+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Survivor27 said:
Hi, IMM 5406 is for the Sponsored/Applicant only which is YOU :)
But it says at the top of the first page of this form that me and each of my family member 18 or older must fill out their own copy. Does this mean that my sponsor doesn't have to fill it because she is Canadian?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
luissuarez said:
But it says at the top of the first page of this form that me and each of my family member 18 or older must fill out their own copy. Does this mean that my sponsor doesn't have to fill it because she is Canadian?
That's correct.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
luissuarez said:
What about the Schedule A form (5669)?
the schedule A form is an applicant form. If you are the sponsor, you do not fill out the schedule A. only the PR applicant fills out the applicant forms. For application purposes, the sponsor is not a "family member" or "spouse", you are ONLY the sponsor and ONLY need to fill out the forms listed on the SPONSOR checklist. "family members" and "spouse" being referenced on the form is for other immigration streams where couples and families apply for PR together in the same application. this is not specific to spousal sponsorship. for spousal sponsorship, the only person filling out the applicant forms are those applying for PR approval.

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
the schedule A form is an applicant form. If you are the sponsor, you do not fill out the schedule A. only the PR applicant fills out the applicant forms. For application purposes, the sponsor is not a "family member" or "spouse", you are ONLY the sponsor and ONLY need to fill out the forms listed on the SPONSOR checklist. "family members" and "spouse" being referenced on the form is for other immigration streams where couples and families apply for PR together in the same application. this is not specific to spousal sponsorship. for spousal sponsorship, the only person filling out the applicant forms are those applying for PR approval.
Many Thanks

Damion_1

Jan 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
KNG VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Interview........
11- 23-2016
Passport Req..
01-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-2016
LANDED..........
02-4-2016
I need help guys.. I had asked the question before but apparently never worded it properly. My wife who's my sponsor gave birth to our daghter in Canada a day after I received my PR visa and COPR. I intend to land on Saturday Feb 4th. What are my obligations to IRCC in relation to the birth and will this affect my landing?

ojofar

Dec 20, 2016
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
21-06-2017
Med's Request
01-07-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Hello I have a question

When entering dates, "From & to", could I put "present" if I'm at my current home address or my current employment?

thanks

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
I am living outside Canada and I am applying outland. Which address should I send the documents to?

CPC Mississauga
P.O. BOX 3000, Station A
Mississiauga, ON
L5A 4N6

OR

CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300
Mississiauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

scahmed

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Guys,

As per new application , Max of 20 photos and 10 pages of communication are allowed to prove the authenticity of the relationship. So I filtered my chat history , choosing one conversation per month to filter year worth of chat history into 10 pages and for photos, I am attaching two from the Nikkah signing ceremony , 4 from wedding ( I had combined barat/walima) showing rukhsati and us sitting on stage with guests and rest of pictures from family gatherings , birthday parties etc.

Now when I read posts here on this forum , people have submitted 100-200 page worth of communication history and ton of pictures as a proof in past. So I am bit confused, should I limit photos and communication history as per the limit identified in the checklist or ignore it and send them more pictures and communication history?

Thanks in advance,
Asad

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hi! We are about to send our application for spousal sponsorhip. However, the sponsor is about to move to a new house in a month. How would that affect our application? Does CIC require sponsor to have a house that is owned? Because he is staying with his Mom and the house is owned by mother. The house he's staying now is in foreclosure It's just the two of them in Canada so they've been staying together since they became citizen in canada.

If we submit our application now, can we update it in the system next month?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Avicon2016 said:
Hi! We are about to send our application for spousal sponsorhip. However, the sponsor is about to move to a new house in a month. How would that affect our application? Does CIC require sponsor to have a house that is owned? Because he is staying with his Mom and the house is owned by mother. The house he's staying now is in foreclosure It's just the two of them in Canada so they've been staying together since they became citizen in canada.

If we submit our application now, can we update it in the system next month?
Yes, you can submit your application now and change your address later. Also, when CIC opens up your ECAS it allows you to change the address online.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suggestions please

1. Is missing birth certificate (not officially registered in India) an impediment in the application. What is the valid acceptable solution
2. One visitor visa rejection of the PA - is it an impediment in the approval process

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
hello everyone,

I have one confusion. I was requested to pay my RPRF . in the letter they stated that-

"Send all the documents from the list below to this office in one envelope:

þ Your sponsor in Canada must contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF):
STEP 1: Pay Online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
STEP 2: Submit Proof of Payment to CPC Mississauga:
Online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-after.asp
By Fax: 905-803-7392
By Mail: CPC Mississauga, 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200, Mississauga ON L4Z 1H8
NOTE: If proof of payment has not been sent to CPC Mississauga, our office cannot confirm the payment to continue processing your application."

my confusion is that my wife( my sponsor) was with me so my mother in law paid my RPRF from Canada and i send the receipt online through the link they given ( my wife) was visiting me that time. Any reply is hugely appreciated.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
love(ao) said:
hello everyone,

I have one confusion. I was requested to pay my RPRF . in the letter they stated that-

"Send all the documents from the list below to this office in one envelope:

þ Your sponsor in Canada must contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF):
STEP 1: Pay Online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
STEP 2: Submit Proof of Payment to CPC Mississauga:
Online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-after.asp
By Fax: 905-803-7392
By Mail: CPC Mississauga, 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200, Mississauga ON L4Z 1H8
NOTE: If proof of payment has not been sent to CPC Mississauga, our office cannot confirm the payment to continue processing your application."

my confusion is that my wife( my sponsor) was with me so my mother in law paid my RPRF from Canada and i send the receipt online through the link they given ( my wife) was visiting me that time. Any reply is hugely appreciated.
Did you save the page or copy of receipt? Just re-upload it to the website or fax it to them.

love(ao)

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17th Nov 2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
22nd Dec 2015
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
up front(23-03-2015) remed(17-12-2016)
Interview........
5th December 2016
Passport Req..
18-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2017
LANDED..........
16-05-2017
barch88 said:
Did you save the page or copy of receipt? Just re-upload it to the website or fax it to them.
i uploaded the receipt. I also received a confirmation email. but my question is i send it through email not my wife who is my sponsor. is this ok? coz she was visiting me that time.