canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good day,
My current situation is I'm currently working in Canada with an open 2 years work permit and currently my Canadian fiancé of 14 months wants to mail in the application to sponsor me very soon , under common law . My work permits ends in September 2018 ,do I have too still apply for an open work permit since I already have one with her sponsorship application,we already got everything filled out , only seeing cases with principal applicant "like me" doesn't have an open work permit and has to apply for one whereas I have already have one valid .
Another thing my daughter is included in the family sponsorship as dependent class A , currently she is not Canada but finishing her school term back in my home country , we already included her but not to come to canada " non accompanying " till her school term is finished next two years from now ,she does have a valid visitor visa to come during the holidays , do we have to include her dependent child fees now with the application or later ?

Thank you.
Assuming you are applying inland, yes, you sill have to include the OWP app if you want to continue to work. Submitting a PR app does not grant any form of status or any right to work. Otherwise, you will need to change your status to visitor before your current work permit expires.

You do not pay fees for non-accompanying dependents.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everybody!.

This is my case i hope you guys can give me some help, I'm an Colombian citizen married with a Canadian and we have a newborn baby, i found a job offer in canada to start working in the summer, i want to immigrate to canada soon as possible but I'm not sure about how i should apply.
No chance you will be able to work by summer. Your spouse needs to apply to sponsor you. Expect it to take around a year.

Dennispham

Jan 26, 2017
Hi everyone, i am international student as holding study permit . I also being sponsor by my spouse ( of course in-land Canada). I just submitted my schedule A background by CIC request. However, I made a mistake in personal history, which is I forgot to input my current part time job ( I only inputted my current full time diploma since I am international student so I just put my school that i am attending ). Also when my spouse sent the first application, we attached my employee job letter, by my boss, and we wrote that i am working part time in submission letter too ( means I did not hide it but just did not put it in personal history ). And should I add more information to IRCC ( i will add one more row in personal history)

And my second question is : I used to attend a ESL school ( just 3 months ). But once before, I used both ESL school and my current college letter of enrollment to renew my study permit. Should I fill that ESL school into either Personal history and Education history in the form ( I did not write about that ESL school since they said secondary ,post-secondary and apprenticeship training ).
I just write a brief explanation but they want me to submit along with document by filling out the IRCC , if not they cannot give it to professor.

SO what should i do now ( just leave it and wait and will explain if they ask or add more row and explain to them ) . I am so nervous now.
Thanks for reading!

arash2018

Mar 15, 2018
Austria vienna
Category........
File Transfer...
1 AUGUST 2016
Med's Request
second medical 22.02.2018
Med's Done....
Interview........
no interview
I am Canadian citizens, and I sponsored ,my husband from Vienna Austria, he is residents of Vienna not citizens.
On May ,2016 I Applied all the sponsorship Documents.
On July ,27,I received letter from CIC that ,I met the all requirements and now the case has been forwarded to Vienna visa office.
Till that day, waiting for such long background check , it's 2018 finally my husband got email on February 22,2018 that they need ,re-medical and new police certificate.
My husband submitted all and on March 8,got email that his medical is passed.
Now still waiting for police verifications.
ANY BODY KNOW HOW LONG MORE WILL THE VIENNA POLICE TO VERIFY THE CERTIFICATE? ?
I am 5 months pregnant ,very stress about it,took too long I hope they do faster these things now.
Please help me with information.is it the last stage of process I hope :/??

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Assuming you are applying inland, yes, you sill have to include the OWP app if you want to continue to work. Submitting a PR app does not grant any form of status or any right to work. Otherwise, you will need to change your status to visitor before your current work permit expires.

You do not pay fees for non-accompanying dependents.
Thank you ,yes I'm applying inland ,and I will include the OWP app.

But the 3 question in change condition extend my stay IMM 5710 what box do i click , An initial work permit or restoration as a worker ?

No. 8 question , country " Canada" , status "worker " , ( from / to ). do I put the duration of my open work permit from the time it started to the date it will be up ?

And the fees do I pay just the $100 or more ?

Since submitting both sponsorship and OWP app. together , do we have to include the satautory declaration of common law union ( IMM 5409) form it say's applicable .

Last edited:

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
How long does it take the background check for spousal sponsorship
It depends entirely on the situation, the country the PA lives in, etc.

If the PA has been in the military or a member of the country's police force, expect the background check to take a long time. Age is also a factor.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to say. If your situation is "normal", you can reasonably expect the entire process to take roughly 10-12 months (a little less if you're lucky).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you ,yes I'm applying inland ,and I will include the OWP app.

But the 3 question in change condition extend my stay IMM 5710 what box do i click , An initial work permit or restoration as a worker ?

No. 8 question , country " Canada" , status "worker " , ( from / to ). do I put the duration of my open work permit from the time it started to the date it will be up ?

And the fees do I pay just the $100 or more ?

Since submitting both sponsorship and OWP app. together , do we have to include the satautory declaration of common law union ( IMM 5409) form it say's applicable .
3. "An initial work permit..."

8. Yes, use the expiry of your current permit.

You need to pay $255: the $100 Open Work Permit holder fee and the $155 Work Permit fee.

I don't believe the Stat Dec is required for the inland OWP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks for your time, i know it's can take a year and i need to be there in almost 2 months that's why I don't know if apply for a work visa and when i get to canada apply for a permanent resident
On what grounds do you think you qualify for a work permit? Just having a job offer doesn't qualify you.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Good day,
My current situation is I'm currently working in Canada with an open 2 years work permit and currently my Canadian fiancé of 14 months wants to mail in the application to sponsor me very soon , under common law . My work permits ends in September 2018 ,do I have too still apply for an open work permit since I already have one with her sponsorship application,we already got everything filled out , only seeing cases with principal applicant "like me" doesn't have an open work permit and has to apply for one whereas I have already have one valid .
Another thing my daughter is included in the family sponsorship as dependent class A , currently she is not Canada but finishing her school term back in my home country , we already included her but not to come to canada " non accompanying " till her school term is finished next two years from now ,she does have a valid visitor visa to come during the holidays , do we have to include her dependent child fees now with the application or later ?

Thank you.
1) Better to apply OWP because its takes 4 months. You will get 2 years work permit.
2) For your Daughter, include her name and pay fees, currently its easy to sponser her on this file, otherwise its complicated later on. Explain her situation and include the name, say she will accompany you later, currently she is in xyz country for study.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
hello everyone!
I'm sponsoring my spouse under family class outside Canada. and I already sent my application Documents but the problem is the payment receipt was not included to the document i sent, what should i do? will they reject the application or will i received an email regarding the missing payment receipt
95% chances - return it back, because docs are incomplete without fees receipt. Just wait and watch, you can't contact CIC because you dont have file no. Once you got the file no. you can contact and send the receipt, but chances are very less.
5% chances - they will ask you.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi everybody!.

This is my case i hope you guys can give me some help, I'm an Colombian citizen married with a Canadian and we have a newborn baby, i found a job offer in canada to start working in the summer, i want to immigrate to canada soon as possible but I'm not sure about how i should apply.
if you have offer letter and company want to sponser you, apply for WP. Include your passport, offer letter, Company details, your wife Citizenship doc. your marriage certificate, add as more information as you can then Government will take a decision on it.
OR apply your Visitor visa, come here and apply for file and OWP together.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi There,

Could you please help me out with the below question,
  • I got married in the month of November and applied for TRV for my wife which got rejected twice
First reason:

Not enough financial support inspite of me showing my balance in bank statement.

I have got the CA evaluation showing the properties and funds from hometown(India), where my wife is.

Rejected again,

Second reason

• Not sure if you will return back to own country after authorized period of stay.
I think this was because she has finished her studies and wasn’t working there. But i have also provided the return travel iternary.

Now I’m going to file for spousal.

My question comes here,

Can i apply TRV again after filing for spousal and it will be in process or is it better to give TRV one more try before submitting the spousal application?

Thanks in advance.
Apply TRV again on your behalf, show your fund in Canada because you are husband and explanation letter, we didnt get enough time to spend each other after marriage because of job and I will take full responsibility, she will be back in home country after x months and she has lots of responsibility also like take care of parents and bro/sis. therefore she will back. Now summer is going to start in Canada, we want to share some quality time together. Canada government also want all family together, so plz trust on me... try your luck once again, not a big deal. Make your file more powerful so they will not reject, once she is here, apply PR file, no need to go back.

Reactions: Sreeh1989

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
I recently applied to sponsor my wife lasty week, how cna we know- they acknowledgment of received the applications and they started processing on that?

do we get any email or something and?
ofcourse they will send you email and your file no. later you have to attached ur file online account. They will provide you all thr steps, dont worry, wait and watch.