+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

huanyubai

Aug 17, 2018
In that case the SWAP program will not work.

Only option I see is to get married. Your girlfriend can then apply for an open work permit based on your study permit.
I see , By the way does anyone else can sponsor her or us to do common in law assume we comform everything . Sorry for keep asking, when i told her i can’t spons her she was getting mad at me. I need to explain this question

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I see , By the way does anyone else can sponsor her or us to do common in law assume we comform everything . Sorry for keep asking, when i told her i can’t spons her she was getting mad at me. I need to explain this question
Again, I don't understand this question. It doesn't make sense. Someone else cannot sponsor you as common law. To qualify as common law, you have to live together for a full year first.

newbee2391

Star Member
May 6, 2014
COURT marriage itself can raise Red flag. But then if can prove all your relationships from day1 to present, it will be a success. NDVO definitely questions Court Marriages with no ceremonies at all. Wish you Best of Luck. SO even if a person hates to do Ceremonies, he/she will have to do those. Other words we are forced to produce fake proofs just to prove the real honest thing! And we can't simply blame NDVO, they suspect wherever they can; as per past histories, people have misused the system.
We had our engagement ceremony done the day before and then the court marriage in India. We are planning to have the marriage ceremony once he's here as we have friends and family in Canada as well who couldn't make it for our engagement/legal wedding.
Hopefully they are understanding of this.

huanyubai

Aug 17, 2018
Again, I don't understand this question. It doesn't make sense. Someone else cannot sponsor you as common law. To qualify as common law, you have to live together for a full year first.
Thank you so much. Still learning.English,Sorry for that. I mean if we do live together for one year,then what happened when we do the common law .You know I am not a Canadian citizen,who gonna sponsor her?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much. Still learning.English,Sorry for that. I mean if we do live together for one year,then what happened when we do the common law .You know I am not a Canadian citizen,who gonna sponsor her?
Once you have lived together for a full year, she can apply for an open work permit based on your study permit.

Pennywise101

Star Member
Jan 12, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
The only way to sponsor is if she is married to a Canadian Citizen. If you are not a Canadian citizen and a citizen to China, and you are here yourself as an international student then Canada is expecting you to go back once you have finished your studies. If you yourself somehow become a Canadian citizen, IE through marriage to a Canadian then you will never be able to sponsor her to come to Canada either. There are only a few ways to come to Canada legally.

* Marriage to a Canadian citizen
* International Student
* Refugee
* Points system (very difficult to do and only a small pool of people are chosen annually)
* A Canadian company hires you to work for them. Possibly a doctor as an example that is specialized, but Canada has many doctors. (very difficult to get a Canadian company to do this)

Your situation does not look promising at all unfortunately. I am just being honest.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
We had our engagement ceremony done the day before and then the court marriage in India. We are planning to have the marriage ceremony once he's here as we have friends and family in Canada as well who couldn't make it for our engagement/legal wedding.
Hopefully they are understanding of this.
OK then have him visit here by inviting. Any friend or relative can send an INVITATION to visit. But if he is coming here to marry he will not even get a visitor's Visa. But visiting without intention to stay may be allowed; that also has to meet conditions like;--
You must also:
satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
  • show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
  • not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
  • be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
  • not be a risk to the security of Canada,
  • provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
  • be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).

Also:-
You must include this information about the person you are inviting:
  • complete name,
  • date of birth,
  • address and telephone number,
  • your relationship to the person,
  • the purpose of the trip,
  • how long the person plans to stay in Canada,
  • where the person will stay, and how he or she will pay for things, and
  • when the person plans to leave Canada.
You must include this information about yourself:

• complete name,
  • date of birth,
  • address and telephone number in Canada,
  • job title,
  • whether you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
  • a photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada, such as
    • a Canadian birth certificate, if you were born in Canada,
    • a Canadian citizenship card, if you are a naturalized citizen, or
    • a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing, if you are a permanent resident,
  • details of your family, such as names and dates of birth of your spouse and dependants (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa), and
  • the total number of people living in your household, including people you sponsored whose sponsorship is still in effect (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa)

newbee2391

Star Member
May 6, 2014
OK then have him visit here by inviting. Any friend or relative can send an INVITATION to visit. But if he is coming here to marry he will not even get a visitor's Visa. But visiting without intention to stay may be allowed; that also has to meet conditions like;--
You must also:
satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
  • show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
  • not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
  • be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
  • not be a risk to the security of Canada,
  • provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
  • be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).

Also:-
You must include this information about the person you are inviting:
  • complete name,
  • date of birth,
  • address and telephone number,
  • your relationship to the person,
  • the purpose of the trip,
  • how long the person plans to stay in Canada,
  • where the person will stay, and how he or she will pay for things, and
  • when the person plans to leave Canada.
You must include this information about yourself:

• complete name,
  • date of birth,
  • address and telephone number in Canada,
  • job title,
  • whether you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
  • a photocopy of a document proving your status in Canada, such as
    • a Canadian birth certificate, if you were born in Canada,
    • a Canadian citizenship card, if you are a naturalized citizen, or
    • a copy of your PR card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing, if you are a permanent resident,
  • details of your family, such as names and dates of birth of your spouse and dependants (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa), and
  • the total number of people living in your household, including people you sponsored whose sponsorship is still in effect (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa)
Hey Thanks for the info - since we are already legally married I thought I would get the sponsorship part out the way and submit his papers and when his comes here would have the ceremony.
I have pictures of our engagement ceremony and party and then pictures of us legally getting married.
Unfortunately my dad passed away the following month after our marriage and my husband came down to India for the funeral as well. (we have few pictures from there too)
Hopefully seeing all this and our chat and call history for the past year, the officer would not judge otherwise.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hey Thanks for the info - since we are already legally married I thought I would get the sponsorship part out the way and submit his papers and when his comes here would have the ceremony.
I have pictures of our engagement ceremony and party and then pictures of us legally getting married.
Unfortunately my dad passed away the following month after our marriage and my husband came down to India for the funeral as well. (we have few pictures from there too)
Hopefully seeing all this and our chat and call history for the past year, the officer would not judge otherwise.
That sounds good. And keep maximum proofs with you even if you don't submit all pics, those could be used in case!

newbee2391

Star Member
May 6, 2014
That sounds good. And keep maximum proofs with you even if you don't submit all pics, those could be used in case!
  • But Coming back to my original question - given my situation what additional backup could I provide?
I thought of submitting a 'will' (for property that I own) and have my husband''s name on it. would that help since we don't have insurance policies where both our names are on it.​

Or anything else that I could provide?​

• Secondly for all Skype/whatsapp messages do I have to send screenshots of our chats or the downloaded history of our chats on Word would work as communication proof?

vansharora

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER 10 Mar
AOR Received.
21 May
File Transfer...
SLU 7-July
Med's Request
8 July
Med's Done....
13 July & TLU 21 July
Interview........
Waived off ... DM 22 Aug
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
Soon....
Yes, you should list all those dates from March 10th to April 30th as your visits in IMM 5532.
thanks for your reply. :)

but i was not in relationship till the commitment ceremony which was held on 14th March and i was in India. and after that i was always with her until i left to Canada... will it still be considered a visit to her during the relationship?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
In my opinion, it should be still listed as a visit from March 10th as you travelled there in purposely to see her, right? You can explain all the details like you did here in that part “is there anything you wish to share in support of your relationship” at the bottom of this form. You can also split that visit in parts like for example March 10th-the date of your wedding- visiting-not staying in the same location (if you didn’t live together), then the date of your wedding -April 30rd- visiting -staying in the same location (if you did live together after your wedding). Just explain in the bottom part of the form that you travelled there to visit her on March 10th but you only got into relationship with her on March 14th so they will see the development of your relationship.

vansharora

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER 10 Mar
AOR Received.
21 May
File Transfer...
SLU 7-July
Med's Request
8 July
Med's Done....
13 July & TLU 21 July
Interview........
Waived off ... DM 22 Aug
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
Soon....
In my opinion, it should be still listed as a visit from March 10th as you travelled there in purposely to see her, right? You can explain all the details like you did here in that part “is there anything you wish to share in support of your relationship” at the bottom of this form. You can also split that visit in parts like for example March 10th-the date of your wedding- visiting-not staying in the same location (if you didn’t live together), then the date of your wedding -April 30rd- visiting -staying in the same location (if you did live together after your wedding). Just explain in the bottom part of the form that you travelled there to visit her on March 10th but you only got into relationship with her on March 14th so they will see the development of your relationship.

thanks a lot for your help. Appreciate it :) (y)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I thought of submitting a 'will'
A will or insurance beneficiary doesn't necessarily get a visa however adds up as a +ve point to your relationship. They also gave Visa to a married cpl who had nothing in common except LOVE, they had submitted a prenup agreement as well! Forget about wills or insurance etc.. Above things are more important for inland applicants who are living together already.
You can submit maximum of 10 pages of all your chats or phone records, but make sure don't print both sides of papers. They don't want both sides printed for some reason as per my past experience from other threads. Yes screen shots is best way OR a camera photos taken from cell phone is same thing. You can use MS word, make/create 4 to 6 tables on each page, paste your records 6 on a single page, scan and upload or send as it is.:)

Deke

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Albania
Visa Office......
Rome
App. Filed.......
16 11 2017
Doc's Request.
13 01 2018
Med's Request
23 01 2018
Med's Done....
30 01 2018
Hi to everyone who is waiting for any response from the visa office in Rome. We ve been waiting 9months now.
We submitted our application in November 2017. Anyone got any news ? Please , ,