Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
Hi guys,

I am new to this thread in the forum. Hope some one will help me out.

I am a PR holder since Jan 2018. I am engaged now and getting married in a couple of months. I have read the process to sponsor my wife. The processing times say 12 months. In that case she cannot land before Jan - Feb 2020.

Is there a way to bring her to Canada before she receives the PR? May be work permit or visitor visa? Has some one applied in that way? If yes, which one you chose first? Visitor Visa and then Sponsorship or sponsorship first and then applied for visitor visa?
Once you apply to sponsor your wife and the process actually starts, if you apply for a travel visa immigration will see that you have a sponsorship application in and will think that she will come here and not leave. For this reason, it is highly unlikely that they will grant her a tourist visa.

Regarding a work permit. You will need to get a Canadian company to offer her a position and they will apply for the work permit. This is not very easy to get.

girlhounds

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
DUBAI
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Apr 19 2018
Interview........
Pre arrival Apr 26, 2019
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
My application would be completing 6 months next week. no new update yet.[/QUOmine turning 5 months on Sept 19, 2018....

Im so disturb knowing that other visa offices are moving faster... specially Singapore, Hongkong, Philipines they are very fast some of them already started BGC, PRe arrival and some are PPR already....

girlhounds

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
DUBAI
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Apr 19 2018
Interview........
Pre arrival Apr 26, 2019
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
I m unable to login to my ecas and gckey Account!
Is anyone else facing this problem right now?
some problem with the website but its working now....

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
hi yes im also from dubai waiting as well im April 2018 applicant and you....? my paper tranferred already to LVO
Hey thanks for the reply
My application started in March. Medical was done in May. Last update was on June 28th ( I believe it was about sending my application to LVO). Since then no new update.

My application has completed 6 months today.

Last edited:

hope545

Sep 17, 2018
Hi, I wanted to know if there is anyone else out there that is in the same situation as me. My spousal sponsorship file was sent in mid May 2018, I have been waiting since then. Is there any applicants from May who are still waiting on their file number and status (AOR)? It has been over 100 days and I seriously do not know what I should do, I am very frustrated at this point. Please, if you are a May or even June 2018 applicant then please share your thoughts and let me know as it would really help me out.
Thank you

Reactions: Alda

girlhounds

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
DUBAI
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Apr 19 2018
Interview........
Pre arrival Apr 26, 2019
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hi, I wanted to know if there is anyone else out there that is in the same situation as me. My spousal sponsorship file was sent in mid May 2018, I have been waiting since then. Is there any applicants from May who are still waiting on their file number and status (AOR)? It has been over 100 days and I seriously do not know what I should do, I am very frustrated at this point. Please, if you are a May or even June 2018 applicant then please share your thoughts and let me know as it would really help me out.
Thank you
if you sent to CIC on may 2018 by now u supposed to received AOR... try to open your apps in ECAS by putting the details of SA... if u able to open it meaning CIC accepted ur apps... if still not there means might ur apps returned...

sainim27

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO, shifted to CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015 (PER)
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
22-05-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2015
Hi,
I have applied for spousal sponsorship and sent the file to CIC and they received it on Aug 23.
However I am still waiting for ar acknowledgment.
There's no communication yet from CIC.

When I can expect reply form them

Any idea?

Please share your views

Ruhul44

Sep 17, 2018
Hi,

I applied for my wife at the start of May 2018 (family sponsorship outside of Canada). The application was sent from Mississauga office to Singapore. Singapore visa office received the application on July 6th. After that i have not heard anything. No medical request or anything. Does anybody know how long Singapore Visa Office is taking to process application now? Thank you in advance.

Ruhul

girlhounds

Star Member
Nov 25, 2017
DUBAI
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Apr 19 2018
Interview........
Pre arrival Apr 26, 2019
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hi,

I applied for my wife at the start of May 2018 (family sponsorship outside of Canada). The application was sent from Mississauga office to Singapore. Singapore visa office received the application on July 6th. After that i have not heard anything. No medical request or anything. Does anybody know how long Singapore Visa Office is taking to process application now? Thank you in advance.

Ruhul
TRY TO CHECK ECAS using SA information... might your file already registerd in the cic system

PrateekVatsyana

Jun 10, 2016
Dear All,
Hope you are donig well.
I am in process of applying the Spouse VISA for my wife .
Can please siggest me the site from where it can be downloaded .
Also when i try to download te package from the follwing site , Its not getting opened :-

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp?_ga=2.128174540.13670140.1534075289-480580881.1530341707

Steps tried
a. Changed the Adobe PDF software version
b. Change PDF settings as well
c. Tried on multiple PCs

Can please some one suggest me a way

Regards,
Prateek

nchaw

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
New Delhi India
App. Filed.......
13th May 2018
Doc's Request.
17th may 2018
AOR Received.
21st June 2018
File Transfer...
04th August 2018
Med's Request
29th June 2018
Med's Done....
09th July2018
My Application was forwarded to NDVO on 04th August. Received AOR 2 on the 09th of August.
Haven't heard anything from them since then.
This is getting so painful now.
Does anyone has an idea how much time this take in general for an officer to start processing my application?

hridoy

May 4, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Currently, i am in Toronto (Canada) under work permit which is expiring this November. My spouse has already applied for my PR under spousal/family category application on July. As the process may take some time i am little unsure about what to do next. My questions are bellow, if anyone can answer those i would really appreciate the support.

1. Should i apply for extension of my work permit? if so, should it be bridging work permit?

2. If apply for work permit, do i need to apply for Temporary residence visa as well? cause this is also expiring same date on November.

3. Usually how long the process takes recently to get approval?