+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all
in IM 0008 , about intended occupation for my wife, does it really matter what we write.

would home maker or teacher or self employed make any difference?

is it better to show a continuity of what she has been doing in home country and that the same she would want to continue when shes in Canada ?

thoughts please?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
hi all
in IM 0008 , about intended occupation for my wife, does it really matter what we write.

would home maker or teacher or self employed make any difference?

is it better to show a continuity of what she has been doing in home country and that the same she would want to continue when shes in Canada ?

thoughts please?
In my opinion it doesn’t really matter which occupation you put in there but it would be better to show that your wife does intend to work in Canada and contribute to society etc.

Moican

Jun 1, 2018
Hello everyone!

I am a canadian citizen living in Canada willing to sponser my wife who’s living in the United Arab Emirates, do I need to hire a lawyer or should I proceed with the application directly?

BM2BC

Jun 1, 2018
Hello everyone!

I am a canadian citizen living in Canada willing to sponser my wife who’s living in the United Arab Emirates, do I need to hire a lawyer or should I proceed with the application directly?
Hi

You can do either way, whichever makes u comfy! :) Goodluck!

In my case, we (me and wife) worked on our application on our own.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
WOW! 1 year!!! I can't imagine the stress you are feeling now.

Any idea why yours took this long?
I think its because of the background history and annex A where she leaved
she went in syria 8 years ago....
the rest everything is fine i think, they transfered the file to bogota office and in queue for process

we will seee...

monarchV

May 30, 2018
Hi,

I am in the process of applying the PR sponsoring for my wife (outland). While filling the applications, in some of the forms it is asking for the UCI number. I have applied visiting visa for my wife and it was rejected in the past. She has an UCI number that way. Am I supposed to use that UCI number while filling in the application or can I leave that section empty?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hi,

I am in the process of applying the PR sponsoring for my wife (outland). While filling the applications, in some of the forms it is asking for the UCI number. I have applied visiting visa for my wife and it was rejected in the past. She has an UCI number that way. Am I supposed to use that UCI number while filling in the application or can I leave that section empty?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks
My situation is exactly like yours and I used her existing UCI

inlovewithacanadian91

Mar 7, 2017
New York
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19/06/2017
My husband sponsored me in and I am planning on landing, but I noticed that I need a letter of recommendation from my employer. What needs to be on that to guarantee my acceptance at the border? Has anyone had to complete this yet?

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
me and my wife studied together.it dates back to 2003 when we went to the same university. we got married in december 2017. we do have some contact proof for all these years and met too whenever i went back home ( i have been working overseas all along) but pre wedding no pictures proof. pictures of wedding events and honeymoon etc are there. should i write some explanation stating that there are no pictures of us before we got married?

any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks