NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
Hi,

what are the common loopholes for which a spousal sponsorship application gets rejected?

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
You don't have to add your last name on spouse's Passport. NDVO will issue Visa as it is. And once spouse reaches here, last names will be added as you are the husband. On the other hand if her Passport is not made yet OR expiring very soon then do this;-
Go marry her> She then applies for new or renewal of existing ppt, , with her last name as yours. Otherwise leave everything as it is. My wife had no ppt , we married then she got new ppt with my name on it. I have seen wifes coming with middle names ONLY on their ppt; visa issued as it is but here in Canada they added husband's last name on her IDs. Indian ppt has SURNAME, GIVEN NAMES , NATIONALITY so on, but no other names, except on last page> which can only be added if she makes a new ppt or applies for modifications [one guy had to pay huge bribe just to change similar things on his wife's passport, wife left him later on as she did MOC] But there is no need at all..Very simple! Any other Qs please ask :)

Thanks Buddy ..someone had told me that husband name on wife's passport (spouse section ) strengthens the spousal sponsorship case as it is genuine relationship .It expedites the overall process and adds a lot of value in your case.
Please suggest if this is really the case.

Meanwhile I will see the process of changing.If that is simple and straight fwd , I will go with that.
Otherwise no.Nearest PSK is New delhi

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
Hi,

I am a Pakistani, born and raised in Dubai.
I want to know Is there anyone living in Dubai and is waiting for spousal visa from their spouse in Canada?
Or Does anyone know how many months does it take to get final decision for application from Dubai?

Thanks

Last edited:

Lizann

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hey guys,

i need help with a letter i got from IRCC

Background:
Sponsor (me): Canadian Citizenship Living in Hong Kong (since June 2017)
PA: Mainland Chinese living in Mainland China

Here are the two questions from IRCC:

1. Credible evidence of your and your spouse’s plans to establish yourself and your family in Canada (i.e. job offers in Canada for each of you and your sponsor , plans to facilitate the establishment of your children, other settlement arrangements, etc.)

Seriously? how do i apply for jobs while i have no idea when i am return to Canada?
In my application, i answered this question at length (6 pages) that states that i have a House and Car in Canada (Alberta) so the bare essentials are not an issue. Secondly, i told them we are saving up now for re-establishment in Canada

2. Credible evidence that you and your spouse have severed, or have begun to severe, your ties to Hong Kong / China (i.e. Letter of Release from the HKSAR Inland Revenue Department for each of you and your sponsor, letter of resignation from current employer, sale or real estate sale listing of your home in Hong Kong / China OR termination of lease, evidence of transition of financial interests and assets from Hong Kong / China to Canada, sales or confirmed shipment of furniture, transition of financial interests from Hong Kong / China to Canada, disposal of other assets, etc.);

For example, if my wife is granted CoPR, say, next July, how does IRCC expect us to resign our jobs now?

One very basic fact applies to your situation and is the reason they are asking you to prove your plans to return to Canada - when you sponsor someone you should be living in Canada - unless you are working for a Canadian company overseas - and unless you can prove one of the two .... you have a rough road ahead. You are fortunate they are at least asking you to prove it an not just reject you on the basis that you are not living and working in Canada - citizen or not

Reactions: Cherry Kola

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi
i need help..my husband live in pakistan ..i just sponsered my husbnd in june by submitting application but more than 2 months has passed i dont receive any confirmation mail or not even my documents were returned..so m confused how can i know they accept it or not..is the 2 month cut off period for confirmation or it can take more time..? i just send my documents to missisauga but now m confused did i send it to the wrong place..? or it should be sent to sydney..
anyone can help
It normally takes 6-8 weeks to get AOR but that is not a cut-off. It can take longer. You can call IRCC to ask.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys,

i need help with a letter i got from IRCC

Background:
Sponsor (me): Canadian Citizenship Living in Hong Kong (since June 2017)
PA: Mainland Chinese living in Mainland China

Here are the two questions from IRCC:

1. Credible evidence of your and your spouse’s plans to establish yourself and your family in Canada (i.e. job offers in Canada for each of you and your sponsor , plans to facilitate the establishment of your children, other settlement arrangements, etc.)

Seriously? how do i apply for jobs while i have no idea when i am return to Canada?
In my application, i answered this question at length (6 pages) that states that i have a House and Car in Canada (Alberta) so the bare essentials are not an issue. Secondly, i told them we are saving up now for re-establishment in Canada

2. Credible evidence that you and your spouse have severed, or have begun to severe, your ties to Hong Kong / China (i.e. Letter of Release from the HKSAR Inland Revenue Department for each of you and your sponsor, letter of resignation from current employer, sale or real estate sale listing of your home in Hong Kong / China OR termination of lease, evidence of transition of financial interests and assets from Hong Kong / China to Canada, sales or confirmed shipment of furniture, transition of financial interests from Hong Kong / China to Canada, disposal of other assets, etc.);

For example, if my wife is granted CoPR, say, next July, how does IRCC expect us to resign our jobs now?
Letters from friends and family confirming the move, job searches/contact with job contacts, plan of how you will both get employment, assessment of any foreign education for your spouse, contact with schools to enroll kids, proof of transferring money to Canada, shipping quotes etc.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks Buddy ..someone had told me that husband name on wife's passport (spouse section ) strengthens the spousal sponsorship case as it is genuine relationship .It expedites the overall process and adds a lot of value in your case.
Please suggest if this is really the case.

Meanwhile I will see the process of changing.If that is simple and straight fwd , I will go with that.
Otherwise no.Nearest PSK is New delhi
It does not add strength or value and most certainly does not expedite the case. People in fake marriages change their passports too.

Reactions: Riri16

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
One very basic fact applies to your situation and is the reason they are asking you to prove your plans to return to Canada - when you sponsor someone you should be living in Canada - unless you are working for a Canadian company overseas - and unless you can prove one of the two .... you have a rough road ahead. You are fortunate they are at least asking you to prove it an not just reject you on the basis that you are not living and working in Canada - citizen or not
This is wrong. A Canadian citizen can sponsor their spouse while outside of Canada regardless. There is no requirement to be working for a Canadian company.

I&D2018

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
This is wrong. A Canadian citizen can sponsor their spouse while outside of Canada regardless. There is no requirement to be working for a Canadian company.
Thanks for confirming that, that response made no sense. That said no effort to find a job in Canada and no adequate savings I could see for see being a "red flag".

Aug 28, 2018
calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2018
File Transfer...
07-02-2018
Med's Request
16-01-2018
Med's Done....
30-01-2018
Hi All,

I need a help to understand the processing time for my wife applications
I applied for her sponsership in November 8 ,2017 and got the file number in January 6, 2018
medical was done by end of January and Schedule A was checked also in January. I got a mail from CIC that her is file is send for further processing to my home country( New Delhi) in 15th February, 2018. Its been more than 7 months now still waiting for any updates.
last time when i checked with my lawyer on first week of July it was on background check status

online portal still shows as In Process

Any idea on timeline when it should be expected please let me know

Thank you

CanadaIsNo1

Jul 18, 2018
hi! I met to my spouse (husband) since 2008 and after sometime we get married recently in Apr, 2018. My spouse live in Canada and he is Canadian national while i'm in Pakistan, please update me how can i apply for immigration to Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Reactions: Ivan Duhok

Sarahmary

May 18, 2017
Hi everyone and apologies if this question has already been answered. I did have a scan of some previous pages but I haven't come across this one yet.

If you apply for PR outside of Canada, is there an amount of time once it has been approved that you have to get to Canada? I have tried looking for this answer directly on the website but haven't been successful. Any info on this would be fantastic.