App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Thank you so much.
I appreciate your reply.

Yes , we submitted 2 enquirers via case specific online and no reply.
How can we contact with my wife MP ( she is from London, Ontario ).
I did not link my application to GCKEY and I tried today many times but failed !!
Could you please explain what is ECAS, GCMS ?

Thank you and I appreciate your help.
Kind regards,
Mohammad
There are a number of pages listing the MP contact. http://ccrweb.ca/en/write-your-member-parliament Best is to send an email. Keep it short and polite, present the facts (i.e. how long you have been waiting). Provide your UCI / File no (because they actually do enquire with CIC although sometimes give generic answers). ECAS is the old version of GCKEY (which logs you into myCIC). There are a number of threads outlining how to work through the bugs. Or you can contact the technical support on the page and explain the errors you are getting, give them your info and sometimes they will link your account.

GCMS is the Global Case Management System. It is the database that CIC (sorry, now IRCC) uses to store all of your application info, progress on your file, immigration officer notes and any decisions. If you click on the Acronyms link in my signature, there is a tab in that spreadsheet about ordering GCMS. There are also a couple of threads that explain the information in great details ("GCMS explained like never before")...

Unfortunately, I had created a post on how to efficiently use this forum and how to do an advanced search (maybe the new forum format has better search capability than the old one) but I couldn't stick it.

Wishing you the very best.

C.

Reactions: shiiinjiiim

Andyjack

Jun 7, 2017
No I haven't heard anything yet. Did my medical in march, so I'm still waiting for more request or decision. Hopefully soon tho. Did you do your medical with your police clearance?

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
Morning everyone,
Quick question

My husband is a Canadian citizen since the age if 18 when his father apply for him. This back in 1990.

Is he a Canadian by decent or naturalized?

We are not sure as to what we should choose. He doesn't even know of a uci number.

P.s his father is not born in Canada but he was given citizenship due to work.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Morning everyone,
Quick question

My husband is a Canadian citizen since the age if 18 when his father apply for him. This back in 1990.

Is he a Canadian by decent or naturalized?

We are not sure as to what we should choose. He doesn't even know of a uci number.

P.s his father is not born in Canada but he was given citizenship due to work.
Descent.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank u for ur nice opinion.
I didn't know that I couldnt not sponsor my family in future if I had not declared them in my application.instead I thought it would be much easier after getting PR.it was all due to that person who proceed my application.He told me I can apply later once I landed in Canada.thats why,thinking innocent.now u made me realize that I was wrong.
Anyway tnx again.if u have any other idea pls share with me.
There's no further advice anyone can provide. You have already been told your two options. Either your wife has to qualify for PR and apply on her own. Or you need to officially give up your PR status, return home and apply for PR again from the start - this time including your wife and children in the application. There are no further options available.

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
There are a number of pages listing the MP contact. http://ccrweb.ca/en/write-your-member-parliament Best is to send an email. Keep it short and polite, present the facts (i.e. how long you have been waiting). Provide your UCI / File no (because they actually do enquire with CIC although sometimes give generic answers). ECAS is the old version of GCKEY (which logs you into myCIC). There are a number of threads outlining how to work through the bugs. Or you can contact the technical support on the page and explain the errors you are getting, give them your info and sometimes they will link your account.

GCMS is the Global Case Management System. It is the database that CIC (sorry, now IRCC) uses to store all of your application info, progress on your file, immigration officer notes and any decisions. If you click on the Acronyms link in my signature, there is a tab in that spreadsheet about ordering GCMS. There are also a couple of threads that explain the information in great details ("GCMS explained like never before")...

Unfortunately, I had created a post on how to efficiently use this forum and how to do an advanced search (maybe the new forum format has better search capability than the old one) but I couldn't stick it.

Wishing you the very best.

C.
Many many thanks for putting a lot of information here.

sharmani

Jun 22, 2017
Hey guys
i want to apply for visitor visa for my spouse who is in india. If she gets the visa and comes to canada and lets say during her stay if she gets her spousal sponsorship approved as well does she have to go back to india or we can do flag pole from US. ?

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Hey guys
i want to apply for visitor visa for my spouse who is in india. If she gets the visa and comes to canada and lets say during her stay if she gets her spousal sponsorship approved as well does she have to go back to india or we can do flag pole from US. ?
Unfortunately, they wont give visitor visa. I applied for one.

pdoc

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, they wont give visitor visa. I applied for one.
Hi everyone,

I am preparing to apply for PR for my wife who is in India. I am currently in Mississauga. Can anyone tell me if it is possible that she can come here on a Visitor or other Visa and I could apply for her PR from inside Canada?

Many thanks in advance.

Reactions: honeybhe20

honeybhe20

Apr 28, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Hi everyone,

I am preparing to apply for PR for my wife who is in India. I am currently in Mississauga. Can anyone tell me if it is possible that she can come here on a Visitor or other Visa and I could apply for her PR from inside Canada?

Many thanks in advance.
Yes you can apply your wife for a visitor visa as long as she has a lot of travel history and a reason to go back to India after her visit in Canada. But it will be complicated because you are in Canada and there will be a little chance that she will be approved. We applied for it before we applied our sponsorship. Unfortunately we have been refused.

Reactions: shiiinjiiim

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
Yes you can apply your wife for a visitor visa as long as she has a lot of travel history and a reason to go back to India after her visit in Canada. But it will be complicated because you are in Canada and there will be a little chance that she will be approved. We applied for it before we applied our sponsorship. Unfortunately we have been refused.
Yes, we did the same strategy and didn't work.

Reactions: honeybhe20

GFreeman

May 3, 2017
Hi everyone :)
I have 2 quick questions for recent successful PR applicants;
- where CIC asked for 20 photos of your relationship - did you get proper photos made by a photographer, or did you submit regular print outs?
- where CIC asks for 'documentary evidence of financial support between your sponsor and yourself'; I take this to mean evidence of money flowing back and forth between sponsor and applicant (eg. printouts showing a couple of interac transfers between them should be ok). Am I right there?

cyren_05

Jun 10, 2017
Hello Guys just wanna ask about our ecas information. I cant link our application in our account that why were just depending on the email they've been sending to us.

(sponsor) it says
DECISSION MADE
  1. We received your application to sponsor CY on April 7, 2017.

Dependents listed on the application are: HC
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 3, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on May 2, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 9, 2017 about the decision on your application.
(applicant) : In Process

1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 7, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on May 15, 2017.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I send my AOM which is they need to continue processing our papers (last June 2, 2017) in VO. I called them by June 5 to check if they received already the courrier and they told me they forwarded it already the document by June 3. But till now I never received any message/confirmation from cic if they got it already. Any Idea if when I can have the next step and until when do I need to wait for PPR? thank you Guys.

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
Morning everyone.

I have the similar questions about the financial support too. I see someone was asking about that.

An answer will help us both.

I currently live with my husband in Canada and we share a credit card together.

but in the past I travel back and forth my husband supports me by sending money using western union. We have some of those receipts still.

Can I use those recipts as proof of support along with the credit card statement.