canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mv79 said:
We submitted an in-Canada Spousal Sponsorship application in December 2016. Together with it, I also submitted an open work permit application. Does anyone here have an idea, how long it will take to get the work permit or at least a response from them?
OWP takes 4-5 months.

MarJon

Jan 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
I'm in the same situation as you. I hope someone has an answer :(

jazzybrakes said:
I would appreciate some help. my wife and i would like some clarification regarding the proof of relationship section of the spousal sponsorship application. one of the sections asks:

One (1) document from three (3) of the following sets of options:

a) joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreement listing bot the sponsor and the principal applicant.
b) proof of joint utilities accounts.
c) important documents for you an your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification documents: driver's licenses etct.
d) important documents for you or your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse such as employment or insurance benefits.
e) documentary evidence of financial support between your sponsor and yourself.
f) other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and or family.(e.g Letters, social media, information showing public information.

Our concerns are that we only have two documents (e and f) and it requires 3 documents.

we have lots of photos together airline ticket purchases, our honeymoon receipts and so. What can we do? We got married October 2016. and we want to submit the application soon but we want to ensure we have everything correct.

thank you

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
Hi Seniors
Please help me in the following problem of mine

One (1) document from three (3) of the following sets of options:

a) joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreement listing bot the sponsor and the principal applicant.
b) proof of joint utilities accounts.
c) important documents for you an your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification documents: driver's licenses etct.
d) important documents for you or your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse such as employment or insurance benefits.
e) documentary evidence of financial support between your sponsor and yourself.
f) other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and or family.(e.g Letters, social media, information showing public information.

I have documents C, E & F is this more than enough?? And also the updated passport with our home address in india on it. as she lives in india and we are not living togethar. We got married in nov 2016. I am applying for my wife`s permanent residency. Please let me know if you can come up with any other suggestion.

Regards
Akhurana

akhurana487

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2014
Doc's Request.
cc charged 26 november 2014
Nomination.....
PER 29th december 2014
Med's Request
MR,PCC AND RPRF REQUESTS 13th April 2014
Med's Done....
On 20th may and submitted all documents on 22nd may 2015
Interview........
Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
Hi Seniors
Need some suggestions regarding my wife`s permanent residency application. I am about to mail my wife`s PR application to cic. But the only thing which is bothering me is the updation of form IMM5532. I got my wife`s documents on 12th april and I had to go out of town for some reason so I could not mail her documents. It usually takes around 13 to 14 days to get a parcel fronm india through courier. During taht time frame the form got updated. Now i can see the IMM5532 form has been updated with time stamp april 2017 on it. I live in Jasper(a small city in alberta) so its pretty remote and canada post closes usually by 5 pm. So my question is if I mail the document with the old form in it and literally the difference between the updated and the old form is the ICON of a hand with a pen in it, near the place we put our signatures on . Nothing else is different at all. No extra questions. Is it still safe to send the form or are there chances getting it rejected. i am thinking of writing a letter with all this explained in that letter. Will writing a letter be ok for such a small updation. Its ridiculous what sort of updation is that. So frustrating. Please help me with the suggestions.

Regards
akhurana

mv79

Jul 28, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
OWP takes 4-5 months.
Thanks! And does the PR application status matter? Will OWP still be released even if we haven't heard anything about our PR application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mv79 said:
Thanks! And does the PR application status matter? Will OWP still be released even if we haven't heard anything about our PR application?
Yes, the OWP will still be granted.

Source_Of_Smile

Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-10-2018
Nomination.....
AINP
AOR Received.
05-10-2018
File Transfer...
NO - Inland
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Is it compulsory to apply PCC in Canada?

CIC Website :: The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Source_Of_Smile said:
Is it compulsory to apply PCC in Canada?

CIC Website :: The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.
It's fairly rare. CIC do their own checks with RCMP. You'll be asked for fingerprints if they can't clear you based on info given (ie if a Canadian criminal has the same name)

Nov 16, 2016
Hi All,

I just realized that i need to also send the PCC of other country which i lived for more than 6 months a year ago, Many thanks to this forum which provides the info.

I lived in Sweden for 6 months a year ago for work purpose and am now trying to request police clearance to them from India.
As per their rules they said they will provide the police certificate in five languages which includes english as well, but possible convictions would not be translated and will appear only in swedish, My question is do i need the translation even for that ? If yes how can i provide .
Please help me.

Thanks in Advance!

cybersaadk

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
10-04-2017
akhurana487 said:
Hi Seniors
Need some suggestions regarding my wife`s permanent residency application. I am about to mail my wife`s PR application to cic. But the only thing which is bothering me is the updation of form IMM5532. I got my wife`s documents on 12th april and I had to go out of town for some reason so I could not mail her documents. It usually takes around 13 to 14 days to get a parcel fronm india through courier. During taht time frame the form got updated. Now i can see the IMM5532 form has been updated with time stamp april 2017 on it. I live in Jasper(a small city in alberta) so its pretty remote and canada post closes usually by 5 pm. So my question is if I mail the document with the old form in it and literally the difference between the updated and the old form is the ICON of a hand with a pen in it, near the place we put our signatures on . Nothing else is different at all. No extra questions. Is it still safe to send the form or are there chances getting it rejected. i am thinking of writing a letter with all this explained in that letter. Will writing a letter be ok for such a small updation. Its ridiculous what sort of updation is that. So frustrating. Please help me with the suggestions.

Regards
akhurana
CIC usually has a grace period where they accept old forms without issue. See the Jan 2017 topic for examples. It shouldnt be an issue, they know it takes a fair bit of time to fill out the application and i would say they sooner you submit the application this month, the better so it still falls within the grace period.

gbatista

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/16/2014
Nomination.....
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
05/08/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
04/17/2015
Med's Request
05/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/18/2015
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
06/08/2015
Hello Guys!!

My husband and i just got married a couple months ago, and we are getting all our documents ready to send, i have a question that hopefully you can help.

In the proof of the relationship, all the chats, emails, are in spanish, do we need to translate that?, and what will be the best way to send it, printscreens, or copy paste it on a word document?

Also all our social media pics, the comments are in spanish, do we need to translate that too?

Thanks!

jvas

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
18.12.2014(PER)
AOR Received.
Not received
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
Second line ECAS : 28.02.2015( Processing started on 27.02.2015)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18.03.2015 ( 3rd line update:24.03.2015 medicals received)
Interview........
waived probably
Passport Req..
very soon ( DM 06.05.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
very very soon
LANDED..........
Sooner than my thoughts
Hello friends,

I applied for my wife's PR and I received a mail from CIC saying that decision has been made. She is supposed to receive a Schedule A background verification link within 5 days, but it's been more than 25 days. I am worried and would like to know, what shall I do in this case?

jvas

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
18.12.2014(PER)
AOR Received.
Not received
IELTS Request
Sent with file
File Transfer...
Second line ECAS : 28.02.2015( Processing started on 27.02.2015)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
18.03.2015 ( 3rd line update:24.03.2015 medicals received)
Interview........
waived probably
Passport Req..
very soon ( DM 06.05.2015)
VISA ISSUED...
very very soon
LANDED..........
Sooner than my thoughts
gbatista said:
Hello Guys!!

My husband and i just got married a couple months ago, and we are getting all our documents ready to send, i have a question that hopefully you can help.

In the proof of the relationship, all the chats, emails, are in spanish, do we need to translate that?, and what will be the best way to send it, printscreens, or copy paste it on a word document?

Also all our social media pics, the comments are in spanish, do we need to translate that too?

Thanks!

Hi there!

Yes you need to translate them and notarize them. Otherwise they are not acceptable. Hope this helps

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
gbatista said:

Do you live together?

You can just translate such proofs yourselves, no need to do it formally.

jvas said:
Yes you need to translate them and notarize them. Otherwise they are not acceptable. Hope this helps
Absolutely no need to formally translate and notarize chats/emails/etc.