Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kosovo2016 said:
Hey
I would like to ask if someone knows is it possible that the application will lasts longer than the processing time that is written in online services?

Thanks
Yes it's possible ,and also possible to be finalized sooner .

Kosovo2016

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Kosovo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 january 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Passport Req..
TANMEX said:
Yes it's possible ,and also possible to be finalized sooner .
Waiting is sooo stressful..hope they will finalize sooner.

barch88

Dec 19, 2016
Penticton, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
File Transfer...
26-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
27-03-2017
Kosovo2016 said:
Hey
I would like to ask if someone knows is it possible that the application will lasts longer than the processing time that is written in online services?

Thanks
Yes. Generally US Outland applicants are processed in 4-6 months, even though it says 12 months.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Calgaryzach said:
My wife and I are submitting the new application soon but have a quick question... For social media proof we have printed 28 pages of proof that shows friends and family commenting on posts with pictures we shared (trip to Taiwan, dates together, other travels in Canada etc etc..), we want to also add 1-2 pictures printed from Costco or London Drugs for each social media posting (28 pages of posts, 1 post per page), will this be okay?

We also want to include more than 20 pictures if possible on top of the social media proof pictures, is it okay to do this? We just want to show as much evidence/proof of relationship so we don't chance getting an interview
28 pages of social media proof is too much. It is just one form of supporting documentation. You should cut it way down.

As for the photos, IRCC is quite specific in saying no more than 20 photos. They likely placed this limit because they were tired of people sending so many pictures. Follow the instructions and limit it to 20.

gkountouris

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 July 2016
AOR Received.
AOR 2 : 23 Aug 2016
File Transfer...
25 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Nope....
VISA ISSUED...
09/02/2017
Hi all

As part of outland sponsorship proccedure , i ve noticed that from 20/01/2017 my background status changed to " in progress" . Do anyone knows when is gonna be finalized to " Decision made" ?My visa office is at Rome. Thank you

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dlre said:
There are no income requirement for sponsoring a spouse but you need to be able to show that you can support your spouse since you will be on the hook for 5 years after they landed. So even if you don't have a job right now, if you have a healthy bank account, show that ;D
Regarding Evidence of good employment income or strong funds for sponsoring spouse, i still not get it because its not mentioned anywhere that we need to have minimum income or bank balance to sponsor spouse. Please correct me if i am wrong. I am worried because i landed in mid 2015 and was out of Canada for most of 2016 last quarter, thus do not have strong income for 2015 or 2016 and also bank balance is not astounding. However, my spouse has strong funds in home country. Please suggest and/or cite guidelines from CIC if any.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ak_indi said:
Regarding Evidence of good employment income or strong funds for sponsoring spouse, i still not get it because its not mentioned anywhere that we need to have minimum income or bank balance to sponsor spouse. Please correct me if i am wrong. I am worried because i landed in mid 2015 and was out of Canada for most of 2016 last quarter, thus do not have strong income for 2015 or 2016 and also bank balance is not astounding. However, my spouse has strong funds in home country. Please suggest and/or cite guidelines from CIC if any.
there is no minimum income requirement for SPOUSAL sponsorship. a sponsor is not required to be employed or have an income to sponsor a spouse. in your application you can provide an explanation about how you plan to support yourselves once your spouse lands. this can be done in many ways: showing proof of savings from both of you, letters of support from local family and friends, information about what industries/jobs you both will be looking for, etc. many sponsors successfully sponsor their spouses without having an income or job.

also, the other poster is wrong. in spousal sponsorship, the sponsor is financially responsible for the PR for 3 years after landing, not 5.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
there is no minimum income requirement for SPOUSAL sponsorship. a sponsor is not required to be employed or have an income to sponsor a spouse. in your application you can provide an explanation about how you plan to support yourselves once your spouse lands. this can be done in many ways: showing proof of savings from both of you, letters of support from local family and friends, information about what industries/jobs you both will be looking for, etc. many sponsors successfully sponsor their spouses without having an income or job.

also, the other poster is wrong. in spousal sponsorship, the sponsor is financially responsible for the PR for 3 years after landing, not 5.
Thanks CDNPR2014, thats what i thought too.
Appreciate your inputs.

cindyy

Nov 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MÉXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2017
File Transfer...
SA - March 11/17
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
22-10-2016
Interview........
TBD
Passport Req..
TBD
LANDED..........
TBD
I sent my application yesterday & I have just realized that the address I put it in when to the outland processing centre which is Stattion A i am in land so it should have been Station B.. Has anyone experienced something similar. Please help I am nervous now because it is in the wrong centre.

lafayette

Dec 9, 2016
Hey Folks,

I read some confusing stories on the forums about FBI background checks getting complicated because the CIC was at first, and then wasn't, accepting reports from channelers.

Has that now been cleared up? Can people confirm that they used channelers and had their application successfully approved? Has anyone run into problems with channelers since the CIC "officially" began accepting reports from channelers again?

FWIW, I'm a US citizen, living in the US, applying outland. My spouse is a Canadian citizen.

Also, has anyone had particularly good, or particularly bad, experiences with specific channelers? All their websites look pretty shady to me...

Thanks in advance,
lafayette

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
prvc said:
For US Citizens and PRs, yes, they accept the PCC from FBI-approved channelers.

If you'd like to use a channeler, you may want to choose National Credit Reporting (www.myFBIreport.com), for they offer delivery of the FBI PCC by mail within 5-7 days or overnight.
There are several of us who have successfully used Fieldprint as well. My results were in my e-mail before we'd even left the parking lot at the place I had my prints scanned. New kit applicants are being asked to upload a digital copy through MyCIC anyway. While they say they may ask for a physical copy at a later date, those of us who printed out the PDF that Fieldprint issues have had no problems with them not being willing to accept them.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
lafayette said:
Hey Folks,

I read some confusing stories on the forums about FBI background checks getting complicated because the CIC was at first, and then wasn't, accepting reports from channelers.

Has that now been cleared up? Can people confirm that they used channelers and had their application successfully approved? Has anyone run into problems with channelers since the CIC "officially" began accepting reports from channelers again?

FWIW, I'm a US citizen, living in the US, applying outland. My spouse is a Canadian citizen.

Also, has anyone had particularly good, or particularly bad, experiences with specific channelers? All their websites look pretty shady to me...

Thanks in advance,
lafayette
I got my FBI check from Fieldprint back in June. The only thing to be aware of with them (if they're an option where you live) is that they will actually call you to verify why you're seeking a check before they let you fully complete the appointment booking process. The actual process of digitally scanning my prints was very quick.

While they do only provide a PDF, and not a physical letter, this was not an issue for me. I printed it out on a standard laser printer and mailed it off with my application. I think they're less concerned with "originals" now that the FBI no longer issues letters on tamper proof paper.

Bluemoon0606

Oct 15, 2016
HEY GUYS, NEED SOME HEEELP.
This is mostlyan anxious question, my husband sponsorship was approved on november 24, 2016. And eer since I got nothing, but recently I logged into my CIC account and it shows this: "We started processing your application on January 16, 2017"
So, the question is, how long do you think it's gonna take to hear form them? Also, what comes after this?

THANK YOUUUUUUU and good luck for all of us guyss :-*

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Bluemoon0606 said:
HEY GUYS, NEED SOME HEEELP.
This is mostlyan anxious question, my husband sponsorship was approved on november 24, 2016. And eer since I got nothing, but recently I logged into my CIC account and it shows this: "We started processing your application on January 16, 2017"
So, the question is, how long do you think it's gonna take to hear form them? Also, what comes after this?

THANK YOUUUUUUU and good luck for all of us guyss :-*
Without knowing which visa office you're from, it's hard to guess. Mine started processing on November 7th through Ottawa. Technically, I haven't "heard" anything from them since then at all, but my background check started a little over a week ago. You might want to see if there's a specific thread or spreadsheet for your visa office, as they'll give you a better idea of what your processing times might be.

They might ask you for more documents, they might not. It depends on what you provided up front or whether they decide they need more proof of anything. At some point, a background check will start, and that's generally the last thing that happens before approval.