+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mj3

Jun 5, 2018
Please help!...
My husband and I applied for TRV last year and at the time we were engaged but we didn’t mention that, only said bf/gf. It was denied however. We are currently married and applied for spousal sponsorship PR but this time in the application we told our real engagement date. What do you think can happen to our application now can it be denied because we didn’t mention our engagement with the TRV?

prashant.

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/05/2014
Nomination.....
Got PER on 24th September
AOR Received.
hope so .. jsk
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/11/2014
Med's Done....
27/11/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
4/3/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting ... jsk
Hello guys,
Quick question:

How do I get rid of the consultant after putting a file with him ?

Is it okay to do so ?
Does it affect in any negative way on my application?

Please reply.

Thanks in advance

Mar 5, 2018
Hi!

Does anyone have any idea on how i can speed up my FBI polixe check in the US? The CIC website says it can take up to 60 days but we really wanted to have the application sent in sometime this month. I saw someone say something about writing “needed back in 2-3 weeks for immigration purposes” on the envelope for the fbi check. Do you think thats worth a shot?

Fred B

Jun 6, 2018
Port Elgin, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi,

New member here and apologies if this is a redundant question, it's hard to read through 1,800 replies...

I am a Canadian citizen living and working in Canada. My girlfriend and her 14-year old daughter are in the Philippines. We lived together for almost a year and then I moved back to Canada while she is going through a court annulment process. When that is done, we will get married and apply under the Spousal sponsorship.

Has anyone here sponsored a Filipino under similar circumstances recently? I'd love to hear from you.

Fred

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Question to anyone who can reply. We submitted our sponsorship application in May, I have been knowing my current wife for about a year now and we married in February 2018. What do you think our chances are to get approved for visa?

amrin11

Jun 1, 2018
Hi everyone,
Can anyone help me out. I m a pr and i have kept my husband spousal sponsorship application just few days ago. I recently came to know I am pregnant. I live alone in canada and I want my husband to be with me in this situation. He had applied for visit visa before but it got rejected. What can we do so that he can get visit visa to canada in this situation. As I dont think I can live in this condition alone for long.

Should we wait for his application number and than apply for his visit visa with pregenancy results? whats the chance
Or should I apply right away with pregnancy result for his visit visa.

The only other option left is I travel to india when on mat leave and get baby born there, but than he/she wont get citizenship.

Please guide me in this process it will be really helpful. I am currently in difficult situation so. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
Can anyone help me out. I m a pr and i have kept my husband spousal sponsorship application just few days ago. I recently came to know I am pregnant. I live alone in canada and I want my husband to be with me in this situation. He had applied for visit visa before but it got rejected. What can we do so that he can get visit visa to canada in this situation. As I dont think I can live in this condition alone for long.

Should we wait for his application number and than apply for his visit visa with pregenancy results? whats the chance
Or should I apply right away with pregnancy result for his visit visa.

The only other option left is I travel to india when on mat leave and get baby born there, but than he/she wont get citizenship.

Please guide me in this process it will be really helpful. I am currently in difficult situation so. Thanks.
You can certainly try applying for the TRV again. However given you have applied to sponsor your husband for PR, the TRV will most likely be refused again since CIC knows your husband has intentions of remaining in Canada long term. Having said that, you can always try.

Note that as a PR, you must be living in Canada in order to qualify to sponsor your husband for PR, If your husband's TRV is refused again and you decide to leave Canada for a few months, you should expect that your husband's sponsorship application will be refused. This will also mean that you will have to sponsor your new baby for PR which you can only do from inside of Canada.

amrin11

Jun 1, 2018
You can certainly try applying for the TRV again. However given you have applied to sponsor your husband for PR, the TRV will most likely be refused again since CIC knows your husband has intentions of remaining in Canada long term. Having said that, you can always try.

Note that as a PR, you must be living in Canada in order to qualify to sponsor your husband for PR, If your husband's TRV is refused again and you decide to leave Canada for a few months, you should expect that your husband's sponsorship application will be refused. This will also mean that you will have to sponsor your new baby for PR which you can only do from inside of Canada.
What if I go on mat leave, they cant cancel his application if I am on mat leave right. And some people said me its easy to get vistor visa after you have application number of pr

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What if I go on mat leave, they cant cancel his application if I am on mat leave right. And some people said me its easy to get vistor visa after you have application number of pr
The fact you are on mat leave makes no difference. And yes - of course they can cancel the application if you are on mat leave - being on mat leave has nothing to do with immigration. If his application isn't finalized and you leave for several months, then you will no longer meet the requirements for sponsorship and should expect the application may be refused. Until his application is finalized and approved, you need to keep your trips outside of Canada short (i.e. 2-3 weeks) and not very frequent.

No - it's certainly not easy to get a TRV once you have an application number. Generally speaking, it's harder once a PR application has been submitted.

abdsyr

Dec 15, 2016
Typically, for spousal sponsorship applications, after the expiration of a medical exam, how long does it take before the applicant is able to schedule it again? Anyone has had experience with this question using the new process? Thank you