Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
enggvirdi said:
Hello Seniors,

Greetings! I have a doubt. I am an Indian living is Canada as a PR. I am about to file my an application to sponsor my wife. We got married around a month back and she added my name in her passport as a husband name. But, we didnt change her address to my Indian address (my parental home) and it's still the same as her parental home. I wanted to know if that will be an issue?

Do we need to add the spouse's name on her Aadhar card as well?

Please help, thanks.
Ask on the New Delhi thread, people there will be well-versed in this.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Marlg said:
Our application is in Queue for scheduling of Interview as well , I'm Canadian my Husband is from Libya we both live in Europe and have been for three plus years now , he has Refugee status here , And our Lawyer ordered notes but we have not received a Interview date or the notes yet , I wish you good luck in your Interview, I was told it was normal to have a Interview but I always thought an interview was for couples that were married and living apart ... Still don't know if the Interview is for both of us or just my husband .. Some are telling me it's for both some are saying it's only for him It's very stressful I know , Sending good vibes your way
It's likely normal because your husband is from Libya. Don't be offended over it. Any couple could be subjected to an interview. Usually it means there are "red flags" about the relationship, but it could be just a vetting process over security concerns, or due to your husband's immigration history.

nick360

Oct 24, 2014
Sorry if this post isn't relevant to this forum it concerns a refund from CIC for a cancelled spousal sponsorship application. I am looking to see if anyone has any advice or experience obtaining refunds as I have been waiting 7 months now. This is my story so far:

- May 2016 cancelled inland spousal application to change to outland
- June 2016 received letter accepting cancellation and saying I was elible for a refund and will receive it within 6 - 8 weeks (the amount is $1040)
- August 2016 still waiting on refund I send a message via the CIC website with my information
- September 2016 still waiting a response, send another message via CIC I then find an email address for refunds IPRMS-SIGPR@cic.gc.ca so I send a request there with all of my information
- October 2016 Send another email to this address as I had not received a response. Finally someone responds to my message and asks for my details (despite the fact I had sent these details already). I am then told my refund is in process and will be in my account 'very soon' (their words)
- December 2016 - December still no money and I call the CIC number to see what is happening, they tell me it is processing and that I should call back end of December if I still haven't received the money. Still no money so I call and email again. I am told they will put another request in so I can receive my money
January 2017 - Am still waiting for my money so call again and tell them how many times I have called and emailed and they inform me that there is nothing I can do and they will put in another request for a refund and I will receive it as soon as possible.
Feb 2017 - I email again and they say they will put in a request to see if I can receive my refund but everyday I check and there is still no money in my account.

As you can tell this has been a continuous cycle of asking for a refund and then receiving information that it is on the way but I never actually receive anything in my account. I am getting increasingly concered that I am not going to receive my money. Does anyone have any advice for me? It's not like I haven't bugged them enough times. At this point I feel like the government has stolen my money, is there anyone else I can make a complaint to? They tell me I am not allowed to talk to the actual office that deals with refunds.

foreverbailey

Star Member
Dec 20, 2007
Thank you for your response, We are waiting for our lawyer to receive our notes , so we know what caused the Interview request , We have been together since 2011 living together since 2013, Is the Interview for both of us or just my husband ? They stated our file is in queue awaiting scheduling for an Interview on their next visit to Malta , Anyone have any idea how long we will wait for an appointment, I'm guessing it will be a while our application has been processing since March 16 th 2016 , we filed our application January 2016 :'(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nick360 said:
As you can tell this has been a continuous cycle of asking for a refund and then receiving information that it is on the way but I never actually receive anything in my account. I am getting increasingly concered that I am not going to receive my money. Does anyone have any advice for me? It's not like I haven't bugged them enough times. At this point I feel like the government has stolen my money, is there anyone else I can make a complaint to? They tell me I am not allowed to talk to the actual office that deals with refunds.
Contact your MP.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sometimes some questions get you, so this one has confused me....in IMM5532 – PART C -7
Q: Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship?
Issue: For "Are they related to Sponsor or Principal applicant" should we answer yes/no or should we specify say Sponsor/Principal Applicant or is it Relative/Friend
Also, what should be entered in "Relationship to"...

Appreciate if you could give example

Thanks,

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ak_indi said:
Sometimes some questions get you, so this one has confused me....in IMM5532 – PART C -7
Q: Do your close friends, family and children know about your relationship?
Issue: For "Are they related to Sponsor or Principal applicant" should we answer yes/no or should we specify say Sponsor/Principal Applicant or is it Relative/Friend
Also, what should be entered in "Relationship to"...

Appreciate if you could give example

Thanks,
Quick example (assuming you are the sponsor):

Family Name: Indi

Given name(s): Ak's Mom

Are they related to sponsor or principal applicant: Sponsor

Relationship to sponsor or principal applicant: Mother

Date they met sponsor or principal applicant: July 1st 2014 (the date your mom met your spouse)

Kingswinsking

Feb 4, 2017
How muc time
Is it taking these days for loa to arrive
19th jan 2017 - me and my sponsor interviewed
26th jan all remaining funds documents submitted
28th my sister who libes in winnipeg interviewed also
Waiting for loa desperately
Please someone enlighten me on this matter

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Kingswinsking said:
How muc time
Is it taking these days for loa to arrive
19th jan 2017 - me and my sponsor interviewed
26th jan all remaining funds documents submitted
28th my sister who libes in winnipeg interviewed also
Waiting for loa desperately
Please someone enlighten me on this matter
What's "loa" ? PPR? Decision? How did the interview(s) go? Did they take your passport at the interview?

dreams91

Feb 4, 2017
how long it take after spouse visa interview for india...? i have an interview this month . so will i be getting visa soon after interview ?

abright

Jul 1, 2016
Hey Forum,

Moving slowly through the initial document-gathering process and I've got a quick question about PCCs.

The CIC website seems to indicate that you have to get a PCC from any place you've lived six months or more cumulatively since the age of 18. But I see people on the forums discussing it as if it's six months or more continuously. Why the discrepancy?

Here's my specific situation: I'm an American citizen and I have family in South Africa. I have made annual trips to visit them almost every year. The visits are usually about two to four weeks long and were strictly tourist/family oriented. I have always maintained my own home address (and work or school connections) back in the States. In other words, I never "moved" to South Africa or "lived there" (in my own layman's understanding of that term). But added together, the total number of visits would tally to more than six months. Do I need to get a PCC from South Africa?

Thanks in advance!

bananaoatmeal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Guys, quick question. When I'll be able to submit my Schedule A online, will I also be able to submit a doc file with an explanation to one of the questions?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
abright said:
Hey Forum,

Moving slowly through the initial document-gathering process and I've got a quick question about PCCs.

The CIC website seems to indicate that you have to get a PCC from any place you've lived six months or more cumulatively since the age of 18. But I see people on the forums discussing it as if it's six months or more continuously. Why the discrepancy?

Here's my specific situation: I'm an American citizen and I have family in South Africa. I have made annual trips to visit them almost every year. The visits are usually about two to four weeks long and were strictly tourist/family oriented. I have always maintained my own home address (and work or school connections) back in the States. In other words, I never "moved" to South Africa or "lived there" (in my own layman's understanding of that term). But added together, the total number of visits would tally to more than six months. Do I need to get a PCC from South Africa?

Thanks in advance!
If you look at the instructions for the new kit, it pares it down further. It says for the place you're currently residing if you've been there six months or more, and the place you spent the most time since the age of 18. It no longer asks for any place you've spent six months or more cumulatively.

I agree there's a discrepancy with advice. Not sure exactly where it comes from. It could have been different at some point, and people who went through the process a long time ago are not familiar with the fact it's changed. This is a good example of how this forum can be a great resource, but people who've already gone through the process need to be careful not to give advice that's no longer relevant. Even since I've applied in September, some things have changed enough that advice I would give based on my experience at the time wouldn't be helpful.

kapatel

Feb 4, 2016
Hello Experts,

I have a couple of question regarding spousal PR file, spousal OWP and timeline for that.

I have just got my COPR under EE and got passport stamped. Wait to finish landing.

I am planning to get married in March 2017. And my fiancee is living in Canada. Her existing OWP is going to expire in march 1st week.

Questions:

1) Should I wait to get married with her until I get my PR card?

2)Can I put PR file for her immediately after getting married (Canadian registered marriage)?

3)What is the process to apply for her OWP? And how long it takes to get OWP for her? Processing time?

4)Do I need to apply for her PR and OWP at same time?

5)If Officer asked me about my marriage plan during my landing at border, what should I tell them?

6) She has cleared PEBC and wanted to start internship in Alberta. Is it possible to start internship on implied status or applied status?

Please please provide me information or any advise.

Thanks in advance