+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

dinigobale

Sep 24, 2013
Hi guys

Wife passed the interview last week! So since her medical expired she had to re do it.
Today the medical people told her to send medical paper to me (husband) so that he can sent it to the embassy
This didn't make sense to us. She is in Africa? The embassy is in Africa wouldn't it be better if she just sent to the embassy? Why send it to Canada then I send it back to Africa? They also said they sent it by email too. But the original has to be sent by mail. Does anyone know why?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dinigobale said:
Hi guys

Wife passed the interview last week! So since her medical expired she had to re do it.
Today the medical people told her to send medical paper to me (husband) so that he can sent it to the embassy
This didn't make sense to us. She is in Africa? The embassy is in Africa wouldn't it be better if she just sent to the embassy? Why send it to Canada then I send it back to Africa? They also said they sent it by email too. But the original has to be sent by mail. Does anyone know why?
they are probably assuming that the sponsor is the one who sends the paperwork. i wouldn't put too much stock in what the medical office says. it doesn't matter who sends it. what matters is that it is sent. either one of you can send the form to immigration, and yes it can be emailed. it can be sent by submitting a case specific enquiry on the immigration website.

Sirenane

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Málaga, Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-04-2016
Med's Request
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR - 30-09-2016
LANDED..........
16-12-2016
Butterflygirl said:
After MP immigration requests you to do medical. How long before you hear again from the visa office again? Does it take them a long time to go thru your e-medical? How long did it take to be asked for PPR?
My husband (from a non visa country) did his medical Aug. 19 (no upfront) and we received his PR October 20. The date approved stamped on the PR document is September 30. Hope that helps with a time line for you.

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016 In Process.......: 22-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16-12-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2016 - Remedial: 09-11-2017
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
I am requested passport photos today.

`Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the
specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)
This must be received at this office by: 2017/01/13

Since I already provided passport photographs following the specifications i don't know what different is to send now? Should I take photos again and send it? Can anybody explain what could be the potential mistake in previously submitted photographs and what to be careful about now?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
su005 said:
I am requested passport photos today.

`Passport photos: Passport size photographs (photographs must conform to the
specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications)
This must be received at this office by: 2017/01/13

Since I already provided passport photographs following the specifications i don't know what different is to send now? Should I take photos again and send it? Can anybody explain what could be the potential mistake in previously submitted photographs and what to be careful about now?
it does not suggest there was a mistake on your part. this is a common request. it could mean they suspect the pictures are more than 6 mo. old based on when the application was submitted (i think there is a specific time frame for pictures), or if your application went to a visa office for overflow reasons, it could be the original pictures didn't get sent physically to the new visa office. There is no reason to ignore the request, follow the instructions and send the pictures in before the due date.

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016 In Process.......: 22-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16-12-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2016 - Remedial: 09-11-2017
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
CDNPR2014 said:
it does not suggest there was a mistake on your part. this is a common request. it could mean they suspect the pictures are more than 6 mo. old based on when the application was submitted (i think there is a specific time frame for pictures), or if your application went to a visa office for overflow reasons, it could be the original pictures didn't get sent physically to the new visa office. There is no reason to ignore the request, follow the instructions and send the pictures in before the due date.

Should I take the new pictures or send the same previous one again since it is not outdated (taken on 23 Sep 2016), I reckon I need to take new ones.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
su005 said:
Should I take the new pictures or send the same previous one again since it is not outdated (taken on 23 Sep 2016), I reckon I need to take new ones.
if you have duplicates you can send them and they are dated within 6 months, then double check the specifications are correct. if they follow the specifications required, then i don't see why you can't use those. it will save you some money and time.

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
Hi there I hope you can help me.

Here is the deal. So my husband got a phone call today and was asked about some dates about his education and work. He was asked questions when he graduated and first got a job. Unfortunately he does not know them by heart (goes back to 2003 and 2005), so he got the year wrong (we had to go back to the papers to know the dates).

Another mistake done was on the employment record, so it says the last 10 yrs or since age of 18, so he had this job from 2005, and got promoted in 2009, being the last 10 yrs is more recent for him, we wrote from 2009-2015 this promoted job, and did not write the 2005-2009 job. So she asked him when did u start he said in 2005, and she said I have here 2009. and he said he had worked for 9 yrs for them.
What should be done? Should we send a clarification email explaining the dates and send attached proofs for both his education and work? Or wait if she contacts him again, he brings it up?

Plz help.
Thank you

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Although the form says go back 10 yrs they want you to go back to age 18 without gaps We had to do ours again as well abs for the times between work we just put on holiday.

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
hi guys can i please ask for help
i just received my passport request.
on the appendix b form
do i still need to include my son who is already a PR on the list? or is it just me and my husband?
both husband and child is already a PR
thanks i hope someone can help me

abdsyr

Dec 15, 2016
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with applying for a spouse (marriage) to come to Canada, who is currently on a temporary protected status (TPS) in the USA? The spouse has a Syrian nationality.

What's the best path to follow (standard app vs. something else that could take less time)?

Any gotcha's to be aware of on either side of the border?

Any general advice?

Thanks,

Abdul

Oct 3, 2016
hello,, please i need some help here..

Me and my boyfriend received our Nomination approval last SEPT 30, He is the principal applicant for the Nomination and I am accompanying Family Member as Common Law Partner, We both applied for our Work Permits through paper application.

December 12, my application for Open Work Permit was being returned and asking for some more documents (forms). And still we doesnt have result yet for his Work Permit Application.

When I checked the online application (which i just learned recently) the documents needed there is not much as the paper application.

Question is:

1. Should I just wait until His Work Permit Approve before I redo my application through online?
2. Will I repay all the fees again since my application is returned?
3. Will this delay our PR Application?

Any help and ideas is muchly appreciated!!!
Bless Us!!!

Oct 3, 2016

Me and my boyfriend received our Nomination approval last SEPT 30, He is the principal applicant for the Nomination and I am accompanying Family Member as Common Law Partner, We both applied for our Work Permits through paper application.

December 12, my application for Open Work Permit was being returned and asking for some more documents (forms). And still we doesnt have result yet for his Work Permit Application.

When I checked the online application (which i just learned recently) the documents needed there is not much as the paper application.

Question is:

1. Should I just wait until His Work Permit Approve before I redo my application through online?

Bless Us!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Butterfly Rose said:

Question is:

Bless Us!!!
You'll need to post your question to the Provincial Nomination section of the forum. This section is for Canadians sponsoring family members for PR.