+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skowka09 said:
Hi, I need to call them as well as having major problems with linking the application to my account. Can you give me the number please as I can't seem to see it anywhere

Thanks! :)
1-888-242-2100

skowka09

Feb 23, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
WAW
App. Filed.......
2017-03-07
AOR Received.
2017-03-17
File Transfer...
2017-04-10
Med's Request
2017-03-21
Med's Done....
2017-04-03

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
CanadianZenGirl said:
Another question:

We are in the process of uploading the documents that have been requested. The two we did last night currently read: Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC. And the blue upload buttons have changed to: Update Information.

Does this mean the docs just haven't been seen yet by whomever is working on our file? Or do we need to hit the update button and do something else? I had considered that, but honestly I'm afraid I might screw something up, so I thought it better to ask first.
You need to click the Next button on the bottom then click on Transmit. After doing these steps you will see the details of the documents submitted as "Replacement Provided".

eviquiera

Mar 20, 2017
Before anything else I would like to say hi to all the immigration officer

Me and my husband married last year april 16,2016 and we start the papers at may 2016 then the papers back and back they tell that IMM1344 is the problem then we get a consultant but the consultant she don't see any problem about that so we mail it again then return again so we go to another consultant and he tell is no problem so we send again and this jan 2017 the papers back again so I'm so sad because they tell me have a new form so I don't know what is the exact problem we give all the pic from my wedding and certificate of my wedding , tel bills until now I don't really know what is wrong about my papers

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
eviquiera said:
Before anything else I would like to say hi to all the immigration officer

Me and my husband married last year april 16,2016 and we start the papers at may 2016 then the papers back and back they tell that IMM1344 is the problem then we get a consultant but the consultant she don't see any problem about that so we mail it again then return again so we go to another consultant and he tell is no problem so we send again and this jan 2017 the papers back again so I'm so sad because they tell me have a new form so I don't know what is the exact problem we give all the pic from my wedding and certificate of my wedding , tel bills until now I don't really know what is wrong about my papers
There are no immigration officers on this forum. We are all normal people like you.

It sounds like you used last year's forms when you submitted your application in January. CIC has published new forms and you must use the new versions. You can find them here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

You will have to re-do your entire application package using the new version of the forms before you resubmit your application.

dreams91

Feb 4, 2017
dreams91 said:
I had an interview at new delhi on 27 feb
. And 3 march I got an email from delhiImmigration to complete medical (as my previous medical was expired . Vo told me during interview)
Also in email they asked me to send 4 passport size photographs .
When will I get paasport request?
Plz reply

kmg756

Dec 14, 2016
My husband and I are almost done with our process (He is in the UK) and I am just wondering if someone can confirm if documents will be mailed to him in the UK or is it all via email? Are they documents that we print or will he have to wait until they get mailed? Cant seem to find any information online (or not looking in the right spot). He will not have access to that mailbox at the end of next month. He has only had correspondence with CIC via email ? Can someone please help?

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kmg756 said:
My husband and I are almost done with our process (He is in the UK) and I am just wondering if someone can confirm if documents will be mailed to him in the UK or is it all via email? Are they documents that we print or will he have to wait until they get mailed? Cant seem to find any information online (or not looking in the right spot). He will not have access to that mailbox at the end of next month. He has only had correspondence with CIC via email ? Can someone please help?

Thanks
his approval paper is sent by regular mail, they will not be emailed to him, so he will want to make sure he has access to a mailing address where he's living or in canada. The approval paper is not just automatically sent. He first will receive a passport request by email. When he responds to his passport request, he will be providing the address to send his approval paper to, so it does not have to be the same address that is in the application. There will be instructions included about how to process everything at ottawa, if he's in canada at that time.

Grahamp

Mar 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum and would really appreciate the help or advise anyone can give me. I have submitted my application but it was returned due to IRPR?

It states "An application must meet the requirements of sections 10 and 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) to be accepted for processing. Section 12 of the IRPR states: "If the requirements of section 10 and 11 are not met, the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the applicant"

I am at a loss. I have no idea why the application was returned as I am sponsoring my husband, (no as a refugee). I submitted everything and I am not getting anywhere by calling CIC.

Please help!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Grahamp said:
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum and would really appreciate the help or advise anyone can give me. I have submitted my application but it was returned due to IRPR?

It states "An application must meet the requirements of sections 10 and 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) to be accepted for processing. Section 12 of the IRPR states: "If the requirements of section 10 and 11 are not met, the application and all documents submitted in support of the application shall be returned to the applicant"

I am at a loss. I have no idea why the application was returned as I am sponsoring my husband, (no as a refugee). I submitted everything and I am not getting anywhere by calling CIC.

Please help!
Hi, you can find information about this by googling "IRPR Canada" + the section number. there's too much info to copy, but it seems to be related to the documents. either they were not signed correctly, are incomplete somehow or are not the most up to date version. you need to check all documents for these criteria and do a google search to read the IRPR requirements.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Libu said:
You need to click the Next button on the bottom then click on Transmit. After doing these steps you will see the details of the documents submitted as "Replacement Provided".
Thank you!

I did notice that afterward. I hadn't scrolled down far enough. Sheesh.

I really am smarter than I make myself appear. ;)

Nonameuser

Mar 15, 2017
Hi Members,

I'm in Canada and my wife is in Pakistan. I applied for my wife sponsership in April 2016. Application was received in May, and started in August. We received an email in November for additional documents. We sent additional pictures and documents to UK office as requested. Since then there is no update and when we check it online. Just shows application is IN PROCESS or when we login to my account, it shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Also doesnt show if they are reviewing additional documents, only shows "Not applicable"

Please suggest what should we do as it's been a long time without any update. Should I contact the Visa officer who asked for addition information through email?

flangepoint

Jun 1, 2014
Hey guys,

I need some urgent help. I've made a terrible mistake.

I applied for spousal sponsorship and I made a mistake in correspondence address.
I entered apartment no 470 in place of apartment 407( which is my correct address).

My application reached CPC Mississuaga and got returned because it was incomplete, but when it was returned, it was returned to the "wrong address" apartment 470 that I entered in while applying. The owner of apartment 470 returned this application without opening back to CPC mississauga stating that no such person resides at this address.

Luckily, I got in touch with the owner of apartment 470 & he told that he has returned the application. I then called CIC and explained the case to them. They said in this case, once we receive the application, they would again return the application to the same address. I did not get the logic. Why would they again return it to the address from where they got it back?

Even if they do so, this time the owner of that apartment has assured me that he will contact me.

A question to all people from this forum. Is there any way I can make sure that the application is not lost in transit? Becuase, I think what if the application is stuck with Canada post under " Non attended" OR " Wrong recepient" category and is just rotting somewhere ?

Also, why can CIC not send an email after they find an application is being returned as incomplete. At least when they get a return application saying applicant doesnt reside here can they not "logically" email me, saying that the address you have provided is wrong.

I know I've made a mistake, but I'm looking to correct it.
I called CIC and got my address corrected in their records, but the address on the physical paper application is still wrong & I'm scared to death that it's lost forever.
Please help guys.

Thanks

inder1982

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Please Help here. I am going to sponsor my wife from india within a month. (Both were married and divorced, once) and I have sufficient funds and all the required documents etc. Question is Do I need to fill Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 5481 E) and Finanacial Evaluation (IMM 1283) ?? the reason why i am asking this question is, on CIC website it shows like this

Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 742.74 KB), only if you are sponsoring your dependent child who has no dependent children of his or her own. Unless instructed otherwise, if you live in Quebec, you don’t need to fill out this form.

•Financial Evaluation [IMM 1283] (PDF, 1.24 MB), only if you are sponsoring a dependent child who has a dependent child. Unless instructed otherwise, if you live in Quebec, you don’t need to fill out this form.

[[size=10pt] please help ... because when I open the form, there is information which might be needed to CIC, I am confused please someone help here

inder1982

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Re: Spousal sponsorship help

inder1982 said:
Please Help here. I am going to sponsor my wife from india within a month. (Both were married and divorced, once) and I have sufficient funds and all the required documents etc. Question is Do I need to fill Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 5481 E) and Finanacial Evaluation (IMM 1283) ?? the reason why i am asking this question is, on CIC website it shows like this

Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 742.74 KB), only if you are sponsoring your dependent child who has no dependent children of his or her own. Unless instructed otherwise, if you live in Quebec, you don’t need to fill out this form.

•Financial Evaluation [IMM 1283] (PDF, 1.24 MB), only if you are sponsoring a dependent child who has a dependent child. Unless instructed otherwise, if you live in Quebec, you don’t need to fill out this form.

[[size=10pt] please help ... because when I open the form, there is information which might be needed to CIC, I am confused please someone help here