+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
I am going to send my package for PR application today. However, I heard of the open work permit recently as a way to enter Canada while waiting for the PR process to be done and approved. Could someone tell me more about this? I am considering filling out its forms and send it with my PR Documents. Any suggestions?

Ahmed689

Feb 3, 2017
Spousal sponsorship- is telephone "Nikah" still acceptable by CIC

hi all,
I am a Canadian permanent resident and I am planning to get married soon. if anyone can help me does CIC still accept telephone or skype Nikah? as my spouse is still in Pakistan or do i have to go to Pakistan for Nikah/wedding and than come back and apply for my spouse visa ?

jansengis

Feb 3, 2017
Hi!

We sent in the PR/sponsorship application with my application for an open work permit, received by them on the 1st of November 2016. We got updates on the PR/sponsorship application around the 23rd of November 2016, but I still don't have any updates or information on my OWP application.

Logged on to my CIC account and there's nothing there regarding my OWP application.

Does it normally take this long to receive an update?

Also, my work permit just expired on the 15th of January 2017. I am still allowed to work cause of implied status right?

Thanks in advance for replies

Feb 3, 2017
After reading the new guide on Spousal Sponsorship, I am a bit confused. Can I (as a Canadian citizen living overseas) send my application to sponsor, at the same time as my sponsored spouse sends her application for sponsorship? The guide seems to indicate that I need to apply and be approved to sponsor, BEFORE my sponsored spouse sends her application...PLEASE HELP!

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Omegabyte said:
She lost her prior (common-law) husband in a workplace incident. :'(

I've read elsewhere on this forum, as well as other websites, that housing subsidies aren't welfare. I only mentioned our circumstance as anecdotal evidence of that statement. If you find out otherwise, please let me know? Thanks Canuck_in_UK.
i need yo help,i'm working in part time job and living in geared to income housing,also getting Child Tax Credit,my concern is am i able to sponsor my wife? is subsidized housing is considered social assistance which prevent me from sponsoring my spouse? the program called Rent geared to income Assistance (Sudbury ON)Thanks

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
hello
my brother applied for his wife and checked online on 28th january ,2017 that it shows DECISION MADE.
but he didn't receive passport request?
how long does it take to recieve an email.
he submitted in delhi, india

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
My background check is changed from Not needed at this time to In Progress since 12th Jan 2017!
Whats next pls advise !

Thanks
Hasan

dreams91

Feb 4, 2017
I have recieved an email saying my Interview is scheduled on 27 feb 2017 . is it a sign that they have doubts on my file?
I am married in india amd my husband is canadian citizen

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
dreams91 said:
I have recieved an email saying my Interview is scheduled on 27 feb 2017 . is it a sign that they have doubts on my file?
I am married in india amd my husband is canadian citizen
Usually interviews are scheduled for two reasons 1) concerns around the relationship being genuine or 2) discrepancies / missing information / more information required based on the application content.

So, in preparation, gather additional proof of your relationship genuineness and review your application carefully for any possible discrepancies or "red flags" such as deviation from cultural norms in your marriage, affiliations, information that may have been missed. Be prepared to answer detailed and intimate questions about your relationship.

There is a thread in this forum for interview preparation - you should probably find it and review it.

C.

Nov 16, 2016
Hi All,

We are in process of filling the spousal sponsorship forms,Please help us out i filling the required information:

My husband who is canadian citizen is applying to sponsor me from canada, we got married on 21 september and spent our moments together till 26th jan 2017 and he went back on 27th jan to apply for sponsrship and get the job there

My questions are :

1. My husband is unemployed currently, and planning to do some security job this month , currently he is getting trained in it.
from the past 1 year he did not have proper job and if he has he had with minimum pay. Does it impacts the sponsorship application? if yes what measures we can take, myself working as a software engineer in india does it adds any positive note to the application?

2. Imm5532E Part A Qn1.: to give about the sponsors employment history but my husband as gaps in the employment and he dont remember all of the organisations he worked from the past 5 years how can we provide the explanation?

3. IMM 5532E Part C Qn 4: If you are not together have you visited each other during your relationship?
what would be the answer for this? if currently my husband is in Canada and am in India .As per Qn 3 Are you living together now ,the answer would be No right?

4.According to Countrys specific instructions i need to submit my Birth Certificate ,Should i Submit Original? In My Birth Certificate My mother name is wrongly printed does it affects?

5. In IMM008 Qn 3 : How many family members including you are in this application ,? is the answer 1 or 2 should i include sponsor and principal applicant ?

6. I am trying to pay the fees online form india , i created online account but unable to look out for the option of how to pay the fees please guid me how can i pay my fees online for submitting the papers (hardcopies)

Please help me out to get the answers for above questions.

Thanks in Advance

dreams91

Feb 4, 2017
chilkootcee said:
Usually interviews are scheduled for two reasons 1) concerns around the relationship being genuine or 2) discrepancies / missing information / more information required based on the application content.

So, in preparation, gather additional proof of your relationship genuineness and review your application carefully for any possible discrepancies or "red flags" such as deviation from cultural n9orms in your marriage, affiliations, information that may have been missed. Be prepared to answer detailed and intimate questions about your relationship.

There is a thread in this forum for interview preparation - you should probably find it and review it.

C.

Thankyou !! How long it takes after interview?

enggvirdi

Dec 2, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pending
Nomination.....
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
NDVO does not send AORs
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
2nd line on 21st March 2015
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-04-2015; Third line on 28-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
Hello Seniors,

Greetings! I have a doubt. I am an Indian living is Canada as a PR. I am about to file my an application to sponsor my wife. We got married around a month back and she added my name in her passport as a husband name. But, we didnt change her address to my Indian address (my parental home) and it's still the same as her parental home. I wanted to know if that will be an issue?

Do we need to add the spouse's name on her Aadhar card as well?

Please help, thanks.

Marlg

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Our application is in Queue for scheduling of Interview as well , I'm Canadian my Husband is from Libya we both live in Europe and have been for three plus years now , he has Refugee status here , And our Lawyer ordered notes but we have not received a Interview date or the notes yet , I wish you good luck in your Interview, I was told it was normal to have a Interview but I always thought an interview was for couples that were married and living apart ... Still don't know if the Interview is for both of us or just my husband .. Some are telling me it's for both some are saying it's only for him It's very stressful I know , Sending good vibes your way

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Good afternoon everyone.

I have one question to ask. Under Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5532) Part C #7 where they ask you does your family and close friends know about your relationship. Is there a maximum number of person/persons that needs to be written down? Or are we just to follow their given spaces, which is five?

Thank you very much.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
fastl said:
Good afternoon everyone.

I have one question to ask. Under Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5532) Part C #7 where they ask you does your family and close friends know about your relationship. Is there a maximum number of person/persons that needs to be written down? Or are we just to follow their given spaces, which is five?

Thank you very much.
Just put the given space...don't over do it.