+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Hi!! One question please.
I received a letter asking my passport, it says that my sponaor shoukd pay the 490 canadian dollars right? Should he pay it just in Canada? Cause happens that he came to visit me for my birthday and is currently here. Can he pay it here?
He can pay it online wherever in the world he is.

jvas

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
18.12.2014(PER)
AOR Received.
Not received
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
Second line ECAS : 28.02.2015( Processing started on 27.02.2015)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18.03.2015 ( 3rd line update:24.03.2015 medicals received)
Interview........
waived probably
Passport Req..
very soon ( DM 06.05.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
very very soon
LANDED..........
Sooner than my thoughts
Hi Guys,
My wife finished here medical in July 2017.after 2 months the ecas shows medical received.(Does this mean medicals are fine?). Also within how many days I can expect PPR?
It's been a long wait and I appreciate guys for the reply

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Hi guys,
I know it has been asked lots of time, but can anyone please redirect me to checklist post 2017, someone who applied recently can please provide me with there checklist..with all supportive documents list too.
It will be great help.
Thanks!
This is where I got my checklist and it was very helpful: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
After reading through it I knew exactly what I needed to be included in my application to build my case. Please be guided by it.

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Hi everyone,

i opened a separate thread with no luck....so would appreciate some comments

I've filled in most of the forms, but had a few things I was not sure about...

General qs:
1. After the changes of last year, is there a difference in processing time or anything else between inland and outland?
2. We are planning to include an open work permit application - does that being granted require a medical report to be sent in? We can't do medical now as my wife is approx 16 weeks pregnant

Form specific:

Checklist

1. The supporting documents for sponsor section of application has section 3, which asks:
"Do you (sponsor) and the person you are sponsoring have (a) child(ren) together who may have a claim to Canadian citizenship?

In our case, we have a son who was born in August 2016. I have a birth certificate and SIN for him, so I am not sure how to answer this.

2. The supporting documents for sponsored persons (principal applicant and all family members), requires the following; you (the principal applicant) must provide the following (photocopies only) for yourself and your family members....

a. most recently issued passport or travel document for you and all family members (who will accompany you to Canada)

In our case, I assume that our Canadian son, nor I, need to provide anything here. Can anyone confirm?

b. Birth certificates for yourself and all family members, whether accompanying to Canada or not.

In our case, my wife has parents and a brother and sister. Of course none are immigrating with her. I am fairly certain that means that we would not include anything for them, but confirmation would be nice.

IMM0008ENU2D

1. Question 3 reads as follows:

How many family members, including you, are in this application?

I assume I do not need to include myself, or my son, as we are already citizens. Can anyone please confirm?

2. The section on dependants, reads as follows:

You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

The wording is slightly confusing - in our case, I assume that as above, I do not include my wifes parents or siblings. I also assume that I do not include myself or our son. Can anyone please confirm?

IMM5406

Who exactly needs to fill this in? The chekclist says princpial applicant and any family members 18 years and older. As a Canadian citizen, do I fill this in? I am thinking it is my wife only, but again not quite clear...

Thanks in advance for the help!
Hi Ade,

Let me tackle your questions as you asked them:

1. I know for sure that the outland application takes less time. In some cases base on various circumstances, the time might be extended as these are possibilities that will exist.
2. They will ask if your wife is pregnant and once she is, they will delay certain procedures. They normally ask before the medical is done so either the case, it should be ok.

Checklist

1. Was your child born in Canada? If that's the case the answer is yes. Let explore my example, my husband and I have a son together, my husband is Canadian citizen, I am not. I son was not born in Canada either. What did you think I put for this question? :) The answer for me was YES. Remember once a parent is Canadian citizen, the child has a claim to Canadian citizenship, you would do the proof of citizenship for the child. This question is just to ascertain if the child should be regarded as an accompanying dependent or not.

2. You are correct. The PA should provide this info . Since the child is Canadian should I just learned, you should not provide that for him either.

b. Now this is where it gets a bit confusing. I had to ask my self the question, what is a family to respond appropriately when I was filling out this question. basically, I didn't submit for my extended family (sisters, brothers and parents), only for my family and in my case, I didn't need to because my son (through proof of citizenship) and husband are Canadian citizens.

IMM0008ENU2D

1. You are correct

2. You are correct

IMM5406

1. Your wife should fill this out. This is where she include your information, your son's and her extended family (sister, brother, parents etc).

Hope this helps....

Bluemoon0606

Oct 15, 2016
Hi Guys,
My wife finished here medical in July 2017.after 2 months the ecas shows medical received.(Does this mean medicals are fine?). Also within how many days I can expect PPR?
Yes, that means they are totally fine. And the time you'll have to wait depends on which country you applied from. Im from peru and it took 8 months since they started checking my documents for my passport to be required. Best of lucks and be patient!

Lysa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
I got my application returned saying i didnt attach the PA's birth certificate, but he loves in Pakistan and we comfirmed but thy dont issue birth certificate for olders people this birth certificate thing just started a few years back. So now im confused on how to provide this. They also said if u r unable to gove us write us an explanation telling why. Can anyone please help me witg this, i want to clarify this fast so i can resend the application and get process started.

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
What did they ask you in the interview?
hey guys does anyonr know how long it takes after an interview to get ur canadian visa??
i passed my interview 5 months ago in New Delhi, whereas the officer told me i will get the visa after 3 months but no update yet
(officer hinted me that my case was fine and didnt hv any problem)
hat do they ask in the interview

christina88

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Then u
I got my application returned saying i didnt attach the PA's birth certificate, but he loves in Pakistan and we comfirmed but thy dont issue birth certificate for olders people this birth certificate thing just started a few years back. So now im confused on how to provide this. They also said if u r unable to gove us write us an explanation telling why. Can anyone please help me witg this, i want to clarify this fast so i can resend the application and get process started.
Then you need to attach an explanation why you cannot provide the birth certificate and quote some law or official paper supporting it.

leo820

Aug 19, 2017
hi everyone>> i want to sponsor my wife who is overseas..we have been married legally for 2 years now... no children.. but known each other for 7 years?since we were friends and in love and were colleagues in the same college.. I have prepared all the needed documents... birth certificates.. marriage documents.. wedding pictures..honeymoon pictures .. various text messages.. >>.calls for every day for the past six months we were aparted>> and i filled the forms>> but i don't know if i should post it myself or if i need a lawyer?
and what else i need? how to not make mistakes?
and what is the process like?

Reactions: Myrelnp

Goutami

Sep 19, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question were do my Spouse application will be going and which Visa office the file will be processed.

Currently, My spouse is in Taiwan on a Worker/ Resident Visa. I am applying for her PR under Family class sponsorship. She is a citizen of India and fairly recently moved to Taiwan – less than 6 months. So now, I am confused if her PR sponsorship file will be processed in Taiwan or New Delhi.

Any help or insight on this one will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Myrelnp

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
hi everyone>> i want to sponsor my wife who is overseas..we have been married legally for 2 years now... no children.. but known each other for 7 years?since we were friends and in love and were colleagues in the same college.. I have prepared all the needed documents... birth certificates.. marriage documents.. wedding pictures..honeymoon pictures .. various text messages.. >>.calls for every day for the past six months we were aparted>> and i filled the forms>> but i don't know if i should post it myself or if i need a lawyer?
and what else i need? how to not make mistakes?
and what is the process like?
Hello, the process is very detailed and easy to follow, i dont recommend to hire a lawyer as its just an added expense and it diesnt expedite the process anyway. The new form right now is more simplified just follow it and you'll be good. And this forum helps a lot. Good luck!

rads86

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th Dec
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 13th march , AOR2 - 13th April
IELTS Request
N.A
File Transfer...
13th March
Med's Request
Remedicals 29th Dec 2015 and done on 4th Jan, Full medical request again received on 21st feb
Med's Done....
11th Oct 2014 (already Expired)
Interview........
Received notes on 17th Feb 2016 Recommended Waiver
Passport Req..
DM on 11th March and PPR on 14th March
VISA ISSUED...
Passport back with visa on 21st march
LANDED..........
Very soon
what is the procedure to change address in IRCC

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
Hi Guys,
YOU HAD APPLIED inland or outland?

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
This is where I got my checklist and it was very helpful: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
After reading through it I knew exactly what I needed to be included in my application to build my case. Please be guided by it.
hey i just saw your timeline since you have applied, it says medical reports request june 28th and by 30th you had already uploaded, did you had to do these medical tests by a doctor the Canadian embassy recommends or you choose yourself where to do it? and another question do they give any time deadline when to upload the medical reports i had read they give almost 30days to do so: and the interview, is it for every case or only on certain case? can i also ask you from which country you are applying?
thank you so much