+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Riri16

May 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
i didnt recieve AOR2. mine is in london visa office. is it important to have one? should we request for AOR2 again? they said if they need anything, they will call...!?

is the online application tracking number mentioned on AOR1 or AOR2?
Some visa offices send AOR2 some don't. I believe it depends on the officer working on your file.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Thank you so much for your reply, very grateful, it was alot clear and helpful!
one more thing id like to ask here, is the ecas number on the first receipt/AOR1?
because we are not able to track our application online. we donot know if the tracking number is suppose to be the number mentioned on AOR 1 or AOR 2
Yes, you can access your ecas with either your application number or UCI-they both should be in your AOR1.

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi Guys

I have some doubts/dilemma abt spousal sponsorship.Please suggest after reading below.

I met one girl (pure arranged ) in Apr 2018 in India when I was on a vacation to India.She took some time to decide and we said yes to match in May.There was a kind of unofficial ceremony for that which I was not part of as it was too early for me to go back to India.But I have photographs.

In July, she applied for visitor visa herself with (no ties to me ) as her cousin brother stays in Canada.Purpose of visit was to visit canada and not to stay permamnently. Also She did not declare finacee and stuff.
It got rejected 5 days back.

Now we are getting married in October and I ll file spousal PR after that.

Q1. Does the case seem too complex ? Should I see some Immigration /consultant or I can file her application on my own.
Q2. Starting from when should I show my relation ? May / Aug after visa got refused.

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Hi ,
I got my PR in Mar 2017.
I have a question regarding sponsoring my wife. We were married last year August, we were living with group of 4 friends in a downtown condo, so before marriage all our addresses would be the same? She was a divorcee and got her decree last April. So my question right now is that I have been following some other threads which did indicate there were issues with cases like mine where it took lot of effort, while others had a regular route.

So if I do apply for her sponsorship now after being married for one year and having a house under our name will it still be an issue?

Kindly please help me out.

Thanks

vansharora

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
WARSAW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
PER 10 Mar
AOR Received.
21 May
File Transfer...
SLU 7-July
Med's Request
8 July
Med's Done....
13 July & TLU 21 July
Interview........
Waived off ... DM 22 Aug
Passport Req..
4 Sep 2015
VISA ISSUED...
9 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
Soon....
hi... just need a quick help on this specific question of have you visited each other during relationship (Form IMM5532 Part C Ques 4).
i am PR . I went to India on 10th march to see a girl and got married on 19th april 2018 in India , this was an arrange marriage and lived with my spouse till the 30th of april and had to come to resume my job and i am unable to visit her after marriage.However we did go for honeymoon for 5 days out of country.

now what should be the ans to this ques, as i have lived her and traveled with her to other country, so did i visit her during the relationship??
my dates of travel are 10th march to 21st April india
22th april to 26th april Singapore for honeymoon
27th to 30th april india
and 2nd may till date canada.

I am confused as after relationship i did not had any spl visit to her .

pls help ... Thanks in advance :)

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
hi... just need a quick help on this specific question of have you visited each other during relationship (Form IMM5532 Part C Ques 4).
i am PR . I went to India on 10th march to see a girl and got married on 19th april 2018 in India , this was an arrange marriage and lived with my spouse till the 30th of april and had to come to resume my job and i am unable to visit her after marriage.However we did go for honeymoon for 5 days out of country.

now what should be the ans to this ques, as i have lived her and traveled with her to other country, so did i visit her during the relationship??
my dates of travel are 10th march to 21st April india
22th april to 26th april Singapore for honeymoon
27th to 30th april india
and 2nd may till date canada.

I am confused as after relationship i did not had any spl visit to her .

pls help ... Thanks in advance :)
Yes, you should list all those dates from March 10th to April 30th as your visits in IMM 5532.

Reactions: vansharora

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Does the case seem too complex ?
Not that way , but it will be counted as an "PREVIOUS ATTEMPT" It will show in the CAIPS notes of V.O. But that does not mean she will be rejected. Looks like you stayed over 2 months and have sufficient proofs. This proves marriage is genuine and they will issue Visa.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Guys, could someone help me out on this - I have currently gathering documents for my husbands application. He is currently working in UAE and we had our court marriage few months back in India.
COURT marriage itself can raise Red flag. But then if can prove all your relationships from day1 to present, it will be a success. NDVO definitely questions Court Marriages with no ceremonies at all. Wish you Best of Luck. SO even if a person hates to do Ceremonies, he/she will have to do those. Other words we are forced to produce fake proofs just to prove the real honest thing! And we can't simply blame NDVO, they suspect wherever they can; as per past histories, people have misused the system.

huanyubai

Aug 17, 2018
Hi Everyone,i am a international student who study ME in Sudbury. I just want make the story short and easy to to understand. I am gonna graduate in 2021. My girlfriend was graduated in May 2018 in US. She wants to come to Canada to work. We want to find some way to let her legally work in Canada,then we found may be we can do common in law.Because we are studying in different countries,We didn’t live together one year, but at least 4 months. We have same bank account and some transfer bill. That’s we all have.
Here is the question
1. Can I sponsor her as common law partner ?
2 if i can’t sponsor her , can we find someone else that can sponsor us to do the common law immigration?
I hope here has people can answer me those questions, I will appreciate it!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,i am a international student who study ME in Sudbury. I just want make the story short and easy to to understand. I am gonna graduate in 2021. My girlfriend was graduated in May 2018 in US. She wants to come to Canada to work. We want to find some way to let her legally work in Canada,then we found may be we can do common in law.Because we are studying in different countries,We didn’t live together one year, but at least 4 months. We have same bank account and some transfer bill. That’s we all have.
Here is the question
1. Can I sponsor her as common law partner ?
2 if i can’t sponsor her , can we find someone else that can sponsor us to do the common law immigration?
I hope here has people can answer me those questions, I will appreciate it!
1. No - you can't. To qualify as your common law partner, you must have lived together for at least one full year.
2. I don't understand what you mean by this. She can look into the SWAP program which grants open work permits to recent graduates from the US (who are American citizens). However all of the work permits for this year are gone so the soonest she could apply is next year. Otherwise she would need to get a closed work permit to work in Canada. To get a closed work permit, she needs to secure a job offer in Canada and her employer must obtain an approved LMIA. Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process.

huanyubai

Aug 17, 2018
1. No - you can't. To qualify as your common law partner, you must have lived together for at least one full year.
2. I don't understand what you mean by this. She can look into the SWAP program which grants open work permits to recent graduates from the US (who are American citizens). However all of the work permits for this year are gone so the soonest she could apply is next year. Otherwise she would need to get a closed work permit to work in Canada. To get a closed work permit, she needs to secure a job offer in Canada and her employer must obtain an approved LMIA. Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to find employers willing to go through the LMIA process.
Thank you for helping me. BeacuseB both of us are international student (we come from China ),so i don’t think SWAP program works for us. Sorry,I didn’t mention that.
Actually, we want to find a way that can let my girlfriend come to Canada without taking undergraduate program which she doesn't like to study anymore.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for helping me. BeacuseB both of us are international student (we come from China ),so i don’t think SWAP program works for us. Sorry,I didn’t mention that.
Actually, we want to find a way that can let my girlfriend come to Canada without taking undergraduate program which she doesn't like to study anymore.
In that case the SWAP program will not work.

Only option I see is to get married. Your girlfriend can then apply for an open work permit based on your study permit.

Reactions: huanyubai