canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SDS said:
I am new here and I would like to ask question on sponsoring other relatives category - under that can I sponsor my sister? she is more than 18 years.
You can only sponsor your sister if your parents are dead, you have no kids, no spouse/common-law partner and no family members that are already Canadian citizens or PRs.

musette said:
We submitted my application using my married name but the emails I'm receiveing from CIC is showing my maiden name. My husband sent an email to CIC about this and never received a response. Now, they're requesting for my passport and I'm not sure if this will be an issue. I sent CIC an email asking for the same thing but haven't received any response. Any advise?
Send a letter of explanation with the passport.

Naina888 said:
I am Naturalized Canadian Citizen want to Sponsor my Husband for PR, I am living in UAE since April 2016 with my Husband and getting married in November 2015 over the Phone

Please let me know i can sponsor my husband for PR??
Your phone marriage is not legally recognized in Canada, so you will not be able to sponsor. You will need to get married in person.

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Good day everyone.

I want to ask, do I and my husband (principal applicant) have to submit two forms of the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)? I'm asking because when I looked at both of the forms, it has the same content. So do we have to submit two forms?

Thank you very much.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
fastl said:
I want to ask, do I and my husband (principal applicant) have to submit two forms of the Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)? I'm asking because when I looked at both of the forms, it has the same content. So do we have to submit two forms?
No, you don't submit 2 copies. You submit one copy signed by both of you.

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
Hi there a quick question about my grandmother in Colombia. Her fiancee proposed to her for marriage last year in September, she is Colombian and he is Canadian. Her visa to come to Canada in February for the wedding was refused ( same old family ties issue even though she has a large family there and also here, but that is another story) and therefore they decided to get married in Colombia instead, as her immigration lawyer suggested. Her fiancee took a month off just for that occasion ( he is retired ). They got married in early October this year in her village and 3 weeks later after the marriage she had her immigration interview with an immigration officer. Her fiancee was accepted as the sponsor in May this year and they both did all that was necessary as far as paperwork/fees/immigration lawyer etc. Her interview lasted about 90 minutes without her fiancee being called in too. She brought all papers/photos/phone contacts/emails etc. as well as her marriage certificate. She also brought her Colombian passport along with 2 photos just i case they would need it. She was left without an answer from the immigration officer other than that they will review further the papers and make a decision. No time frame, nothing. They did not take her passport and pictures. According to my grandmother, the officer was kind and friendly and seemed to be satisfied with all answers. Just that now we have no way of knowing roughly and really roughly when we can expect hear from immigration again. It's been almost 2 months since the interview. Her fiancee is back in Canada and she is still waiting there. We were all expecting her to get her PR before this year's end. Has something been overlooked on our part ? additional papers etc?
Thanks and merry Christmas to all.

vallabha147

May 24, 2014
London, ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016, AOR 2 - 13th December 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Yes to submit passport
LANDED..........
Already landed on Visiting Visa
Hello Friends,

My wife got an e-mail from New Delhi Visa office, they are asking to submit Landing fees receipt and PCC. I have already submitted these documents with the file when I submitted it to Mississauga.

Do I need to again send them these documents? They have written 'If not already paid or submitted'. It is really confusing me.

(The exact words are -

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.)

Kindly help me out.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Patrick H said:
They got married in early October this year in her village and 3 weeks later after the marriage she had her immigration interview with an immigration officer. Her fiancee was accepted as the sponsor in May this year and they both did all that was necessary as far as paperwork/fees/immigration lawyer etc.

We were all expecting her to get her PR before this year's end. Has something been overlooked on our part ? additional papers etc?
How exactly did they apply early this year when they only just got married in October? If they applied originally as conjugal, then that is why the app is taking longer than normal.

zer09

Mar 27, 2016
Hi guys! Does anyone experience this, when I checked the status of my application thru ECAS it says "Decision Made", but when I checked in the GCKey account it says "Final Decision has not yet started"

Note: I also already received an e-mail notifying me that I am now eligible to register for pre-arrival services.

Thanks!

baadshah8464

Apr 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vallabha147 said:
Hello Friends,

My wife got an e-mail from New Delhi Visa office, they are asking to submit Landing fees receipt and PCC. I have already submitted these documents with the file when I submitted it to Mississauga.

Do I need to again send them these documents? They have written 'If not already paid or submitted'. It is really confusing me.

(The exact words are -

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.
· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.)

Kindly help me out.
Hi Vallabha, even my wife also received same email from NDVO on Dec19 2016 eventhough we already submitted her Landing fees and PCC.I am also in the same boat.

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
How exactly did they apply early this year when they only just got married in October? If they applied originally as conjugal, then that is why the app is taking longer than normal.
Their immigration lawyer filed their application for spousal sponsorship as her 2 attempts at getting a visitor visa were denied. 1st attempt last year in October and her second attempt in March this year 2016. The reason for their rejection was the ambiguous/vague "family ties and previous travel history" jargon that we all could never understand why. She already has had a 2 year visiting visa from 2013 to 2015, she already has been through the checks and such. she has 6 sisters and 2 paid houses in her village, she has a daughter with 3 grandchildren here in Canada, she does not need money or a place to stay as her fiancee has a house fully paid. All that info including bank receipts/house deed from her fiancee as well as tons of proof that they are in a genuine relationship and not for convenience. They are old enough not to play games and just want to live/be happy together. Her police report is spotless, her health is excellent, never smoked nor drinks. There is something wrong with this picture. Last year she applied for super visa and got refused for whatever reason, go figure. They delayed their wedding dates twice as they both had hopes of being married in Canada but the visiting visa never came through. They were scheduled to be married in Mid October in Canada by a notary here that posted 30 days their upcoming marriage. Still no visa and still more delays. How else were they going to apply if he is here and she is there ?
They knew and fell in love within the last 7 months that she still had her 2 year visa. The were going to get married as soon as she would have gotten a visa to cone in Canada, which never came after several attempts. Yes, people do fall in love and get married even sooner than 7 months of knowing/making love to each other, especially when they are old enough to know what they want in a relationship.

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
vallabha147 said:
Hello Friends,

(The exact words are -

Kindly help me out.
It is very clear it is just saying pay the RPRF if you have not paid it if you did dont worry about it ...same with the police clearances ...it is saying submit it if you havent...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Patrick H said:
Their immigration lawyer filed their application for spousal sponsorship as her 2 attempts at getting a visitor visa were denied. 1st attempt last year in October and her second attempt in March this year 2016. The reason for their rejection was the ambiguous/vague "family ties and previous travel history" jargon that we all could never understand why. She already has had a 2 year visiting visa from 2013 to 2015, she already has been through the checks and such. she has 6 sisters and 2 paid houses in her village, she has a daughter with 3 grandchildren here in Canada, she does not need money or a place to stay as her fiancee has a house fully paid. All that info including bank receipts/house deed from her fiancee as well as tons of proof that they are in a genuine relationship and not for convenience. They are old enough not to play games and just want to live/be happy together. Her police report is spotless, her health is excellent, never smoked nor drinks. There is something wrong with this picture. Last year she applied for super visa and got refused for whatever reason, go figure. They delayed their wedding dates twice as they both had hopes of being married in Canada but the visiting visa never came through. They were scheduled to be married in Mid October in Canada by a notary here that posted 30 days their upcoming marriage. Still no visa and still more delays. How else were they going to apply if he is here and she is there ?
They knew and fell in love within the last 7 months that she still had her 2 year visa. The were going to get married as soon as she would have gotten a visa to cone in Canada, which never came after several attempts. Yes, people do fall in love and get married even sooner than 7 months of knowing/making love to each other, especially when they are old enough to know what they want in a relationship.
And in all of that, you didn't even answer my question. Again, did they apply as conjugal? Just a yes or no answer, without the unnecessary story.

In regards to the TRV and Supervisa refusals, as you were told by several of us in your previous thread, she has zero chance of being approved for any form of temporary residence because of the false refugee claim.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
Hi, I have received Sponsor Approval email from CIC, which says it got approved.

However, my wife application is transferred to NDVO, based on her nationality, though she is staying and working in US (on h1-B for past 3 years).

1. Is this normal, is application always transferred to location based on nationality and not where they currently stay.
2. How this would work in case of submitting passport, do my wife needs to submit passport to NDVO or she would be asked to submit passport in US?

Please suggest, if anyone has gone through same.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jameee said:
However, my wife application is transferred to NDVO, based on her nationality, though she is staying and working in US (on h1-B for past 3 years).

1. Is this normal, is application always transferred to location based on nationality and not where they currently stay.
2. How this would work in case of submitting passport, do my wife needs to submit passport to NDVO or she would be asked to submit passport in US?
Hi

1. Yes, it's normal that the app went to ND. IRCC pretty much always sends apps to the VO of nationality.

2. She should be given the option to submit her passport to the Ottawa office.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

1. Yes, it's normal that the app went to ND. IRCC pretty much always sends apps to the VO of nationality.

2. She should be given the option to submit her passport to the Ottawa office.
Thank you, this is helpful.