+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kayto82

Oct 24, 2017
Hi all,

I have a bit of an odd question and was wondering if anyone had experience with this. I've reached out to the Ottawa VO regarding it, but it's all very time sensitive so I thought I'd reach out here as well.

My husband (Canadian citizen) has sponsored me for PR under the Family Class. Since the process started I've given birth to our son. My husband sent in our little one's birth certificate with my husband's sponsor information back in July and immediately began the process for my son to get his Citizen Certificate. Last night I received my PPR. It said to send my passport and any dependents' passports for stamping UNLESS "you've given birth since our last correspondence." It states that if I've given birth I have to send in my son's birth certificate ONLY instead so that he can now be processed. I have no idea if he's already been processed or if he needs to be due to his current application for citizenship certification.

Does anyone have experience with this? Immigration has had my son's birth certificate since July, but I don't know if he's gone through any processing. My son does have his own application number and UCI number, but this is tied to his citizenship certificate application being processed. I'm trying to figure out if I have to
A) include his passport with mine for Visa purposes
B) Not send any passports, and resend his information so he can be processed (if he hasn't been already?)
or C) None of the above because he's currently going through his own application for citizenship certification.

Unfortunately, I have 30 days to get in his birth certificate or the passports back for the final request and the Ottawa email address states it can take 20 days for a response. My son's citizenship certificate process won't be completed by that time either. And the PPR states that if this step is done incorrectly, my application will be cancelled, and I'll have to start from scratch including paying all the fees all over again. If anyone has had experience with this, I would love to hear about it!

feelingz

Nov 14, 2016
Hope someone can shed some light on our tricky situation.

My spouse is US citizen who is technically on "visitor" visa here in Canada. We got married in April and have been living together ever since.

She has been working remote for the US company but travels back and forth few times a month. There has been no stamp on the passport yet.

We are having tough time deciding which option to choose for the application. One thing we are sure is not to choose living in Canada (spouse class) since that is going to restrict her traveling.

What do you guys think? Is it better to go with living outside of Canada (family class) or living in Canada (family class)?

jamesbond111

Oct 24, 2017
Hello friends I want some clarification. I will be marrying a girl in INDIA soon. I am a Canadian citizen for years and just want to find out that if I sponsor her to come to Canada as my spouse, how long the process takes and will she get her PR status right away when she arrives? Will she be able to work as soon as she comes to Canada? Please let me know thanks.

Abdulbutt

Oct 27, 2017
canada
I sponsored to my wife outside canada Last week my application status changed to we send acknowldemnt of your dection but i nevet got the letter i call them and the guy said we will resend but you sponsored approved can anybody tell me what is the next step
Thanks

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hope someone can shed some light on our tricky situation.

My spouse is US citizen who is technically on "visitor" visa here in Canada. We got married in April and have been living together ever since.

She has been working remote for the US company but travels back and forth few times a month. There has been no stamp on the passport yet.

We are having tough time deciding which option to choose for the application. One thing we are sure is not to choose living in Canada (spouse class) since that is going to restrict her traveling.

What do you guys think? Is it better to go with living outside of Canada (family class) or living in Canada (family class)?
I think you can use the following option:
I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada.

It means that you are applying from outside, the case will be processed in your country VO, but you will stay all the time in Canada. And you can still travel back home and then to Canada.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
I sponsored to my wife outside canada Last week my application status changed to we send acknowldemnt of your dection but i nevet got the letter i call them and the guy said we will resend but you sponsored approved can anybody tell me what is the next step
Thanks
Yes, they always have some issues with sending emails, so some CIC emails never reach the destination. Since you are approved, the next letter should be about file transferring to the VO in the country where your spouse lives. And you spouse will be requested to provide PCC, Schedule A form and take medical if she hasn't been requested yet.

J&C11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi, my husband and I submit the application for permanent residence in the family class for spouses currently living in Canada.

The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on my name behalf after I provide the fingerprints.
The certificate will be sent to CIC and the results will be uploaded directly in there sistem.

how long take that process?

feelingz

Nov 14, 2016
I think you can use the following option:
I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada.

It means that you are applying from outside, the case will be processed in your country VO, but you will stay all the time in Canada. And you can still travel back home and then to Canada.
Wouldn't that cause an issue with the 6-month visitor limit as we will have to give all the details in the form for her stay?

Right now she doesn't have a stamp on her passport.

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Hi,
My wife, who's sponsoring me, and I have put together most of our package to apply inland. The document checklist says:
"If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular
hours per week AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
• your most recent Notice of Assessment. This must include line 150 (Total Income), or
• Proof of Income Statement (Option C)."

She is employed and has a good salary. She also has a bank statement about her savings, more than enough to support me until the open work permit is granted (and beyond). The problem is that she can't find her most recent Notice of Assessment or a Proof of Income Statement from CRA. We're in the process of trying to go through CRA to see if she successfully filed her taxes and just can't access them online, but she can't remember receiving anything from CRA after sending out her taxes in the spring and is worried she might have lost the envelope instead of mailing it, or maybe it got lost in the mail or something.

So, the question is:

In case she couldn't get any of these documents from CRA, or it took too long, should we send the application in hopes that her salary and savings will be enough and/or stating that that information will be submitted at a later date? If a document is missing from an application, is it usually rejected or they just ask for it? In case it's the second, do you think they'd still concede the open work permit?

Thank you very much for your help!

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Wouldn't that cause an issue with the 6-month visitor limit as we will have to give all the details in the form for her stay?

Right now she doesn't have a stamp on her passport.
They don't put stamps on the passport anymore. I visited my husband in August and no sign about it in my passport.
Yes, there is 6-months limit, but she is still going to leave and enter the country as you described above, so I don't think there is going to be an issue. It doesn't mean she has to leave the country for 6 months after that, just basically cross the border.

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hi,
My wife, who's sponsoring me, and I have put together most of our package to apply inland. The document checklist says:
"If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular
hours per week AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
• your most recent Notice of Assessment. This must include line 150 (Total Income), or
• Proof of Income Statement (Option C)."

She is employed and has a good salary. She also has a bank statement about her savings, more than enough to support me until the open work permit is granted (and beyond). The problem is that she can't find her most recent Notice of Assessment or a Proof of Income Statement from CRA. We're in the process of trying to go through CRA to see if she successfully filed her taxes and just can't access them online, but she can't remember receiving anything from CRA after sending out her taxes in the spring and is worried she might have lost the envelope instead of mailing it, or maybe it got lost in the mail or something.

So, the question is:

In case she couldn't get any of these documents from CRA, or it took too long, should we send the application in hopes that her salary and savings will be enough and/or stating that that information will be submitted at a later date? If a document is missing from an application, is it usually rejected or they just ask for it? In case it's the second, do you think they'd still concede the open work permit?

Thank you very much for your help!
They will reject your case and send it back after keeping it for a month or even more. So it's just waste of your time. I would recommend that you gather all the requested papers and only then mail your package.

Eric823

Oct 28, 2017
Hi all - quick question. I received my AOR in April 2017 for an inland spousal application, but I haven't received a request for a medical, police check or Schedule A yet. Should I just go ahead and get the medical and police check, or should I wait? Is this on the normal timeline? Seems like I should have received something by now...

Here's what I have so far:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Jack sal

Oct 16, 2017
Hello all

I am preparing to sponsor my spouse outland application and i have a question regarding the proof of relationship as chats.
1- Do i need to translate all chats logs like whatsapp by an official translator? Or can i do it by myslef as i cost a fortune? Did any one tried to translate it by himself or friend before and passed???
2- i am taking screenshots of emails sonce long time 2011 between me and my spouse as we are together since 8 years. Is this fine?
3- what are the primary proof is it the photos? Bank accounts shared and plane tickets??

Thanks it is overwhelming we need to be together soon as we are living distance relationship since Five years. :(.
Please help

jedi_jam

Star Member
May 26, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-2016
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
hi! i need some advice from this group..i just landed as a newly immigrant..i just found out that i can apply my partner even before landing here in Canada..my consultancy agency advised me before that I cannot add my partner because we don’t have any proof that our relationship is genuine as we don’t have evidences like shared property or shared bank accounts..so they told me that the best way is to land first then let my partner apply through ee..I and my partner are in a relationship for more than a year now but could not live together as previously we both are working in Saudi and in that country same sex relationship is not allowed (reason why we can’t have the joint bank account)..now, that I’m in Canada, I was wondering if we could apply as a Conjugal Sponsorship? My partner and I are both Filipinos, same sex is not supported in the Philippines..She’s currently in the Philippines with no job..

what sponsorship should i apply?
inland or outland? but im thinking about inland..im not sure if we qualify for conjugal or commonlaw?