11- 23-2016
Passport Req..
01-18-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-2016
LANDED..........
02-4-2016
TANMEX said:
Is your wife currently in Canada ? If she's not in Canada and give birth before you land you will need to return the CoPR and add your new born to the application .
She is in Canada. Sorry I left that part out

Sherzad

Feb 27, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone !

I need your help and advises for the downloading the applications forms since it changed.

Spousal sponsorship:

Who are you sponsoring? Answer is there.

I am from Afghanistan and now living in Turkey with short term resident and want to start applying for sponsorship from Turkey. So for this option or selection what should I choose, My country Afghanistan or my residence country now where I live in Turkey. All our documents, like marriage certificate, ID and ect... are issued by Afghan government. Should I select in the country of Residence, TURKEY and in (Documents issued by another country option) AFGHANISTAN.

What is the country of residence of the person being sponsored?

The country a person is living in. A person’s country of residence may be different from their country or countries of citizenship.
If the person being sponsored resides in Canada, select Canada.

There is another option which is new to add another country who issued documents ! Please have a review and add your opinions.

Do you need to submit documents issued by another country?

Select a country or territory to get country specific instructions for your documents such as passports, birth certificates, marriage or divorce certificates, national identification cards, military service documents (eg. military booklets), and/or other civil documents.

Thanks in advance.

Skitz

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/06/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
File Transfer...
23/08/2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
DM 22nd Jan/ PPR 23rd Jan 2017
VISA ISSUED...
PPR sent 25th Jan/Jan 31st
I am curious, when does Final Decision on mycic change to closed/approved? Is it when you land or when the passports and COPR is issued by the VO?

viva-c

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Toronto, ON
luissuarez said:
Hi,

We are almost done with the application and going to send it this week. My wife is sponsoring me and we have a Canadian 6-month-old daughter. I have a question regarding the supporting documents for sponsored person in IMM5533 (Documents checklist). In the "Identity docs, travel docs, and passports" section, I was asked to provide passports' first pages, canada entry stamps if any, birth certificates, national IDs, family booklet, etc.

Does my wife (Sponsor) and daughter need to provide those docs even though they are Canadians? If not, then is it only me who needs to provide those docs?
It will help for you to think of the application in two totally separate parts. There's the sponsor forms/supporting documents, and the applicant forms/ supporting documents. You are the applicant and your wife is the sponsor. Anything requested of the applicant (you) just refers to you (and any family members who you are bringing with you, which in your case, is none). The section you are referring to is for the applicant so it only applies to you.

You should refer to the sponsor supporting doc section on the checklist to see which documents like passports etc. need to be included for your sponsor.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf

scahmed

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
Hi Guys

IMM5532E

Part C - Info about Relationship

3. Are you living together now? Yes or No
If Yes, how long you been living together? Give period(s) you have been living together after your conjugal relationship started.

Q: My wife and I lived together for almost a month before I came back to Canada in Mid Jan 2017 , so should I answer Yes or NO for this question

Thanks in advance

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
scahmed said:
Hi Guys

IMM5532E

Part C - Info about Relationship

3. Are you living together now? Yes or No
If Yes, how long you been living together? Give period(s) you have been living together after your conjugal relationship started.

Q: My wife and I lived together for almost a month before I came back to Canada in Mid Jan 2017 , so should I answer Yes or NO for this question

Thanks in advance
it is not talking about before...Are you guys currently living together? as in right now. if you have a place together and are in fact living together sharing expenses, etc then the answer would be yes you are living together. however, if you are in separate countries, then the answer is No, you are not living together. makes sense??? hope this answer your question

scahmed

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
MonzB said:
it is not talking about before...Are you guys currently living together? as in right now. if you have a place together and are in fact living together sharing expenses, etc then the answer would be yes you are living together. however, if you are in separate countries, then the answer is No, you are not living together. makes sense??? hope this answer your question
Got it. Thanks for quick response.

AVP296

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-26-2016 from NDVO
Med's Request
completed up front in March 2016
Interview........
Dec 14, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 2017
Sorry guys,

it has been a while since I have post something here.

I have updated my timeline. Please see.
Wife arrived in Toronto in less than 9 months, even though when I apply the timeline was 19 months.
I had few red flags and because of that we had an interview. She passed the interview and got the visa in a month or so after the interview.

My suggestion for family who gets called in for interview is to attend the interview in person at any cost.
if I would not have gone in person for an interview, wife was failed, but the officer had me there waiting outside so she called me in to clear her doubts.
she also told me, if I was not attending in person, they would move the file to antoher interview in Toronto for sponsor and than I have to appeal in Toronto to get an interview to re-open the file and get the interview done. this would take few more months depending on Toronto interview schedule times.

Best of luck to everyone who are still waiting.

are there anyone from May applicant, still waiting for PR

heyven100

May 13, 2016
Hi I'm working on my application and looking for some help, in proof of relationship--can I submit photographs on WORD page, with picture and caption/label---or is it better to send traditional 4x6 printed photographs?

Thank you.

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
viva-c said:
It will help for you to think of the application in two totally separate parts. There's the sponsor forms/supporting documents, and the applicant forms/ supporting documents. You are the applicant and your wife is the sponsor. Anything requested of the applicant (you) just refers to you (and any family members who you are bringing with you, which in your case, is none). The section you are referring to is for the applicant so it only applies to you.

You should refer to the sponsor supporting doc section on the checklist to see which documents like passports etc. need to be included for your sponsor.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf
Thanks for your reply. Actually, my wife (sponsor) and our daughter are coming with me to Canada. I forgot to mention that my wife is currently residing outside Canada. Also, this section (Supporting Documents for Applicant) refers to all his family members. So I assume this include my wife (Sponsor) and daughter, right?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
heyven100 said:
Hi I'm working on my application and looking for some help, in proof of relationship--can I submit photographs on WORD page, with picture and caption/label---or is it better to send traditional 4x6 printed photographs?

Thank you.
MS WORD is fine...we put 2 photos per page with detailed captions (date, place, names of people in the photos, event (if applicable). I think they restrict the number of photos now...keep it to what they say.

C.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
luissuarez said:
Hi all,

My wife is sponsoring me. Does she need to fill out her copy of "Additional Family Information" (IMM5406)?
Hi, IMM 5406 is for the Sponsored/Applicant only which is YOU :)

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016