on the Document Checklist did you find this? Please let me know. I only see the Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283) form.

Hopefully the medical was already completed? Good luck

Ask her to go through all the forms and supporting documents you have submitted so far so that she knows everything off the top of her head. I believe they will be asking questions related to what you have already submitted, plus questions on your relationship. As long as she is confident and truthful, everything should be fine. Good luck
Hi,
Medical completed by March 2017!
Today received pre arrival by morning and evening Ecas status changed to DM!

Reactions: C.R.M.

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018

On imm5589 - supporting documents for sponsor- 5- at the bottom says - if you are not working in Canada, provide other documentation showing that you can support the person you are sponsoring. This must include detailed explanation of how you plan to support yourself and the sponsored person on a separate piece of paper.

How to do the paper, what to say and if bank statements are o

Reactions: paint.thinner

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Last edited:
Reactions: paint.thinner

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hello,

I have a question for you all. I sent my application package to Sydney two months ago and I haven't heard any thing from IRCC. Is that normal? Also I am the sponsor, my partner is the PA. When we try to use the PA's account to link the application, it constantly failed. Does anyone know what should I do to keep track of my application?

Thank you very much!
I have same question,,, I sent file two months ago nothing after file received

hey_iris

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
PH
Hello, I just need help with IMM 5532. Last 2016, may husband worked fulltime for his previous employer. But since June 2018, he started to work part time for them because he found another full time job.

How do we go about filling up his employment history?

Should I indicate both his gross income when he’s full time and his income for that company now that he is part time?

Kgmce

Oct 17, 2018
Generally, they do keep the passport when they know they will be approving the app. The give it back when they haven't decided yet or if they have decided to refuse. What is the relationship history?
We met in 2006 online and got to know each other very well for a few years. Online only. At the time my children were small and he is 10 years younger than me and I thought that he should have children of his own so I ended the relationship. 10 years later I decided to go on a vacation with my cousin and we chose Morocco. He and I met there for a few days, realized all the time we had wasted and started talking again. I returned three months later and married him. I took my children and my best friend with me. I returned three more times in the first year to spend time with him. We talk every single day via WhatsApp. Sometimes twice a day.

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
Hello guys,

INTERVIEW NOTICE
avenue, Rabat (Souissi)
Dear Sir/Madam ,
documents:
- Your passport;
Regards,
when did u apply???