canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
BoscoCanada said:
I'm a PR and put in the application to sponsor my wife and daughter in May 2016. I also put in the application for my wife's work permit. In November 2016 she received her open work permit. I assume this would allow her to live in Canada without having to leave every 6 months. The question I have is about my daughter. As the work permit would allow my wife to live and work here, do I need some document to allow my 2 year old daughter to live here without having to leave Canada every 6 months? Or would my wife's work permit allow my daughter to stay here too while the PR application does its course? I would rather stay on the right side of the law instead of illegal overstaying.
Hi

When did your child enter Canada? Was she granted the standard 6 months visitor status upon entry?

Your wife's status is her own and does not extend to the child. The PR app also does not grant the child any status.

Kosovo2016

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Kosovo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 january 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Passport Req..
Hey Guys
21 work days have passed since i send the passports to vienna and still they havent return any idea what should i do?!

Thanks

Meme1999

Mar 27, 2017
hi guys!

I have a question, i am a refugee,can my parents come to visit me with tourist visa and stay for 1 month?

Thanks

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Meme1999 said:
hi guys!

I have a question, i am a refugee,can my parents come to visit me with tourist visa and stay for 1 month?

Thanks
That isn't a question about spousal sponsorship (this topic). Your being a refugee is irrelevant. You should ask in an appropriate sub-forum what is required for residents of wherever your parents live to get tourist visas.

Lavender2017

Mar 25, 2017
Hi all,

I have received the following update from the MP, any explanation, please???

· The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria and that the application is complete was finalized sep 2016.
· The responsible office has reviewed the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent’s spouse meet the eligibility requirements.
o the eligibility requirements assessment has been finalized Sep, 2016.
· The medical examination results have expired. The office will contact your constituent’s spouse with further instructions.
· The criminality verifications are currently valid.
· The security verifications are currently valid.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

On geneirc IMM0008 form there is contact information column and then it further divided into mailing and residential address.

our application was returned to my husband (Canada) due to identity document not being certified and on the same letter that CIC sent us also stating the following

""A correction to the mailing address specified on the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM0008) to reflect the mailing address of the Principal Applicant; or, if the Principal Applicant wishes to have correspondence mailed to the address specified, a completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) is required for the authorization of release of documents and information to the individual residing at this address"

During my research i found few applications in past returned due to above reason. I do not want to take a risk this time. Can someone whose file returned due to above reason please cofirm how did you dealt with
problem ?

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

When did your child enter Canada? Was she granted the standard 6 months visitor status upon entry?

Your wife's status is her own and does not extend to the child. The PR app also does not grant the child any status.
She entered in March 2016 but never stayed here for 6 months at a stretch. She's left for the US every 3 months on average and stayed away for between 10 to 14 days at a time.

eadams

Nov 29, 2016
Hello

I submitted my application on 7 March 2017 in Canada application. Application was received on 7 March 2017. I received sms to verify that it was received.

I received email to say application is in process and to link my account online on 23 March 2017. So it only took about 2 weeks to receive that email.

Hopefully the rest of the application can go this quickly.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get first stage approval so that i can apply for OWP online?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
BoscoCanada said:
She entered in March 2016 but never stayed here for 6 months at a stretch. She's left for the US every 3 months on average and stayed away for between 10 to 14 days at a time.
If she is going to the US every few months, you don't need to do anything. If she is going to be in Canada continuously for more than 6 months, then you need to apply to extend her visitor status before the 6 months is up.

BoscoCanada

Mar 26, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
If she is going to the US every few months, you don't need to do anything. If she is going to be in Canada continuously for more than 6 months, then you need to apply to extend her visitor status before the 6 months is up.
Thanks Canuck. I recently put her in school here. Looks like I will have to do the visa extension to keep her status.

Navita

Mar 27, 2017
Hi! The first post in this thread is really great. I'm looking for some advice on my situation and maybe some clarity for how the process will go.
My boyfriend and I have been together long distance (obviously lol) for just under two years. I'm a citizen in Ottawa and he's in Poland. I work and he just finished school so we're trying to get together ASAP and start our lives, and we decided to do that here (mostly because of the language barrier I face in Poland lol).
We have lived together for about 6 months total (me 3 months there, him 3 months here), so our relationship is considered conjugal as I understand. We do not share finances or have any shared anything. We definitely have the evidence to prove our relationship is genuine. I have 2 year old chat logs, pictures of us traveling and at home being cute, tons of saved texts, plane tickets, and more people than I could even name to testify if that's a thing. However, I've heard that regardless conjugal is the most difficult to get approved. Is this true? I also read that for immigration's sake we are treated like a common law relationship if we have been together a year+ but could not live together due to immigration barriers or laws. What exactly counts as an immigration barrier? Is it as simple as we could have lived together for a year by now if the time limit on visitor visas were longer?
We want to apply inland, but would this be the best option for our case? I'm inclined because of the distance and the price of plane tickets in the case that he needs to come in for an interview (which I imagine he will since we're applying as conjugal). So why not be here anyway, right? In that case, what happens when his 6 month visitor visa runs out? Can he stay since it's estimated to take 12 months to process? If he has to leave, when can he return? Can I leave Canada to visit him while it is processing? Can the two of us leave Canada to vacation (probably 1 week, not the usa) during this process?
If applying as conjugal is not the way to go, what is the best + fastest route? Marriage? I am a business owner as well, would it make sense to put the relationship off the immigration table and have him work for me? Could he extend his visitor's visa for another 6 months so we would be considered common law?
We're both pretty lost on this. Any advice or answers would be awesome.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Navita said:
Hi! The first post in this thread is really great. I'm looking for some advice on my situation and maybe some clarity for how the process will go.
My boyfriend and I have been together long distance (obviously lol) for just under two years. I'm a citizen in Ottawa and he's in Poland. I work and he just finished school so we're trying to get together ASAP and start our lives, and we decided to do that here (mostly because of the language barrier I face in Poland lol).
We have lived together for about 6 months total (me 3 months there, him 3 months here), so our relationship is considered conjugal as I understand. We do not share finances or have any shared anything. We definitely have the evidence to prove our relationship is genuine. I have 2 year old chat logs, pictures of us traveling and at home being cute, tons of saved texts, plane tickets, and more people than I could even name to testify if that's a thing. However, I've heard that regardless conjugal is the most difficult to get approved. Is this true? I also read that for immigration's sake we are treated like a common law relationship if we have been together a year+ but could not live together due to immigration barriers or laws. What exactly counts as an immigration barrier? Is it as simple as we could have lived together for a year by now if the time limit on visitor visas were longer?
We want to apply inland, but would this be the best option for our case? I'm inclined because of the distance and the price of plane tickets in the case that he needs to come in for an interview (which I imagine he will since we're applying as conjugal). So why not be here anyway, right? In that case, what happens when his 6 month visitor visa runs out? Can he stay since it's estimated to take 12 months to process? If he has to leave, when can he return? Can I leave Canada to visit him while it is processing? Can the two of us leave Canada to vacation (probably 1 week, not the usa) during this process?
If applying as conjugal is not the way to go, what is the best + fastest route? Marriage? I am a business owner as well, would it make sense to put the relationship off the immigration table and have him work for me? Could he extend his visitor's visa for another 6 months so we would be considered common law?
We're both pretty lost on this. Any advice or answers would be awesome.
You do not qualify for conjugal partner sponsorship because there is nothing preventing you from either living together for one full year, or getting married. Abandon that idea immediately! ;)

If you were to get married, you could apply right away. You would have to submit an Outland application, unless he was able to return to Canada, in which case you could submit the Inland sponsorship application.

If marriage isn't the best option for you both, you'll have no choice but to try to live together again (however you decide to split the time there, versus here) to reach one year. You could then apply to sponsor him as your common-law partner.

Unfortunately, the time spent living together previously doesn't count towards the required cohabiting of one year. It does, however, help in terms of your relationship being genuine.

Good luck!

GT_March2017

Mar 27, 2017
Hello,

I have a PR for Canada, however I am residing in USA. I am planning to go to canada with my wife. How do I sponser her PR from outside Canada ?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
GT_March2017 said:
Hello,

I have a PR for Canada, however I am residing in USA. I am planning to go to canada with my wife. How do I sponser her PR from outside Canada ?
As a PR, you must be residing in Canada throughout the process. You cannot sponsor your spouse while you are outside the country.

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
GT_March2017 said:
Hello,

You can't. Only citizens can sponsor outside Canada.