+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Snowflake4789

Oct 31, 2016
Hi ,I am Serbian , I got married last month after 3 years of relationship here in Canada, and want to start procedure for pr sponsorship and open work permit! But I am here already 4 months and my visitor 6 months time expires in December! So is it enough just to start procedure will I still be legally here? Or have to extend my visitor status as well though another app extend your stay as a visitor ? When is the latest I should send off My doc??
Please help me! Promise will keep you posted with my case!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Snowflake4789 said:
Hi ,I am Serbian , I got married last month after 3 years of relationship here in Canada, and want to start procedure for pr sponsorship and open work permit! But I am here already 4 months and my visitor 6 months time expires in December! So is it enough just to start procedure will I still be legally here? Or have to extend my visitor status as well though another app extend your stay as a visitor ? When is the latest I should send off My doc??
Please help me! Promise will keep you posted with my case!
Since you want/need the OWP, you have no choice to apply Inland [as you've stated].

As long as CIC receives the Inland application and OWP before your visitor status expires, you can remain in Canada under Implied Status. Make sure to triple check your application (and OWP paperwork) because if there are errors on your part (missing or outdated form(s), missing signature(s), or incomplete payment) your entire application and/or OWP forms can be returned. If this happens, your Implied Status could be jeopardized.

The correct for for the OWP is $255 ($155 + $100 holder fee).

Good luck!

Snowflake4789

Oct 31, 2016
Thank you so much !!!
I am almost done getting everything together...
Thanks for advise!
So you think I don t need to applu for extend your stay as a Visitor as Well... In case something goes wrong with omp and pr? Can I do all of them in a same time???
Can I print picures on regular paper? Or has to be original?
Take care!!! Thanks for anwering !!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Snowflake4789 said:
Thank you so much !!!
I am almost done getting everything together...
Thanks for advise!
So you think I don t need to applu for extend your stay as a Visitor as Well... In case something goes wrong with omp and pr? Can I do all of them in a same time???
Can I print picures on regular paper? Or has to be original?
Take care!!! Thanks for anwering !!!
Hence my "make sure you triple check..." suggestion. ;)

IMHO, It's still a good idea to apply to extend your visitor status, just in case.

You can print pictures of regular paper. A lot of people print several on one page, using a program like MS Word.

Good luck!

Sap12

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-12-2017
Interview........
Yet not
Passport Req..
Yet not
VISA ISSUED...
Yet not
LANDED..........
Hope end of 2017
Hi forumites,

I'm new here at forum. Would you, please clarify one thing regarding spouse sponsor? Is it mandatory that I should have job in Canada to sponsor my wife? in form related to sponsor, my spouse who is outside Canada cannot be cosigner?

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zrizvi said:
hi
if Canadian citizen sponporing his spouse(wife) from Pakistan,in this case spouse's educational documents reqiured with supporting documents ? if she dnt hv much education.do need to include her educational documents? plz reply and give more information about educational documents of spouse.

regards
when you fill Background & declaration, you will state may activities in past 10 years, to reinforce/clarify its better to provide at-least PHOTOCOPIES of educational docs. just in case if Visa officer want to confirm something he would have your record in application.

Spouse education has nothing to do with Spousal Immigration process but its just a supporting document to show them proof about what you did in past years.

thanks

zrizvi

Oct 30, 2016
2calgary said:
when you fill Background & declaration, you will state may activities in past 10 years, to reinforce/clarify its better to provide at-least PHOTOCOPIES of educational docs. just in case if Visa officer want to confirm something he would have your record in application.

Spouse education has nothing to do with Spousal Immigration process but its just a supporting document to show them proof about what you did in past years.

thanks
Thank you so much
One more Question ,is it necessary that documents should b attested from HEC and foreign affairs

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
2calgary said:

As already stated, nationals of Pakistan are required to submit their educational documents.

zrizvi said:
Thank you so much
One more Question ,is it necessary that documents should b attested from HEC and foreign affairs
Nowhere does the guide ask for that. If the documents aren't in English or French, they need to be formally translated.

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
Plz help help help
My wife Sumit my file on 28th June 16 cpc Mississauga office via post
Aor1 19 July
And 22 September cpc Mississauga sent my file back to my wife with one latter
Your representative is not authorised appoint a representative or send it on your behalf
After this my wife remove representative form from our file and resend file send to cpc Mississauga on 30 September
Now we are waiting for our sponsor approval?
Any idea how long it is ?
My current status is
We received your application to sponsor Xxxxx on June 28, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 19, 2016.
We started processing your application on July 18, 2016.
We sent you a letter on September 22, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
Lookfast said:
Plz help help help
My wife Sumit my file on 28th June 16 cpc Mississauga office via post
Aor1 19 July
And 22 September cpc Mississauga sent my file back to my wife with one latter
Your representative is not authorised appoint a representative or send it on your behalf
After this my wife remove representative form from our file and resend file send to cpc Mississauga on 30 September
Now we are waiting for our sponsor approval?
Any idea how long it is ?
My current status is
We received your application to sponsor Xxxxx on June 28, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 19, 2016.
We started processing your application on July 18, 2016.
We sent you a letter on September 22, 2016. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Hello,

It's hard to determine how long it takes for the application to be processed, and the final decision to be made.
My application was filed January 1/2016, and I'm still waiting for a decision to be made, so 9 months and some days, and still in the waiting game :D
Keep positive, I wish your process goes smooth!

Roadtorusso

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2018
Can someone break down the process for me here - I want to know what happens after you submit your package to Ottawa (US outland for my husband). Obviously there is some waiting, but I see all of these steps like AOR, SA - then what? TIA! :D

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Roadtorusso said:
Can someone break down the process for me here - I want to know what happens after you submit your package to Ottawa (US outland for my husband). Obviously there is some waiting, but I see all of these steps like AOR, SA - then what? TIA! :D
AOR - acknowledgement of receipt, sent to sponsor to confirm the date the package is received. this also generally indicates no forms or signatures are missing.
SA - sponsor approval, sent to sponsor. will include information for which visa office the PR applicaiton is sent to. will also include request for medical/PCC if not provided up front.

The applicant's application is then sent to the visa office for processing. this is where the majority of the wait begins.
IN PROCESS - the applicant's status can change to this when the file is picked up for processing.
PPR - passport request. for most visa exempt applicants, this part can be waived. for visa exempt applicants, a PPR is a request for a copy of the applicant's passport to confirm their name and validity date of the passport.
RPRF - this is the fee that must be paid before the application can be approved. if not paid upfront, the PPR will include this request.
DM - Decision made. this will appear for the applicant when the application has been approved (a DM will not be negative unless there was already an interview or requests for more info have been ignored). Generally, for us applications, DM means the COPR was sent to the applicant.
COPR - the approval document that will be used to land as a PR. For us applicants, it's usually sent in regular mail and is in a brown envelope.

Roadtorusso

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-09-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2018
CDNPR2014 said:
AOR - acknowledgement of receipt, sent to sponsor to confirm the date the package is received. this also generally indicates no forms or signatures are missing.
SA - sponsor approval, sent to sponsor. will include information for which visa office the PR applicaiton is sent to. will also include request for medical/PCC if not provided up front.

The applicant's application is then sent to the visa office for processing. this is where the majority of the wait begins.
IN PROCESS - the applicant's status can change to this when the file is picked up for processing.
PPR - passport request. for most visa exempt applicants, this part can be waived. for visa exempt applicants, a PPR is a request for a copy of the applicant's passport to confirm their name and validity date of the passport.
RPRF - this is the fee that must be paid before the application can be approved. if not paid upfront, the PPR will include this request.
DM - Decision made. this will appear for the applicant when the application has been approved (a DM will not be negative unless there was already an interview or requests for more info have been ignored). Generally, for us applications, DM means the COPR was sent to the applicant.
COPR - the approval document that will be used to land as a PR. For us applicants, it's usually sent in regular mail and is in a brown envelope.
CDNPR2014 - You're the best - always answering all of my questions! lol. 8)

PandaChan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4, 2016
AOR Received.
July 21, 2016
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016
Med's Done....
June 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
PR approved Oct 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 11, 2016
Quick question; The address we send our passport photos when requested, is it in Ottawa or Nova Scotia?

Don't know if anyone can answer this.

destinedlove

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
April, 28, 2017
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2017
AOR Received.
May 26, 2017
File Transfer...
July 11, 2017
Med's Request
June 05, 2017
Med's Done....
June 08,2017; Passed June 23, 2017
Interview........
Nov 21, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
PandaChan said:
Quick question; The address we send our passport photos when requested, is it in Ottawa or Nova Scotia?

Don't know if anyone can answer this.
Hello, unfortunately I cannot answer your question but my question to you, was your application inland or outland as I noticed that your process was very fast.