+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

raman186

Star Member
May 25, 2016
my PR app was received July 21st and I didn't receive an AOR until Sept 6th. 7 weeks. I expect that you will wait around that long since things are getting more and more backed up with the CIC. the OWP wait was 10-12 weeks in June and is now 16 weeks.
thanks for your reply.. please keep in contact and please inform when you receive AOR. thanks

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hey folks,

I am wondering if somebody could give me their opinion on when I can expect my OWP.

I am the PA on a family class sponsorship application with my common-law spouse who is a Canadian citizen. We have a child together, who is also a Canadian citizen. I submitted my OWP with the PR application, which was received in mid-July 2017. I have not yet submitted my medical. I did, however, submit my FBI clearance, because I initially thought I had to submit it right away.

Is it realistic to assume that I may get my OWP by November, assuming my documents are in order?

Thank you!

ab71e5

Mar 7, 2017
Hi all,

Great news! I received the request to send the fotos to the Visa office in Vienna, so it looks like I will get the COPR letter soon!

However, we had the idea to take a road trip through the US first before moving to Toronto. Since my partner is not working this winter and staying with family in Quebec before I would come, does anyone know if I could just fly as a tourist to Montreal and then after our road trip pass the border in Windsor or something to do the immigration? This because I heard I can not land in Quebec as a permanent resident and I have to be in Ontario the first six months to qualify for the Ontario health insurance.

Thanks!