+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

halohalo88

Jun 25, 2017
I requested for cenomar since i dont know of that AOM not until you described it earlier. I was just confident that cenomar and aom are pretty much the same. I just hope that the cenomar i have requested last Wednesday, an Aom will be released or given to me instead of cenomar hehe

I think there's nothing to be worried about since you're already married, they will no longer give you Cenomar but AOM instead, as what I said to be able to get AOM, you'll have to fill up the form for obtaining CENOMAR.. So I guess you everything would be fine...

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, spouse sponsorship.. just got DM this evening.. hehe
Ok we are on the same boat. do u have an idea on what to write on the type of application in the use of representative imm5476 section A no. 3. I wrote family class - spousal. I just want to be sure.

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
I think there's nothing to be worried about since you're already married, they will no longer give you Cenomar but AOM instead, as what I said to be able to get AOM, you'll have to fill up the form for obtaining CENOMAR.. So I guess you everything would be fine...
Thank you very much for your help my friend. Your replies to my queries really help.

Reactions: halohalo88

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, spouse sponsorship.. just got DM this evening.. hehe
Hi i just want to ask on how you fill.up the form in generic application (imm0008) on the current address. Is it your address or the address of your spouse? Im a bit confused here since there were some instructions that said ti indicate the address on the release if information from your application to a representative (which is my husband who acts my representative since he will be receiving all our correspondence), is it his address and his email address that i will be writing and not mine? Currently, i am writing

fseyfi

Nov 16, 2017
Hi guys I'm new to this forum.
I'm sending my spousal sponsorship application next week, Can my wife send her visitor visa application a week after? would that be refused or there's still a chance that she might get it since she has a good job in our country with very good income. I apologize if this question has been asked before.Thanks

Last edited:

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, can somebody help me. I was working through representative lawyer until today for my wife's spousal sponsorship. They paid to CIC on my behalf, They used my credit card, now I dont want to work with them anymore. I just want to refund my fees that they paid to CIC , so that I can pay it later when I am submitting the application on my own.

John Ey

Oct 22, 2017
Hi, can somebody help me. I was working through representative lawyer until today for my wife's spousal sponsorship. They paid to CIC on my behalf, They used my credit card, now I dont want to work with them anymore. I just want to refund my fees that they paid to CIC , so that I can pay it later when I am submitting the application on my own.
why would they refund your fees that they paid to CIC, it is not even money they are charging you. They paid CIC because you asked them to and now because you changed your mind you expect to get that money back? The CIC does not refund fees on applications.

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
That is the target for apps submitted after Dec 2016. Apps submitted before then still show the posted processing time of 26 months.
Oh my God, I didn't know that. I feel quite devastated now, I spoke with immigration today and they said everything looks great and that they don't need any more papers from me anymore. How, they are just verifying my background check at the moment. My wife was already approve as a sponsor and I was also approved as an applicant but they still have not made a final decision on my application for permanent residence but they said any time or day from now I will hear from them. Anyone, knows how long it might take from now????????

rosa_landaverde

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Oh my God, I didn't know that. I feel quite devastated now, I spoke with immigration today and they said everything looks great and that they don't need any more papers from me anymore. How, they are just verifying my background check at the moment. My wife was already approve as a sponsor and I was also approved as an applicant but they still have not made a final decision on my application for permanent residence but they said any time or day from now I will hear from them. Anyone, knows how long it might take from now????????

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi! In the form imm5476, use of representative form, my husband told me to write in the type of application portion on section A no.3, Spousal Sponsorship Program. Is he right or what is the best answer to put? Is it to write Family Class only? Please need all your advises. Thanks in advance
We never filled out that imm5476 because we don’t have a representative. Do you have one?