+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Bugattii

Sep 7, 2017
I'm not able to link my application. I know there is a excel file with some instruction about how to link the application. Can anyone give the link? Thanks

mander12

Sep 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
Hi. cant tell you time line but my application was received on 17th Aug and i haven't heard anything from them yet. think they are taking betwwen 1-2 months.
stay in touch as we both have applied same time
i am from india
u?

mikochouye

Mar 3, 2017
Hi, I am applying the inland sponsorship and now has been 27months I havent hear anything back from Cic and the immigration account haven't update since 2016 November. What should I do in this case? Just keep waiting? I am a bit frastrating for waiting soooooooo long

Mad Max

Mar 23, 2017
Afghanistan
hey guys does anyonr know how long it takes after an interview to get ur canadian visa??
i passed my interview 5 months ago in New Delhi, whereas the officer told me i will get the visa after 3 months but no update yet
(officer hinted me that my case was fine and didnt hv any problem)

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi guys, urgent help...
I am on PR and I know by rule I can't leave Canada while I am sponsoring my wife, but can I leave Canada for short period of time (2 weeks) ?
What if some have some urgent (emergency) situation?
If, I can leave for a short period of time..do I have to wait for approval (SA) ?

C

Classic Chucks

Hi guys, urgent help...
I am on PR and I know by rule I can't leave Canada while I am sponsoring my wife, but can I leave Canada for short period of time (2 weeks) ?
What if some have some urgent (emergency) situation?
If, I can leave for a short period of time..do I have to wait for approval (SA) ?
It is best to wait for SA.

C

Classic Chucks

There is no need to wait for SA; it doesn't make any difference.
I will somehow disagree. Recent GCMS notes have shown that prior to issuance of SA, sponsors' residency (especially PRs) are being checked/confirmed if they truly reside in Canada. I just answered the last question if s/he has to wait for SA, otherwise if it's an emergency situation then they can leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigurjot

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hi everyone

I submitted inland spousal application.. we already got SA and AIP

My wife is canadian citizen. Is she can go alone out of canada for one month?

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Guys, help out here

For form 5406 CIC guide says

Write the personal details for:

• Yourself (the person being sponsored),
    • If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your spouse or common-law partner, (if this applies to you)
    • If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and your spouse wasn’t physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
Now the situatiom is we both are married and physically preaent. But in PDF row there is not enough space to write these words.
????? WHAT SHOULD I have to write?

C

Classic Chucks

Guys, help out here

For form 5406 CIC guide says

Write the personal details for:

• Yourself (the person being sponsored),
    • If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your spouse or common-law partner, (if this applies to you)
    • If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and your spouse wasn’t physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
Now the situatiom is we both are married and physically preaent. But in PDF row there is not enough space to write these words.
????? WHAT SHOULD I have to write?
You just posted this in the December thread. Check for a reply

Reactions: Aries69

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
I will somehow disagree. Recent GCMS notes have shown that prior to issuance of SA, sponsors' residency (especially PRs) are being checked/confirmed if they truly reside in Canada. I just answered the last question if s/he has to wait for SA, otherwise if it's an emergency situation then they can leave.
Thanks for the reply,
Quick question: How will CIC know if its emergency situation or not? And If I go on paid 2-week vacation then?

loubegga

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi everyone

I submitted inland spousal application.. we already got SA and AIP

My wife is canadian citizen. Is she can go alone out of canada for one month?
If your wife is canadian citizen then she is able to leave. I believe its just principal applicants who shouldn't leave as they dont have status to return.

Also can i ask your time line for your application?

Wenliying

Dec 22, 2016
Hello everybody,
I have some questions about inland sponsorship application. Please help me!
I submitted my application on NOV 28 2016. My husband is a PR, he sponsored me. After I submitted my application, my visa is expired and I didn't restored my status at that time.
1. Am I illegal to stay in Canada? If so I'll leave Canada as soon as possible.
If not, after they processed my application and decided to give me an approved in principal, can I use this status to apply an open work permit? And how long will it takes?

2. Right now Application processing time takes about 26 months. This is a really long time to wait, because I can't do anything here.
If I drop inland application after I back to my country, and re-apply outland application will inland application experience is going to affect my new application(outland) process?

With outland application can I also apply a visitor visa?

Thank you so much for your time!