+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
Hi, I am planning to sponsor my common law partner. Do you know if the sponsored person can use an expired police certificate from the country of birth (never been in that country after the police certificate was issued). I remember before that expired police certificates were OK, but now I cannot find that information at all on the IRCC website. Thanks!
No an expired police certificate will definitely not be accepted.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Ok thank you but do i put it in sponsor files or applicants files
I sent all mixed forms regardless who has signed it, followed Check-list and piled all in 1 package. In our package there was no such thing as separate files for PA or Sponsor. I put those as the check list read. They figure it out themselves as long as nothing is missing. Here is what our GCkey reads:-

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Find out more about medical exams.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. citizens from some countries.

If we need your biometrics, we will send you a message in your account telling you how to submit biometrics.

Background check Not applicable. Help - Background check
Background check
In some cases, we need to verify criminal, security and/or other background information to make sure you are admissible to Canada. If we need more information from you, we will send you a message.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
There are no required documents for this Online Application.

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Hi everyone!
My American fiance and I have been looking at ways to get him up to Canada for our wedding. The issue is that we need him to be able to work after we get married and start living together. The solution we've tentatively come up with is to get married at a courthouse and then do our permanent residency application while he still lives in the states and I still live in Canada and then have our wedding (just a ceremony and reception minus the signing of papers etc since we'd have already done that) once his permanent residency has been approved, that way after our actual wedding we can live together as a married couple without such a fuss.
I'd love to hear what other people have to say about this and if it would actually work or if our relationship will be seen as ingenuine because we didn't have a 'real' wedding. just went to the courthouse and signed the papers.
I am American and my husband is Canadian. We did exactly what you are proposing. Got married at the courthouse, planned to have a big wedding later and applied outland. I was approved for PPR and they never questioned it. The biggest thing is being able to prove your relationship through phone logs, chats, emails, photos, social media posts, letters from friends attesting to the genuineness of your relationship. Also, how long you've been together, how much you visited each other, etc. They don't usually scrutinize US/CA marriages too much unless there are red flags so you should be fine.

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
Oh sorry, I was careless :( it says in the check list itself. We put on the very TOP, then everything below it. Doc check list is the 1 they wanna see 1st and they go from there. Any other doubt may ask here againe ?
Oh sorry, I was careless :( it says in the check list itself. We put on the very TOP, then everything below it. Doc check list is the 1 they wanna see 1st and they go from there. Any other doubt may ask here again..Regards!
Hello singleman can you please help me? I am november 10 aplicant , they starting processing application on 26 april , they send medical and Sa .
Everything was going well , medical passed on 30 april, Sponsorship aproved on 7 june, and on 26 june starting processing my application on visa office rome , for all this time i dont here nothing from them . Can you please help me , how many time the application stay in visa office , 11 months without a PPR

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
YES emails and photos too. You can only send maximum of 20 photos and emails /phones/chats= 10 pages max it is in the guide as well. They will shred/ignore extra unwanted records, so try to send quality rather than quantity :)And make it a joint application from Sponsor =your wife+PA you. OK?
my case is a typical one , i was an unaccompanying member in the application floated by my wife in 2011 i went through medical with my family although i was not going , at that time my wife submitted my record including all education and job related information,and also my reason of job for not accompanying them in 2016 i visited my family on a visit visa last year , now as i am free from my job obligations in 2018i want to proceed , now do i have to undergo a fresh spousal sponsorship application ,why whereas my record is already with them since 2011 , my family left in 2016 they are PR now what should i do

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
my case is a typical one , i was an unaccompanying member in the application floated by my wife in 2011 i went through medical with my family although i was not going , at that time my wife submitted my record including all education and job related information,and also my reason of job for not accompanying them in 2016 i visited my family on a visit visa last year , now as i am free from my job obligations in 2018i want to proceed , now do i have to undergo a fresh spousal sponsorship application ,why whereas my record is already with them since 2011 , my family left in 2016 they are PR now what should i do
In your case you will NOT have to wait in a ling line as per best of my knowledge. How to apply in such cases? I think better phone and ask them as you are NOT supposed to WAIT in long lineups. YOu were pre-approved, best guess is tp apply directly to VO. Otherwise a big line up at the Sydney OMG no no ...Rest is on seniors

Last edited:
Reactions: Alda

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
In your case you will NOT have to wait in a ling line as per best of my knowledge. How to apply in such cases? I think better phone and ask them as you are NOT supposed to WAIT in long lineups. YOu were pre-approved, best guess is tp apply directly to VO. Otherwise a big line up at the Sydney OMG no no ...Rest is on seniors
Hello singleman can you please help me? I am november 10 aplicant , they starting processing application on 26 april , they send medical and Sa .
Everything was going well , medical passed on 30 april, Sponsorship aproved on 7 june, and on 26 june starting processing my application on visa office rome , for all this time i dont here nothing from them . Can you please help me , how many time the application stay in visa office , 11 months without a PPR

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Looks like they are all the same NDVO or ROME. Total they say 12 months but is on an average case with no complications. It can take much more with suspected cases,involving interviews etc..You have 11 months past. If you have a D/Made then any day or within 2-3 weeks you may get a PPR.
Rest depends on VO itself if they are very busy. But trust in God is all is Genuine, nice days are not too far away :) Cheers

Reactions: Alda

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
IMPORTANT URGENT INFO GCKEY:-
GCKEY will be unavailable from 3:00 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday October 16, 2018, in order to perform system maintenance.
They do all kind of updates on web during this early morning. Hoping they have staff working NIGHTs to update and send e-mails.
My own 1st e-mail of AOR1 came on Tuesday (see my signatures) . But if you guys check GCkeys please wait extra 2 more hours approx more than written above so that updates are finished totally.

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
Looks like they are all the same NDVO or ROME. Total they say 12 months but is on an average case with no complications. It can take much more with suspected cases,involving interviews etc..You have 11 months past. If you have a D/Made then any day or within 2-3 weeks you may get a PPR.
Rest depends on VO itself if they are very busy. But trust in God is all is Genuine, nice days are not too far away :) Cheers
Thanku for the answer
Well i hope in god , ecas does’nt show nothing just in proccess but am waiting , you are so good

nchaw

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
New Delhi India
App. Filed.......
13th May 2018
Doc's Request.
17th may 2018
AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
PPR is sent to the PA or Sponsor's email address????

Oct 13, 2018
Hi all!
I have an inquiry if you can help or seen similar cases.
I got enagaged one year ago, we both are originally from middle eastern country.
I got a new job, so i could get only one week off last year, i went and we got enageged. Since then i couldnt visit her back due to unavailability of days off and wanted to accumulated my days for the honeymoon.
We were experiencing a long distance relatioship, we arranged our wedding and everything over the phone. I have a record and receipts of everything i paid even the wedding itself, honeymoon, tickets, etc.

My only concern, while we were enagaged for 11 months and i couldn’t take days off and visit her, would this cause any problem when reviewing my application to sponsor her? Or they will understand that due to work circumstances and distance i couldnt make visits? Please help i would like to hear back from you.
THANKS!

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi all!
I have an inquiry if you can help or seen similar cases.
I got enagaged one year ago, we both are originally from middle eastern country.
I got a new job, so i could get only one week off last year, i went and we got enageged. Since then i couldnt visit her back due to unavailability of days off and wanted to accumulated my days for the honeymoon.
We were experiencing a long distance relatioship, we arranged our wedding and everything over the phone. I have a record and receipts of everything i paid even the wedding itself, honeymoon, tickets, etc.

My only concern, while we were enagaged for 11 months and i couldn’t take days off and visit her, would this cause any problem when reviewing my application to sponsor her? Or they will understand that due to work circumstances and distance i couldnt make visits? Please help i would like to hear back from you.
THANKS!
Thanks 4 asking this. It should be OK as long as you were communicating via phone or social medias. If u can show few records. On the other hand they would look at how the marriage was done. How many ppl? How many relatives? Expenses receipts, honeymoon? so you know..