Tlu 3rd june 2015
Passport Req..
6th July 2015 and pp submitted 8th july
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2015
LANDED..........
09/09/2015
Hi Sir
Hello seniors i have a question about PCC. we just got married on november 25th 2016.I was just wondering what immediate documents do i need to apply for so that i can apply the PR of my wife as i am a Permanent Resident of canada. I am in canada now and she is still in india. My concerns are
1. will she need to change her marital status in her passport from single to married?
2. will she need a PCC from her new address(which is my home) or she can apply pcc with her previous address.
3. And are there any immediate documents i need to collect i already have the marriage certificate though. Does she needs an upfront medical as well???
3. What other documents do i need do let me know.

Thank you so much

Regards Ashish Khurana

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
razor787 said:
To me, its not necessarily withholding information, but instead just not mentioning the information. Same as talking to the police. You don't want to answer questions that aren't asked.
IMM5532, #9.

They ask for an explanation as to why your parents didn't attend your marriage. Any answer besides "They didn't know about it" would be a lie on your part.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
IMM5532, #9.

They ask for an explanation as to why your parents didn't attend your marriage. Any answer besides "They didn't know about it" would be a lie on your part.
Not necessarily. Saying that they were in another country, and we wanted to hold off on a big ceremony until we can have all parties attend is the truth. Them not knowing is a sub-fact that I think would be best unmentioned.

Telling them that I have a good relationship with my parents, but that they don't even know about our marriage would be a huge red flag in my opinion. This fact alone I think would likely lead to a refusal.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
razor787 said:
Not necessarily. Saying that they were in another country, and we wanted to hold off on a big ceremony until we can have all parties attend is the truth. Them not knowing is a sub-fact that I think would be best unmentioned.

Telling them that I have a good relationship with my parents, but that they don't even know about our marriage would be a huge red flag in my opinion. This fact alone I think would likely lead to a refusal.
immigration can not just refuse your application because of an answer to a question. they need to give you the opportunity to explain yourself and appease their concerns. this is done by additional requests or by scheduling an interview. you can't assume to know how an immigration office is going to interpret your answers. when a full explanation of an issue is provided in an application and it makes sense to the immigration officer, it could very well not be deemed a "red flag". it's certainly better to provide a clear explanation than not. not doing so is the difference between being triggered for an interview and having a smooth process. the goal of the application is to provide a complete enough application to avoid an interview.

nightriderx

Dec 4, 2016
With the new documents, is it still possible to sponsor my wife Outland if she live with me with Visitor Visa?

Because i have 2 choice ( in the checklist imm5533 )

#1 I am currently living in canada with my sponsor, and i am applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class
#2 I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under Family Class

If i choose #2 I feel i'm lying...

I know about the difference about inland and outland mostly but i can't find info on governement website
stuff like: inland you can't leave country while application being process

mvm

Dec 26, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
immigration can not just refuse your application because of an answer to a question. they need to give you the opportunity to explain yourself and appease their concerns. this is done by additional requests or by scheduling an interview. you can't assume to know how an immigration office is going to interpret your answers. when a full explanation of an issue is provided in an application and it makes sense to the immigration officer, it could very well not be deemed a "red flag". it's certainly better to provide a clear explanation than not. not doing so is the difference between being triggered for an interview and having a smooth process. the goal of the application is to provide a complete enough application to avoid an interview.
Hi There

My partner and I got married in December 2016 and have just filed our application. Our families are not aware of the marriage but are aware of the relationship. On our application we stated religious beliefs for not telling our family. My family is very christian as is my husband's and we didn't want a religious wedding or to upset our families. We plan to renew our vows next year with our families present.

username_1

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Spousal sponsorship -- Original Documents vs. Notarized

gatwiser said:
Hello:

I am new to this forum. I am applying for my spouse who is in India. I am Canadian and I have children ( also Canadian) with my spouse.

As I collect documents for her, the document checklist is suggesting photocopies while the India specific documents (Birth Certificates or Matriculation Certificatesl) as originals to be supplied. India only provides 1 original. These are the only ones that my wife has. Would a notarized copy of the original be acceptable. Does anyone have experience sending originals and getting the originals back from CIC? I am in the final stages of sending the application, but this is holding me back. I would be thankful if someone can please respond to this. I am confused as to the document checklist requesting photocopies only while India specific is saying send originals.
I want to know about this too.. I was suggested by a friend of mine to send only notarized copy but I will be interested to know what others are doing?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
razor787 said:

Sure, whatever you want to do. Note that IRCC doesn't really distinguish between a lie and a lie by omission.

Your app would not be refused because of that.

nightriderx said:
With the new documents, is it still possible to sponsor my wife Outland if she live with me with Visitor Visa?

Because i have 2 choice ( in the checklist imm5533 )

#1 I am currently living in canada with my sponsor, and i am applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class
#2 I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under Family Class

If i choose #2 I feel i'm lying...

I know about the difference about inland and outland mostly but i can't find info on governement website
stuff like: inland you can't leave country while application being process
I suggest you go back to the checklist, in that exact same box, and read option 3...

nightriderx

Dec 4, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
I suggest you go back to the checklist, in that exact same box, and read option 3...
option #3 I am currently living in canada, and i am applying under the family class ( not under the spouse or common-law partner in canada class)
I understand that i may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside canada

Thank you so much Canuck!
This is new? Can i read more Info about this? Where is the interview outside canada?
When people talk about outland application is it this?
My wife don't want work while waiting PR and we want be able travel outside Canada :)

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Sure, whatever you want to do. Note that IRCC doesn't really distinguish between a lie and a lie by omission.

Your app would not be refused because of that.
So what would you suggest I put? The poster above had a good reason of religious beliefs. My case is different. We simply want to have a real wedding with both families present. And don't want to shock them by saying we are already married.

To me, I feel like they would think we only got married in order to make the application.

I want to do this the best way possible, and don't want to lie. But I am worried that telling them this will make us seem like a fake marriage.

Kristin2015

Jan 9, 2017
good afternoon
I arrived in Canada with a visitor's visa 8 months ago, but when my husband and I arrive, we send them the application so that he can sponsor me along with a work permit application, I have the work permit right now and we are waiting for my permanent residence.

The question is the following, we are thinking of going on vacation but we do not know if I have to do some procedure to change the category of my visa or with which I have and the work permit that expires until 2018 I will be able to enter Canada

Bri011

Jan 9, 2017
Hi guys!
I am from Austria and in a relationship with my boyfriend for 2 years and he is thinking about sponsoring me.Do we have to live together for one year?
I arrived in August and I am on a working holiday visa for one year.Could we apply for sponsorship under conjugal relationship in June cause I waited in Austria for my working holiday visa before I came to Canada?My boyfriend stayed with me in Austria for three weeks in June and then I waited there cause the Cic homepage suggests to not enter the country before you have the working holiday visa.
Would this be enough?I just want to keep working with an open work permit and I would hate to wait for a visa and get stuck waiting
Thanks for your help!!

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
For the proof of relationship you need evidence of two of these things...

A) Joint ownership of residential property or joint residential leases or joint rental agreements listing both the sponsor and the principal
applicant; (Minimum 1 document).

B) Proof of joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone); (Minimum 1 document).

C)Important documents for you and your sponsor showing the same address, such as copies of Government issued identification
documents: driver's licenses, insurance policies, etc. (Minimum 1 document

For number one, we are staying in an apartment owned by my wife's mother. The mother doesn't live with us, but it's owned by her. Because of this, we haven't been under a rental agreement.

For number two, since it's her mother's place, everything is in her name. We aren't able to even get a mobile plan under both names because they don't do that here (Russia).

What could I do to get one or both of these options checked off?

For the third, I think we can do this, but I'm not entirely sure...

In Russia, foreign citizens must register at the location they are staying. I was first registered at our home, but then my with decided to register me in Moscow (at a place I wouldn't be staying) because our house is too far from the city and they felt that it might seem strange if the Russian government looked into it.

I am going to switch it back to bring registered in her place. But those months in between, I don't know how they would affect things.

Do I need to show an extended period of time for this (several months in the past) or just that we are currently living together? Does anyone even know if this would qualify under the 3rd one? It's a government paperwork that will have an official stamp, so I assume it should be sufficient.

Also, do the two pieces of ID need to be the same, or can they be two different pieces? For example I show registration, she shows a passport.

Wenliying

Dec 22, 2016
Hello all,
I'm new here. My husband sponsored me inland and I submitted application on Nov 29, and on Dec 12 CIC responded me that they recived my application and start to process it.
Today I received email from CIC says, if my status changed I must report to IRCC. Now my study permit is expired, and I'm not attending any schools. What if I report to IRCC, say that my status is expired, will it affect to my application? Do you have any Good suggestions? Thank you so much for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nightriderx said:
This is new? Can i read more Info about this? Where is the interview outside canada?
When people talk about outland application is it this?
My wife don't want work while waiting PR and we want be able travel outside Canada :)
No, it's not new. People have always been able to apply outland while in Canada. I don't quite understand what kind of info you are looking for. If an interview is required, it would be held at the VO in her home country or possibly a neighbouring country depending on where she is from.

An outland application means that the applicant portion of the app is processed outside of Canada.

Outland is the best option for your situation.