App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Applied on Jan 2018, File transferred to NDVO during May. Got PPR on August last week. Submitted passport on August 30.
I submitted passport on August 29th. VFS had informed me of waiting time of 30 days.

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
Hi,

Im in the process of compiling documents for Indian PCC for fiance .Is it better to get her PCC before marriage or after,since I may need to get her names changed on the passport to get PCC and may take longer.
What was the documents submitted for proof of Income as I haven't filed tax yet as I landed as PR as a bachelor.
Please guide.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hi,

Im in the process of compiling documents for Indian PCC for fiance .Is it better to get her PCC before marriage or after,since I may need to get her names changed on the passport to get PCC and may take longer.
What was the documents submitted for proof of Income as I haven't filed tax yet as I landed as PR as a bachelor.
Please guide.
I faced similar issue. I applied for PCC before marriage. I faced no issues with IRCC.

Documents submitted for proof of income:
1. Letter from company stating how long you have been employed by the company & your annual income.
2. Most recent payslips of last three months

negarmh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

We finally sent out my application (family class, spouse sponsorship, inland). The postal office says the package was received by cic on August 28th.
Now, I just figured I had used the old checklist, and hence, has not sent my police certificate (I am from Middle East), as the new checklist asks to do.
All the other documents/forms are accurate.

As stressed as I could be, I would be happy if you can help me with some/any of these questions:
  1. Do you know of any application have been rejected, or returned for using the older checklist (they update it in Feb. sometime)?
  2. Anyone having a clue how this is going to affect my application, if they don't reject (or return it)?
  3. What is the best way for me to proceed? I can have my police certificate ready in about a month (and the document has one month of validity!). Should I acquire one right away, and send it in (how would it even be linked to my paper application)? Or should I wait for CiC to get back and ask for a missing document? When is the expected timeline for that?
  4. I couldn't get through talking to a live agent to ask these rather general questions; any tips on who to navigate the CIC regarding these kind of questions? Obviously I don't have an application number yet.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Ours was returned for not signing a form but they can return any with a minor mistake rather than just asking that particular form to be sent by us. Need some changes there as it throws back applicants 2 or 3 months behind all :(

Sep 4, 2018
Hi All.

I Apologize if this already has been answered. Please find my queries below

I am Canadian PR holder who is getting married in December this year and i wanted to know if below options are viable for me as the Spousal Visa Application either inland or outland takes 12 months.

1. Can I start her PR application individually(as a single) for now and once we get married change the martial status and sponsor her then.
2. Should i apply for her visitor visa (as a single) as she has a job and property in her native country.
3. I understand that we have to be living in Canada while sponsoring your spouse. But once the application is linked online can i go back to her native place and track the application online or do I have to be in Canada for the entire duration of the application Process.

Again i apologize if this questions have been answered and thank you for all your help

Kareeeniinaa

Sep 4, 2018
Hi,

How long it takes for final review. We applied for spousal sponsorship on Nov 2017 and got my medical Request on Jan 2018 and all our files are passed and valid. We called MP and the cic said that our application is waiting for final review and decision will be made soon. Is anyone know how long it takes? Thank you (VO Manila Ph)

ssknair

Aug 17, 2017
Hi All.

I Apologize if this already has been answered. Please find my queries below

I am Canadian PR holder who is getting married in December this year and i wanted to know if below options are viable for me as the Spousal Visa Application either inland or outland takes 12 months.

1. Can I start her PR application individually(as a single) for now and once we get married change the martial status and sponsor her then.
2. Should i apply for her visitor visa (as a single) as she has a job and property in her native country.
3. I understand that we have to be living in Canada while sponsoring your spouse. But once the application is linked online can i go back to her native place and track the application online or do I have to be in Canada for the entire duration of the application Process.

Again i apologize if this questions have been answered and thank you for all your help
1. You cannot start the application under spousal sponsorship as marriage certificate is one of the very important documents to be submitted. This will help to convince the officials that your marriage is genuine and your eligibility to sponsor depends on this. If you were part of a conjugal relationship it would have been different. I would suggest, get the documents ready and wait till you get your marriage certificate to proceed.

2. Visit visa at this point might make sense, as you are not married. If she got good travel history and no ties in Canada, it might work. But from my experience, if you apply after your application it will get rejected. The officials will think that you are trying to get her in to Canada as you cannot wait till the sponsorship is done. Try applying but what I would suggest is ask a lawyer before you do anything.

3. If you are a PR it is advised to reduce travel till you get a confirmation of sponsorship. It is always advised to show proofs that you are staying with your wife and are in a very convincing relationship. This helps your application. My wife is a Canadian citizen and she moved here for a year to India after our wedding. We have enough proofs including photographs, rental contracts, investments etc to show that our relationship was a genuine one. This was advised by our lawyer. But I have heard that there is some difference with a PR and a Citizen in-terms of saying out of Canada. Please check this.

Kareeeniinaa

Sep 4, 2018
Hi,

How long it takes for final review. We applied for spousal sponsorship on Nov 2017 and got my medical Request on Jan 2018 and all our files are passed and valid. We called MP and the cic said that our application is waiting for final review and decision will be made soon. Is anyone know how long it takes? Thank you (VO Manila Ph)