+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

halohalo88

Jun 25, 2017
Hi i just want to ask on how you fill.up the form in generic application (imm0008) on the current address. Is it your address or the address of your spouse? Im a bit confused here since there were some instructions that said ti indicate the address on the release if information from your application to a representative (which is my husband who acts my representative since he will be receiving all our correspondence), is it his address and his email address that i will be writing and not mine? Currently, i am writing

I filled up those forms last June, so I'm not quite sure..

imm0008 is to be filled out by the applicant, so I guess it should be your address not his..

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi guys I'm new to this forum.
I'm sending my spousal sponsorship application next week, Can my wife send her visitor visa application a week after? would that be refused or there's still a chance that she might get it since she has a good job in our country with very good income. I apologize if this question has been asked before.Thanks
She can apply for tourist visa anytime, it's not connected with the sponsorship

Markjoh

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Tarlac
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
May 26
Doc's Request.
Aom and nbi june 20 schedule A
AOR Received.
July 13,2017
File Transfer...
July 13
Med's Request
June 29
Med's Done....
July 5
Interview........
Sana wala
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
It means they will send you a request for your passport soon. You mean This November right? Because last November was in 2016 and that’s too long to be waiting
Yes its 2017.. how many months will I have to wait for ppr?

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
I filled up those forms last June, so I'm not quite sure..

imm0008 is to be filled out by the applicant, so I guess it should be your address not his..
Ok i see. Thanks. I just placed my address. By the way, in Schedule background A, the last page was asking about the address for the past 10 years or or your 18th birthday. whichever is most recent. Do not exclude any period of time in this time frame. Do you have any idea about these? I have already filled up. My address started out when i was born till my 18th birthday. Then we transferred to a new location when i was 19 years old up to present. Is this ok?

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
She can apply for tourist visa anytime, it's not connected with the sponsorship
Hi i am also sending my spousal sponsorship application within this month. My question is what would be the best information or reason to use if we want to apply for TRV with my husband who is know a PR in canada. We have applied for TRV last June 2017 but our application was refused. It said "given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties. I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada." We dont know what those meant since the reason for the refusal was so broad.

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
Hi everyone! My husband will be sending our spousal sponsorship application within this month. My question is what would be the best reason to use if we want to apply for TRV with my husband who is know a PR in canada. We have applied for TRV last June 2017 but our application was refused. It said "given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties. I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada." We dont know what it meant since the reason for the refusal was so broad. Your advise on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hi everyone! My husband will be sending our spousal sponsorship application within this month. My question is what would be the best reason to use if we want to apply for TRV with my husband who is know a PR in canada. We have applied for TRV last June 2017 but our application was refused. It said "given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties. I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada." We dont know what it meant since the reason for the refusal was so broad. Your advise on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
What country are you from?

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
We never filled out that imm5476 because we don’t have a representative. Do you have one?
Hi. Based on what i have understood on the document checklist, you need to fill.up the imm5476 use of representative form esp when your spouse is the one applying for you (spouse is your sponsor) and you as the principal applicant. Otherwise, your whole application will be returned. It doesnt mean that you should hire a lawyer. If both of you are working on the documents, you put your spouse (sponsor) as ur representative. Please refer to this link for use of representative guidelines. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5561E.asp
Hope this helps.

IyahIsha

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi. Based on what i have understood on the document checklist, you need to fill.up the imm5476 use of representative form esp when your spouse is the one applying for you (spouse is your sponsor) and you as the principal applicant. Otherwise, your whole application will be returned. It doesnt mean that you should hire a lawyer. If both of you are working on the documents, you put your spouse (sponsor) as ur representative. Please refer to this link for use of representative guidelines. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5561E.asp
Hope this helps.
Hello. I've sent already our Application last August. We also don't have a representative so I didn't include the IMM5476. Luckily, it wasn't returned. But if you are the sponsor and you want to know the details of your Application status you can submit one then.

IyahIsha

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Thats good to hear. What is the status of your application today?
Medical received is the 4th line on our ECAS. I'm the sponsor and my spouse is from the Philippines and it was already transferred to Manila VO. Waiting for the Background Check to start and hopefully no additional documents. But based on what I read the BGC will take 3-6 months before they will start processing from the time it was transferred. How about yours?

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
Medical received is the 4th line on our ECAS. I'm the sponsor and my spouse is from the Philippines and it was already transferred to Manila VO. Waiting for the Background Check to start and hopefully no additional documents. But based on what I read the BGC will take 3-6 months before they will start processing from the time it was transferred. How about yours?
Thats so good for you. We submitted our documents last sept 2017 but sadly it was returned because of one lacking information (postal code of my husband's home address) and i am preparing for the whole new set of documents (new documents since cic have updated forms for oct 2017) to be submitted this month. That is why i, as a wife since most of the informations and signatures are coming from me, we are so conscious and keen to details of the guidelines written in cic website coz we dont want our documents to be returned again. We waited for almost 2 months hoping it will be processed but only to know it was just returned due to one missing info.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have used highlights of conversations of different periods starting from the very beginning to confirm our long time relationship
I just found out that our previous chats were deleted because we had some relationship problems. I am working on a letter to explain why we can only provide history of conversation from July 2016 onward. Is there any other way?

I will also be using pictures of our travels (good thing it's still there).